“Good food but noisy”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Yes, the food was very good but the noise is certainly distracting.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

After eating on the boardwalk for days on end, or at overpriced and overrated red-sauce and seafood places, Tuckers is a delightful and delicious change of pace. We stopped in there, just looking for something *different*. Our table sampled the pot roast, bangers and mash, and the evening's special chicken parm dinner. Everything was well prepared, and for the location, really affordable. Excellent service, great food, friendly servers, icy cold beer. The perfect oasis of comforting pub food in a touristy culinary desert.

1  Thank Lilija
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My parents, sister, her husband, their 10 year old daughter, my daughter and I have been going to Tucker's for the last few summers during our Wildwood vacations. We always enjoy the food and this past week was no exception. We ordered 3 appetizers (mozzarella sticks, bacon wrapped scallops and onion rings). The two men ordered Chili as well and my Mom and sister had the Crab Asparagus soup which they absolutely love. My niece also ordered a Caesar salad which was good but I should note there was bacon and a hardboiled egg on there in case anyone didn't wish to have that on their salad. For meals my sister and I ordered two meals to split (Fish and Chips and the Kelly's grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and provolone cheese). We were so full we each only took one bite of the fish but we devoured the sandwich because the chicken was sooo moist. (On a side note our hotel had a microwave so we did reheat the fish for lunch the next day, lol). My Dad ordered a burger, my Mom had the pot roast (she loved it), I can't remember what my BIL had but I know he ate it all, lol, and my niece had chicken fingers which she barely ate after the appetizers and salad. We had a few "doggie bags" on the way home. It was a great meal and we had great service!

Reviewed August 25, 2011

The asparagus crab soup will have me coming back. The Nachos were plentiful. The kids ate everything served. Our server was pleasant and attentive. The bartender charming. The young Irish lad even had an accent. What's not to like? Will be coming back.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

What a delightful place my family and I came upon during our most recent trip to Wildwood. How we never came here before is beyond me, but this will be a staple in our vacations for years to come. It's in an old bank so the building is perfect for the Irish pub theme. The service was excellant - our server was Kelly - and we just think she could teach a thing or two to the servers here in CT. She remembered us from days earlier (even down to the drinks we ordered). The food is plentiful and tasty. Don't let the word pub fooled you into thinking this isn't kid friendly because it is. A wonderful place to eat and have a good meal and even a drink. Go and enjoy.

1  Thank gammaNewington