“Pricey, but large portions and decent food”

Schellenger's Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Richlandtown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pricey, but large portions and decent food”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went with my family of four. A few of us got fried flounder and one got the white fish. I got crab imperial which had large lumps of crabmeat. The flounder may have been frozen, like other reviewers stated, but the crab dish and white fish were pretty good. Portions were big. The kid's meals do not include drink or dessert, but that seems to be the norm here. Server was nice. Owner introduced himself. A huge negative is the elderly huckster walking around selling trinkets. I know times are tough, but that is not the place for it. Puts the restaurant in a negative light.

• Visited June 2014

Pittsburgh
“Good food but....”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was tasty. The atmosphere was nice and the restaurant appealing from the exteriot. Pros: good waitress and good food. Cons: portion size was very lacking for the price of the food. I was literally shocked when I received my entree. For $24 you would think you'd get more than three less than average size lobster raviolis. If I was to go out again I'd choose a different place. Like I said though the food was good!

Glenside, Pennsylvania
“Friendly people and good food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Schellenger's was a short walk from our hotel so we tried it. A very popular place with lots of fun sea decor. We were a little surprised by the prices when we sat down since we were told the prices were good. Be prepared to spend $18-$30 on your entree and a side. I got salmon and my husband got scallops. Both were very good. The staff is friendly and the owner makes a point to stop by and chat for a bit. We would probably head back when in town again, though the prices were a little steep for us. I think you will have a solid dining experience heading to Schellenger's and a memorable night at the shore!

Visited June 2014
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

A little pricey but the atmosphere was great and the food was amazing!!! It was within walking distance from our hotel and not crowded. Definitely worth it!!

Visited June 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Frozen and not so fresh seafood”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The food was just terrible. Obviously frozen and WAY over priced.
The server was very friendly and provided great service but the seafood in this cooks opinion was just awful. It is a nice building and the wait staff is very friendly, too bad the food is so bad.

Visited May 2014