“Good, but don't get too excited!”

One Fish, Two Fish Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 167 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This place is great for wildwood. But if you are a true foodie I wouldn't get too excited. Yes the food is very fresh which is what they get credit for. However, some items were a bit bland for my taste. The jerk chicken had no kind of spice to it. It was good if you were expecting charcoaled seasoned chicken, but to label it "jerk" is an overstatement. The grouper with a Caribbean rum sauce was very bland with not enough sauce. Yet the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly. I eat a lot of authentic Caribbean cuisine so maybe I'm a bit harder to please. But I just want you to be aware that this is by no means "Caribbean food". One thing that did have a lot of flavor were the mussels but that is because the sauce consisted mostly of hot sauce. Almost made it taste like buffalo wings and I'm not sure if that was good or bad. But I was just happy to taste something with flavor. At our table was also steak which was said to be cooked well but bland and there were also crab cakes which were said to be delicious.

Now the service was interesting. When the waitress was actually around she was great. But the issue here is that there are only 2 waitresses waiting on the entire floor and they are also playing the role of hostess and busboy. We also saw our waitress leave out to go next door and purchase ice while we were still waiting on her to bring out our bread. We had to ask for something twice and ask for the check after she saw we were done eating a while ago.

Because there are such limited choices for good quality food in wildwood, I would eat here again. Plus I love a BYOB. But I hope they step their game up, especially considering the 5 star prices they charge.

Note: very limited kids menu. there is no waiting area, u may get stuck waiting in a parking lot with no seating for 30min

2  Thank seetheworldb4ureyes

Reviewed July 5, 2014

After reading some great reviewes I decided to take my family for dinner last night . The food had either no flavor or bad flavor . I ordered the flounder daily special , it was undercooked and bland so I decided to try my wife's chicken that looked good but tasted horrible . So not worth it

2  Thank Mannydmason
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Great evening and wonderful meals. Come hungry or plan to share a salad. The wedge was yummy but so big!!! Rave reviews from our group of 7 on: crab cakes, grouper special, salmon and strip. Love that it's BYOB. Quaint. Solid meals. Good service. Elected to hit duffers across the street for ice cream after. We will be back- it was a great find this year at the shore and definitely worth a return.

2  Thank HollyEM7
Reviewed July 4, 2014

10 of us visited One fish Two fish last night after glowing recommendations from others. We were not disappointed as often times happens when having high expectations. Ren was fabulous and a lot of fun but the food was excellent. Everyone loved the food and have all agreed that we would return. You really must go........oh and the mussel appetizer is fabulous. So much so that we took the extra sauce home. Sheer genius

2  Thank work2hard11
Reviewed June 27, 2014

If you're in Wildwood, NJ, I would definitely recommend this restaurant! The food is excellent and the service was extraordinary! I had squash soup with crabmeat...delicious! My pan seared grouper...delicious! It was so fresh, cooked and seasoned just right! Take the ferry from Lewes, come up from Cape May, drive down from Philly! Go you won't be sorry!

2  Thank aventuraqueen