“Solid Chinese food”

Dragon House
Ranked #41 of 161 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Solid Chinese food”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

Got takeout from dragon our first night in town.. Picked it up and noticed that its not some shady hole-in-the-wall Chinese place (which I have no problem with as they usually have the best value) but instead was a nice restaurant with a quality dine-in set up..

Pros
-food was hot and didn't seem reheated
-large portion sizes for the entres
-chicken and broccoli
-price: ~$30 for 2 apps, 2 entrees, 2 drinks

Cons
-takeout bag had no napkins or utensils
-chicken teriyaki was fatty and very subpar

Good restaurant, great value

Carlisle PA
“A little disappointed...”
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

We usually order out our first night in town. This year we wanted chinese so we picked The Dragon House. My son ordered chicken lo mein which he enjoyed. I ordered chicken & broccoli which was overcooked. We also ordered a large container of won ton soup to share. I honestly have to say I was not impressed with the won tons. They were tough and chewy...not sure why but I'm not used to the texture being what they were. The other odd thing was I asked if they served Kung Pao chicken. The woman on the phone said they do but I probably wouldn't like it. What??? How did she know? Lastly, the prices were a bit much due to the taste & texture of the food. I don't think we'll be ordering here again.

Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Decent Chinese Food”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Dragon House was high on my “must try” list (based on previous reviews I read on Trip Advisor). I found the food to be tasty, with big portions. Our waiter was reasonably attentive but had the personality of a piece of cardboard. My wife had chicken and broccoli and thoroughly enjoyed her dinner. I tried the Dragon Shrimp (which was served over asparagus). It’s good food, with big portions and attentive service.

• Visited August 2012
Brooklyn, New York
“Horrible”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were looking forward to this place, as it's been in business for over 40 years. What a letdown. The fried dumplings had very thick, unchewable skins. The Shrimp with Grand Marnier Sauce was disgusting. The sauce had the appearance and consistency of lemon custard. The Hunan Beef was too tough to cut, let alone chew. Worst Chinese food I ever had.

Visited August 2012
North Jersey
“Great Find!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Based on the reviews here, we gave this place a try. Loved it! We ordered the combination dinners that include soup and an egg roll. The wonton soup was great...not too salty. The egg roll was crisp and fresh. I had shrimp in lobster sauce, my husband had the general tso's chicken, and my daughter had boneless spare ribs. Best Chinese food I've ever had!

It's a little off the beaten path, but you've got to give this place a try!