“Always Go Back”

Ranked #37 of 167 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Wharf is a family run establishment featuring 2 restaurants under one roof. The Dining Room at The Wharf features a casual upscale dining experience with a complete waterfront view. The menu features all fresh, local seafood and the finest cuts of meats. On the Deck at The Wharf you will find live entertainment daily, a full service waterfront bar and the same fresh food concept as the dining room. The menu on the deck concentrates on fresh seafood and burgers, handmade pizzas, and some of the finest bar fare in the Wildwoods. Lunch specials, happy hour and a fabulous kid's menu make the Wharf the family destination of the Wildwoods.
Reviewed September 10, 2013

On a recent visit to the Jersey Shore, my girlfriend and I ate at the Wharf. She grew up in the area and I lived there for over ten years so when we go back for a visit, it usually includes at least one dinner at the Wharf. It was the day after Labor day and even though we got there right at the prime dinner time, the place was pretty empty with most of the tourists gone. The hostess made sure we sat right next to the window so we could see the sunset.

Our waitress was friendly and nice. I got the fried shrimp, which was a little too crispy. I honestly can't remember the sides I got, but I don't remember hating them so I guess they were good! My girlfriend got her favorite Wharf dinner...the stuffed flunder. She said it was very good, as usual. Her side of asparagus though was probably about two weeks past its peak. Not completely bad, but you could tell it was the end of the asparagus season. One complaint...our server was a little slow on refilling our drinks, even after we put them on the edge of the table...the usual sign that we were ready for a refill. We skipped dessert.

Afterward, we asked the hostess if it was OK to walk out on the dock (you can drive up to the Wharf on your boat). She said of course and told us to make sure we walked all the way to the back to get a good view of the almost setting sun. The Wharf is a tradition for us and rarely disappoints (staff always friendly), but I might skip the fried shrimp next time.

2  Thank Snickers99

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stopped by the Wharf on a saturday afternoon looking for a nice seafood lunch.
You would think by the name that is what they would serve.
Very few seafood choices. Very disappointment. They had a pizza special.
but we really wanted seafood. Not worth the time and money to eat here.

1  Thank rene w
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stopped here on our boat for lunch and it was a dump right from docking the boat. The dock had broken cleats. The place really didn't look clean. I ordered a chopped salad which was served with brown lettuce and was missing the chopped egg. My friend ordered the chilled seafood combo which was supposed to come with 1/2 chilled lobster. It came with crab legs instead and was served to my friend with nothing being said (maybe they thought he wouldn't notice?). I had to ask the waiter to which he said "oh yeah we don't have lobster today". Shouldn't the waiter have come over and explained the problem and offer my friend to change his order? Upon asking they did adjust the bill by $5. The waiter avoided our table after that, never even coming back to see if we wanted another drink. The restrooms were dirty and had broken tile and just overall looked old and uncared for. My husband got sick after eating the burger. The rum runners were good though. I just left feeling like my headline says, "this place is a dump" and I will never go back. Go to the 2 mile crab house instead!! So much better.

2  Thank CkTravelerNj
Reviewed August 25, 2013

the atmosphere was nice, clean ,and relaxing! The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.Was an excellent meal from start to finish, after 44 years at Jersey Shore,I can honestly say this was the best meal and experience in a restaurant I've had in years!! The presentation of food,the great customer service,and comfortable relaxing atmosphere,I was very happily impressed and will definitly be back.Thanks for the great evening!

1  Thank Kim K
Reviewed August 25, 2013

They have indoor and outdoor seating, so being that it was a beautiful evening, me and my family decided to dine outside. We were told by the hostess to sit anywhere as it was self seating, so we did. Little did we know we would be sitting there for 10 minutes without a waiter or waitress even glancing in our direction. Only thing that paid us any mind was a few nats. Anyways, instead of leaving the place entirely which was my initial reaction, we decided to go inside, which was a great idea. Food and drinks were good, AC was pumping, waitress was a sweetheart. I'd go back, inside of course.

2  Thank bkzfinest80