“Terrible attitudes don't like children either”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wildwood
Shore Plaza Beach Resort
Ranked #28 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
“Terrible attitudes don't like children either”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was told by the owner they don't want to rent to children or teenagers. So if they say they're all filled up that may be why. The women at the desk (mgmt) is rude and don't know anything about running a business nor does she care for children, babies. .. Nothing!
View is the boardwalk. Only in suites. Maid was very nice. She was great. One elevator. Takes ten minutes to just "run to my room "

Don't waste your money. I'd never give them another dollar.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Skeet1208
rosemary z, Owner at Shore Plaza Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I have been asked about this post, therefore, I find a need to respond. We are family owned and operated. We welcome families with children, the person who made this post was asked to leave for specific reasons, having nothing to do with their children.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Wildwood has its share of seedy hotels. We've stayed in dingy rooms with soggy carpets. My wife always packs her own sheets and assorted deodorizing sprays when we go to the boardwalk. We were so pleasantly surprised by the Shore Plaza. Everything is clean and updated. The owners take obvious pride in maintaining the property in an accommodating, pleasurable manner.

This resort perfectly fits the needs of those who want to enjoy the beach. The hotel is literally on the boardwalk. Your room includes a parking space, so the convenience level is right up there. Free wifi and a pool on the roof add to the desirability.

One thing I couldn't believe is the amount of people tracking sand through the lobby and the hustle and hard work of the staff to keep vacuuming it up.

We've stayed at nicer hotels in other locales. But for Wildwood, this hotel is clean, convenient and well-maintained.

5 Thank ValarMorghuliss
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just got back from Beach Blast weekend with a group of friends. We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in to this beautiful motel. Had a quick and pleasant check-in into a beautiful lobby.. it was very professional. Walked into our room, and was so happy.. first time in many years that we could honestly say that we loved our place. Quick walk to beach, and free parking was included.

The pool area was great, we were able to stay around the pool area until 8. The kids were happy to have free WiFi, and dad was happy that there was free ice! Loved that the kids could go to the boardwalk while we were in such close proximity to them. All in all, I have to say that this was the most pleasurable weekend we've had when it comes to soccer weekend. We ALL will be back!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank _soccermom202_2
Haddonfield, New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the The Shore Plaza Beach Resort with my family. It is in a perfect location. Beach, boardwalk, arcade, and piers are right at your fingertips! The motel is beautiful, and our room was large and spotless!! I was very impressed by the pool deck, which was very clean. The view from the pool deck on the fourth floor was breath taking. The front desk staff was nothing but friendly and helpful! The motel was nice and quiet, as they don't seem to rent to groups of teenagers. The resort is very family oriented, and we loved that there was no smoking anywhere on the premises. We will be back!!

Room Tip: If you're looking to book an ocean front room, call early in the season!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beachlover1234_4
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just returned from an early beach vacation here. A little undecided if we will return.
The Good.....Location is perfect. Right in the middle of everything and on the boardwalk. Parking is free. Free Wifi. Rooftop pool and hottub. Hotel just re opened last year so everything is brand new! Rooms are enormous and had a patio that the girls loved to go out on first thing in the morning. A nice size fridge but didnt have a freezer. Clean! everything was spotless. I met one of the housekeepers in the hallway. I think her name was "Bonnie". She was super friendly and help and did a great job on our room! Key system to the lobby and the rooms are intelli keys. no more swiping to get in. On site laundry facilities. The price compared what you are getting is a steal depending on what time of the season you are staying. Over all a very beautiful place.

Now for the not so good, The is only one elevator that tends to be slow. When you have a infant with a stroller, steps are not an option. There wasn't a microwave in our room. There is one way in and one way out so not matter what time you came in you had to go through the small main lobby sometimes with loud, tired, whiny children. Our biggest complaint was our interaction during check in and random interactions with the staff. If you are anything like me, a persons greeting and interaction are everything thing to me. This is a family owned business that from what i could tell is mostly ran by family so i can understand that sometimes you may not feel well or may be a little over whelmed, but we really didn't feel as though they were happy to have us there a few times. We could hardly get i think her name was Rita to smile and every time we had a question or a need we were given short responses with almost a look of "please don't bother me" Rosemary was very pleasant and helpful most of the time. But towards the end of the trip we started to feel as if we would just figure out what ever we needed to without bothering anyone.

If it hadn't been for the less than stellar staff interactions this would have been an easy 5 star review. But we found ourselves questioning if we would give it another try later this summer.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are beautiful but gets noisy at times because of the boardwalk.
6 Thank jaiere2001
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed at Shore Plaza Beach Resort. I would just like to say that the place is awesome. Clean and comfortable. The view from the ocean side rooms is to die for. My family loved it. The staff is warm friendly and very accommodating. Planning to book for next year. Sincerely Natalie Jones, RN Phila PA

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank porkloaf
Port Vue, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I just arrived home after my week long stay in the Wildwoods. My family and I used to stay in the Shore Plaza for years and then when they experienced tragedy we had to seek accommodations elsewhere, however we are back to the hotel now. I have to say that the hotel is clean, comfortable, close to everything, and most importantly the staff is AWESOME!!!!! We already have our stay scheduled for next year. I think everyday I checked in with the desk staff with questions and requests and never once did I feel as though I was putting them out. Great stay and experience. We can't wait for next year.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms are great if you do not mind the boardwalk noise