“STAY AWAY! LYE TO GET YOU THERE!”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #63 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Whitehall, Pennsylvania, United States
“STAY AWAY! LYE TO GET YOU THERE!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was promised 2 bedrooms both wheel chair accessible on the 1st floor that sleep total 11 people. When we got there they tried to give us 2 2 bedroom rooms on the second floor both with 2 full beds. I explained I needed a wheel chair accessible room. The clerk told me to carry woman up the steps. I explained I could not. SO they gave me 1 room on the 1 st floor which the wheel chair could not fit thru the door let alone to the bathroom and it had 1 full bed for 4 people. I tried calling the owner repeatedly with no answer. I called the company I booked thru and was on hold with them for over a hour and a half. The clerk told me to give him the keys back and left us stranded at 1 am with no where go.
I would not go there. I now am fighting to get my money back.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Wendy_J0
shobra, Guest Relations Manager at Sea Foam Motel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
It is very saddening to hear about your experience during your recent visit. We apologize for the unlikely behavior of our staff and the inconvenience of not getting the room that you needed. We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope you give us a chance to make things right should you decide to see us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and have been staying at the Seafoam Motel for the last 10 years or so. The motel is great. The rooms are very clean and spacious. There is a Rite Aid across the street that you can purchase almost anything you need. There are restaurants all along Atlantic Avenue and Pacific Avenue within walking distance.. The boardwalk is one and one half blocks from the motel. We park our car and do not take it out until we leave. We usually stay about 4 days. The owner is a very nice person and very helpful. We definitely recommend this motel.
Mike and Donna (Diana)

Room Tip: We highly recommend this motel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Donna C
Thank you very much for being a loyal customer for the past 10 years. Your positive feedback is truly inspiring and encourages us to continuously seek our customer’s satisfaction. Rest assured that we will continuously strive to ensure that our future guests will have the same pleasant experience like yours. Mike and Donna, we value your business and we are certainly looking forward to your next stay.
NY
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I and my brother and his wife and friends spent 4 days this past weekend at the Sea Foam Motel as we have for the past 10 years. Our rooms were exceptionally clean and the beds were great. Housekeeping made up our rooms every day and we watched them do it twice. No sign of bed bugs or anything dangerous. After reading other reviews I felt I should defend the Sea Foam a little. I've been vacationing in Wildwood for 59 years and some of the motels are as old as I am. It is a little dated, but most are in the Wildwoods. I don't know of many 3 floor motels with an elevator and lack of a heated pool is not an issue for us as we come for the beach. Yes it doesn't have an exercise room or a sauna either, big deal. As far as the ocean being a long way from the hotel I can assure you that wasn't the case when it was built but hopefully people realize that all motels in Wildwood are far from the ocean and won't write a bad review over it. It's not the Ritz-Carlton but if you can find a better stay cheaper then go there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
We are happy to continuously serve you for the past 10 years! Your loyalty to our property encourages us more to provide the same superior services you enjoy every time you visit us. Our staffs are always happy to welcome you with clean and fresh accommodations and excellent services for a great value stay. We are excited to see you again soon!
SE NH
Reviewed September 18, 2013

RE Basic, no frills . . . perhaps a bit marginal...BUT satisfied...other alternatives were $$$$$!!!!

My daughter and I were traveling south Jersey and Philadelphia. I wanted to stay in Wildwood where I remembered how appealing the place was decades ago. We found Wildwood Beach and boardwalk a delight! The Sea Foam was only a block away from the beach. We stayed August 25/26 2013. We made our reservation minutes before we checked in. The receptionist was personable and check-in/out was a breeze. The room we had was pretty much a throw-back from the 50's/60's. The place could probably use some upgrading BUT it was clean..and again..a GREAT LOCATION. After swimming in the ocean (love the ocean and Wildwood beach), we thought we would jump in the pool. Sorry to say there was sort of a scum on the surface...the pool probably needed to be emptied and re-filled after a summer. However what were/are the alternatives? Hotels in Wildwood..even the outskirts are pricey...really pricey... so relative to that, we were very much satisfied with our stay... J&K P

