“Only bar open late”

The Deck at Holly Beach
Ranked #88 of 166 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

First experience in there and the girl bartender was rude, acted as though we were an inconvenience to her. She set our drinks down and without saying thank you or anything, she says "and just so you know, we're done after this" with an attitude, and walked away. The bar upstairs wasn't as bad but thought it was very unsafe to let a bunch of drunk girls dance on the bar. One of them even tried stripping. Was fun, but if there would have been more options for bars open thAt late I would go somewhere else.

1  Thank Apie4
There are newer reviews for The Deck at Holly Beach

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed drinks and appetizers here on our first visit to this establishment. Nothing outstanding but no complaints either. Prices were fair, service friendly, appetizers tasty but nothing exceptional. I would try it again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have worked in the bartending and serving industry for at least five years, I have never witnessed such horrendous service. I was never carded, nor was anyone else that I witnessed. The one female bartender was talking to me with an attitude and I felt like I was an annoyance to them. She placed my bottles down and walked away, never said thank you or appreciated our sale, little did she know that I am a very good tipper, due to the fact that I have been in this industry for years. Afterward, she did not know any shots to suggest, nor was she knowledgable. Finally, I watched her serve four expensive shots of Patron, one which was poured into a dirty cup which once had a shot of fireball in it before (GROSS). Hopefully it was used by the same girl that ordered that shot. This bartender is an embarrassment to the amount of experienced and customer friendly bartenders on the island. To top it off, she told the customer that ordered the five shots of patron to make sure to clean up and throw away all their trash, after also saying she couldn't serve them at 2am, but happily served other customers afterward. This is a very nice establishment and I would have enjoyed myself much more if the end of my night didn't make me feel like an annoyance or burden, also made me feel like a horrible person for asking for napkins when a drink got knocked over on me. I will never be back and make sure people I serve at my work or anywhere else wont bring their service here.

2  Thank Mpetruz1
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Group of 14 were able to get a reservation easily, but the inside dining area is small. Upon arrival my menu had a hair on it. EEWWW!! Stuff happens, so even though I was grossed out, I moved on.
The restaurant serves primarily bar food. I had the corn fritters, which were the BEST and a very tasty pear salad. Another diner said the ribs were really good and better then the last place we ate at, and she raved about those too. Would have liked to sit on the upstairs deck, but weather was too iffy. Prices were reasonable, food was good. Would come back again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

One of the best places I have been to in a long time. They have upstairs deck seating overlooking the whole area and inside seating downstairs. The downstairs seating has ceiling to floor doors that open up to bring the atmosphere inside to the restaurant. Each area has its own bar, one for the deck seating and one for the inside seating.

The food was great. I had the prime rib dinner and my husband had the Chicken Francaise, Both meals were delicious and the waitress was wonderful and very attentive. They also have live music on Saturday nights and they band we saw was great. I will definitely be back to visit them again!