“Wow!! How does this place stay open?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Piazza Cucina - CLOSED

La Piazza Cucina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: I like to thank all of you for the great comments it really means a lot to me and my family i think when you work hard and believe in what you are doing and people recognize it say nice things it makes it all worth while thank you all and god bless you all best always joey m
Staten Island, New York
“Wow!! How does this place stay open?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

I am one to go out to many dining spots in NJ & NY and this might be one of the worst. This year against my better judgement I gave this place a 2nd chance, bad move. Waited over 75minutes, food was worse then a bad olive garden, hostess was both rude and seemed way over her head and if not for our group singing my ears would still be hurting by the bad vocals of their George Kennedy look alike singer. Never again, grab a pizza be cheaper, quicker and more edible.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Richard C

Virginia
“Owner needs to concentrate on the kitchen not the Bandstand”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

My wife and I visited La Piazza Cucina on July 29, 2011. We planned to go for about 3 years; we visit The Wildwoods each year. We even viewed a late night video on cable TV starring the owner Joey M. Interesting that he doesn't reveal his last name. We were seated within 15 minutes, which is good for a Friday night in Wildwood. It must have been 60's night since that was the average age of the people at the bar. Joey M. (about 5 feet 1 inch) steps upon the stage and starts singing with a band for about a half hour. He's not America's Got Talent material. The 60's-somethings danced to the tunes just like they did when they were in high school. Trying to ignore this ghastly dancefest, we ordered vodka martinis. They were very good. My wife ordered the Veal "Saltimbuca" (for an Italian restaurant, at least they can spell Saltimbocca correctly). I ordered the Veal Martini. When we received the plates, the veal was swimming in whatever sauce was used in the recipe; a lot of sauce. The so-called veal semi-glaze was three times what was necessary for the recipe. When the veal was cut, whatever cheese or other ingredients were inside the medallions, poured out and mixed with the goo in the plate. The excessive sauce ruined the meal. To be fair, the veal was perfectly done and tender. With the other items brought to the table, it appeared that little attention is paid to the kitchen operations in favor of a bad singing act. The head chef needs some direction. The food, although edible, is ill-prepared. The waitress, Jane, was excellent in the performance of her duties and even agreed to inform the chef of our concerns. She had only been working there 5 days. A very positive employee good for the restaurant.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RMG4369
New York City, New York
“Find Someplace Else to Eat, or Stay Home”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We had seen an ad or a TV show about this place and were eager to try it, even though it meant driving 65 miles. Am I crazy, or what? When we got there (early) we ordered the Tower of Pisa to keep us busy while we were waiting for our friends. The tower was the best thing they brought to the table. It was downhill from there: Soggy vegetables drowning in minced garlic pieces too small to push away, pork chops that were not "center cut" at all, small and tough. I did not want mashed potatoes, but I had to pay extra for a tiny side of pasta, not al dente as I asked. This is the kind of place that gives Italian restaurants a bad rap. Red sauce to drown in, cheese in a shaker that reminded me of the stuff in a green box, fake olive oil on the table. What else? A staggering $38 pp with no alcohol, no coffee and no dessert. Oops!

• Visited July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CamilleNewYorkCity
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“like the food came from my italian grandmothers kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

i had the sicilian chicken....huge portion....amazing!
My wife had the pork chops........took 2 of them home (too much to eat).
nice friendly service.
worth the price because it is authentic italian food...........i know because i grew up with it!
joey M. and the music are perfect for the atmosphere

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank carlogrossi
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I don't understand why I am reading any bad reviews..apparently you don't know real italian food if u go to new york you are literally sitting on top of your neighbor and no bad remarks if the food is too hot apparently you don't like hot food. Everyhing was wonderful..service..food..atmosphere..EVERYTHING..it was worth every penny. Don't miss out on a wonderful night! LaPiazza is a MUST GO TO!

3 Thank EitaliaBella11