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Our hotel appreciates the efforts of our guests in sharing their thoughts and experience regarding their stay with us. Your valuable feedback aids us in enhancing the areas that need improvement and gear towards total customer satisfaction. Rest assured that your input will help us to create not only great value stays but also establish accommodations that provide comfort and satisfaction at its finest. Thank you very much for your business. We are looking forward to see you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I just stayed at the sea foam motel from monday til today and paid $500 for 4 adults to stay here, because i booked my room from a third party site I wasnt able to choose my child as well so i was prepared to have her sleep on the floor. My first night there my husband asked the manager if we could have a mattress or cot because there was ants crawling on the floor so I did not want her sleeping on the bare floor with just a blanket his son had no problem giving us a pillow and mattress for her the second night I went into the office asking for an extra blanket because my mother was cold and the manager mohammad got snotty with me because i didnt pay for my child who was only 3 years old and assumed that the blanket was for her and not my mom. As someone else mentioned in their review the grills are disgusting and need to be cleaned. Also they supposably have a heated pool which is not true!! today while checking out my husband wanted to inform the manager how the housekeepers always came whenever they wanted and only cleaned our room once the whole time we were there the manager didnt want to hear anything my husband had to say and told him to shut up or he will call the cops. only good thing to say was the location to the boardwalk and beach was very good

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We are deeply saddened to hear what you experienced during your stay with us. Our aim is to ensure that every guest is happy when they leave our property and we are saddened that we failed to achieve that during your stay. Please be assured that your insight regarding your experience will be handled accordingly. We hope for another chance to correct our shortcomings and serve you much better in the future should you decide to see again.

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ok, so some friends and I found this place at a bargain and have learned the hard way that you get what you pay for. We stayed in the "big house" as it was called which barely suited our needs. There was a hole in the shower, not in the bottom where a drain goes, but in the wall. We opened the fridge to stock our snacks in the fridge and we found, what looked like, remnants of vomit in the ice maker. If this place was cleaned it was barely so. Not to mention that we were told about a pull out couch that DIDN'T PULL OUT! We took the cushions off and saw that the mattress in the pullout still had the original plastic wrapping on it. Plus the other rooms could barely suit the adults we had staying there. Bunk beds and a queen bed jammed into a college dorm is the best way to describe it. Also, the front steps to the big house are covered in ceramic tile. Our friend actually slipped, fell and scraped up her back pretty bad. When you have elements like water and sand right in your backyard, that's not such a bright idea.

That being said, staff is very nice and very accommodating. The grills in the back yard came in handy, but, yet again, needed a good scrubbing. My suggestion, spend the extra 25 bucks a night and enjoy one of the other fine hotels that Wildwood has to offer.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for bringing to our attention your comments and experiences regarding your stay with us. We are saddened that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness and upkeep of our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that the details you’ve mentioned will be shared with our management and staff. We hope to create better stays for our future guests and your valuable feedback will help us in achieving that. Please advise us of your next trip. Rest assured that we will do our best to correct our shortcomings by providing you with a much better stay on your next visit.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I understood when I made the reservation that this was going to be very basic accommodation. It was for one night - we were arriving late and leaving early. But, really? for my $150 what I didn't anticipate was a shower curtain GROWING with mold. The vanity was detached from the wall (I was scared it was going to fall on someone) the fixtures in the tub/shower were detached and moldy. The toilet rocked back and forth. The beds were hard as rocks, the pillows were awful. Teeny tiny towels. The air conditioner leaked and must have been moldy too, because when we turned it on (it was a window-style unit in the wall) it smelled awful.

I will say that the floors, bedding and furniture were clean and dusted.

oh, and the fridge didn't work.

The staff were disinterested - not unfriendly, but certainly not welcoming.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else?
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna L
We sincerely apologize for the unlikely stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. Please be assured that your feedback regarding cleanliness will be seriously taken. Your input will be evaluated and immediate action will be taken. We will again advise our staff to maintain the cleanliness of our rooms and property. We want you to enjoy the best quality of accommodations and services for the value you paid for. We sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to make things right by serving you with much better services should you decide to see us again in the future.