“Bar with Average Food”

Cattle 'n Clover Irish Pub and Steak House
Ranked #8 of 168 Restaurants in Wildwood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Spicer Ave.
Description: Cattle 'n Clover, the steakhouse with an Irish Soul has Irish eyes shining at a copious variety of spirits paired with Guinness Book World Record Famous Sheppard's pie, custom blended burgers and hand cut steaks. After your meal, sit back and enjoy a perfect view of our flat screen T.V's from any seat in the house, shoot pool, or play shuffle board! Multiple private dining room's are perfect for an intimate dinner party or an excuse to escape the Irish craic and opt for a more serene experience in our own little piece of the Emerald Aisle. Our Famous Wings are on Special Wednesdays so be sure to check us out!
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband has wanted to eat at Cattle n Clover since he first heard of it in March. We went on a Friday night and were seated right away. That was my first red flag. Second, the place is a very large bar with tables surrounding it and a pool table on one side. This was my second red flag that this was a place to drink and hang out with friends. Not a fine dining establishment as they claim. Third, the food was average and expensive. I ordered the grilled mahi with potato salad and wilted spinach. Which was one of their most expensive entrees on their menu but, it sounded good and healthy. Was I ever disappointed it was served to me in a bowl floating in the sauce that I thought was going to be drizzled over top. Under the fish were a few very small potatoes and a little wet spinach. To make matters worse my fish was not fully cooked. My husband was not impressed with his prime rib it lacked flavor and was over cooked. My daughter ordered Shepard’s pie which was mashed potatoes swimming in brown gravy. My son was the only happy one he ordered a corned beef sandwich which he enjoyed very much. Overall, I would have to suggest ordering bar food like sandwiches and stick to the beer. I ordered a mojito that was too sweet and cost me $9.

1  Thank pdbCapeMayNJ
Jaimie V, Manager at Cattle 'n Clover Irish Pub and Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

Hello,
I'm sorry you felt it was a problem that you were sat right away but we are a brand new restaurant and we are still trying to get out name out there to bring customers in. Besides the main area which does include the bar we also have private and semi-private dining rooms. We do not consider ourselves to be a fine dining establishment, we are a casual irish pub with a heavy steak menu and priced accordingly. I apologize you did not feel you got a good value, we have a daily battle to keep the quality of our food up and the prices low. We bring in fresh seafood daily so again, we do the best we can to keep our prices as low as possible but it is difficult when the price of bringing in fresh quality seafood is so high. We did speak to the chef about the way your sauce was served and this issue has been resolved, so we really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our prime rib is slow cooked and heavily seasoned. If it was overdone that could have taken some of the flavor out and we do apologize for that. If you decide to give us a second chance once are more established please feel free to email me personally at Vince@cattlenclover.com. Thank you again for taking the time to bring your issues to our attention.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A group of friends and I tried out this restaurant while we were in Wildwood for the weekend. It was great! The staff was very friendly and 'Irish' with their kilts as uniforms. The mozzarella sticks were a definite must have!! I got the steak and chips which were cooked to perfection and the steak sauce was a perfect compliment. We had a great time and are looking forward to going back!!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Food was really good. They had some different items. Not the same old irish burger joint. Lucky for us it wash,t very crowded. We were seated right away and had great service the entire meal.They had plenty of things to do if you want to stay for a couple of drinks. Two pool tables,ping pong,scuffle board and plenty of televisions. This resturaunt must be new, otherwise it would have been packed to the gills.Try the corn beef spring rolls they were excellent. The fries are also very good. I had the fish and chips and my wife had the steak and fries. My daughter had the crab cake. Every meal was cooked properly and had original flavors. I would recommend this to resturaunt to anyone looking for a good meal in wildwood.

1  Thank Scott A
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Cattle 'n Clover is hands down my favorite Irish bar in Wildwood! The food is very fresh and is a gourmet spin on the typical Irish bar food. The staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable, there is a great draft beer selection, and the restaurant offers great drink specials every night of the week. This brand new restaurant has a great bar area, a spacious indoor and outdoor dining, and even ping pong tables. Cattle 'n Clover is a great place to drink, grab a delicious bite to eat, and hang out with friends and family. I highly recommend!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

When you are standing outside of the building at Cattle & Clover, and the bartender smiles from inside and gives you an inviting THUMBS UP, there really is no avoiding eating here. We were greeted and seated quickly. Our server, Sarah, informed us immidiately, of any items the restaurant was out of, as it was later in the evening. After that, she informed us that EVERYTHING on the menu was excellent, and she was not kidding. They were out of their HOUSE STEAK! After reading the description of this steak, I knew I HAD TO HAVE IT which is one of many reasons I will be dining at Cattle & Clover two nights in a row, while on vacation... Something I NEVER do. I like variety, but the way we were treated here, was just shy of amazing. The owner, John Shephard, visited our table quite a few times. First to check if we were pleased, then just to have pleasent conversation regarding the GUINESS BOOK Shephard's Pie, and the basic run through of his ideas for this very special restaurant. If you have NOT eaten here, you should. Also, John makes a KILLER COFFE ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE MARTINI!!!!! Thanks for the AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!