“Great menu selection with very good food”
Review of The Ravioli House

The Ravioli House
Ranked #22 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The Ravioli House is the oldest Italian Restaurant in the City of Wildwood, NJ. In the past 43 years not much has changed at Bennett and New Jersey Avenues in Wildwood. The Ravioli House and Pastry Shop is an Italian family restaurant with a complete take-out service. It is still owned and operated by the DeSanctis family. Antonio and Teresa came to Philadelphia from Italy to live with relatives. Every summer their families would travel to Wildwood to stay with Antonio’s aunt, who owned a building where she made homemade pasta. Teresa loved the idea of owning a restaurant, and in 1970 the Ravioli House opened its doors for the first time.The Ravioli House provides a warm and inviting ambiance with beautiful murals of towns and villages in Italy. Customers enjoy authentic Italian cuisine to the soundtrack of soft Italian music. At the Ravioli House, everything is homemade. It is just like eating in your grandmother’s kitchen. Choose from spaghetti, linguini, fettuccini, angel hair, rigatoni, gnocchi, potato gnocchi, and cavatelli. Then select one of 10 sauces to enjoy a pasta feast just the way you like it. Pasta selections don’t stop here. Try the stuffed shells, manicotti, baked ziti, and ravioli, or try “The Trip Around Italy” for a true taste sensation.
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This was our third annual visit during our vacation. Lobster ravioli is too due for! We ordered assorted appetizer for our group of 12 and everyone loved it. Service was attentive. Just disappointed they ran out of Italian sausage. Absolutely don't miss their bakery in back with fabulous desserts and pasta to take home to prepare.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Great food at reasonable prices. Went on a recommendation from a friend and have been going back for years. Service is prompt and pleasant. They offer a big takeout department and have off street parking available.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Pasta dishes very good. Pleasant wait staff. Good music, Dessert - Forget about it...no room after dinner

Reviewed July 28, 2014

food was good, wait time was good but we had reservations. waitress not so good. Birthday dinner and we were very rushed.

Chris K, Guest Relations Manager at The Ravioli House, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the food. We apologize that you felt rushed and thank you for bringing that to our attention. It will be addressed as we do make it a point not to rush people. We have sent you a private message as we would like to further address this with you.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Got your attention?

Ravioli House is an iconic Wildwood classic restaurant, which I have visited since my wee years. Now in my late 40s I continue to go back for the same good eats. And the Ravioli House doesn't disappoint.

This past weekend (Saturday night), we arrived at 5:30. No line, 3 minute wait. We were seated by a very friendly waitress who offered us the wine list. The prices for wine were quite reasonable (Luna di Luna Merlot for $24).

Next up: appetizers. There's a hot and cold list. We opted for the calamari and separately, the zucchini mozzarella and tomato. The calamari was easily 5 out of 5. The zucc was a bit bitter, so only a 3/5.

Now the main course. Hard to choose between meatballs and sausage with my manicotti so I went for both. The gravy has stood the test of time let me tell you. A huge plate of good eats was delivered 10 minutes after the appetizers were cleared. Now, how often can you take your fork, and slice through sausage like it were softened butter? I hated to let my wife sample it (wanting selfishly to keep my plate to myself). But the boss insisted! She had the lobster ravioli and we rated both dishes 5/5.

We decided to swing by the bakery (part of the RHouse family) and grab a few italian cookies for the walk to the boardwalk (only a few short blocks towards the beach.

In closing, some will say the wait is too long to get inside. I've stood in such lines and I know the frustration. If you're willing to wait, then you appreciate good eats.

1  Thank NicktheKnife