“Wasn't the worst but definitely not the best.”
Review of Sea Foam Motel

Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have no complaints about the front desk. I asked for an extra key, he gave it to me. I asked for the WiFi code, not one problem. Now my issues... I'm going to start with the pool... It needs a serious update. There are chips of paint coming off, it also was NOT heated.. I also had a hard time getting into the "Kiddy Pool" with my 4 month old since I had to take a good step down n was afraid to slip. Now the rooms.... I will say the room was clean but does need to be updated. I wasn't pleased at the fact there was Tiles missing in the shower, the knob was also broken. I had to use a knife to turn it on. There was writing on the wall next to the front of the door. Looks like housekeeping did try to get it off but didn't try hard enough. One of my biggest issues was that there was Ants on my nightstand & on the side of my bed!!!!!!! Wasn't happy about this at all ecspecially once I found one on my daughter's pack n play.. I seen people say about their housekeeping.. they do need training. I asked for more washcloths and I never received them. They never even came in to empty my trash. I wish I could say "You get what you pay for" but I can't since it was a bit pricey for what I received

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank missz_fox

Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we first checked in they gave us our room key and we walked into someone else's room!! There was luggage and clothes already in this room! We had to go back down to the office and return our key and get another room. Totally unorganized and unsafe. The entire stay i was scared they were going to give someone else our room key. They weren't even apologetic to us and acted like this kinda thing happened all the time. Then we walked into our room.. Tile floors.. Greasy, sandy, dirty. Had to wear my flip flops the entire time. We didn't have real windows. They were shutter windows.. Which I'm sure is a fire violation because we could not get out of them if we needed to. And we could hear everything because these "windows" had gaps and you could see right in our room! We had to use a pillow case to cover our windows. No curtain. Also we found our fire detector in our dresser without batteries in it.. Horrible. Anyway the beds were tiny rolling beds on tile floor. The tv was attached to the ceiling like a doctors office. The sink and toilet were not attached to the wall or floor. If you have children do not take them here...The sink was not attached to the wall. The towels and bedding looked so dirty i had to go out to the boardwalk and buy my own bath towel and blanket to sleep with. The pillow cases had holes in them. Literally the only good thing about this place was location, air conditioning unit, and running water. I will never return here. When you check into the office theres a huge sign that says "NO REFUNDS".. That should of been our first hint. Please google reviews before staying here. After looking at them with people having to call the police on this place.. It seems my trip went well. This place is a dump. Total senior week place for people who trash hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Cristiers
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The good things: The room was clean especially the bathroom. The shower water was very hot. Beds where comfortable pillows good. I was not happy that there was profanity written in pen on the back of the outside door and the inside of the bathroom door. This should have been removed.
Outside Window and bathroom mirror where smeared and not properly cleaned
Microwave was up on a high shelf, dangerous for a person under 5 foot which is ME!.
Housekeeping needs better training on repleanishing towels, cups and soaps.
But when requested towels where given. Guests should not have to ask for towels that should be housekeepings job to replenish daily. Wifi is advertised but no one gave me the code when i checked in. Again you have to ask for it. Guests should not have to ask for services you advertise as part of the room ammeities. These minor things can be fixed with a little attention to the details, Overall the stay was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We arrived first weekend in May 2013. It was freezing. Motel had windows open and rooms were very cold. Small space heater on wall for 2 BR Apt unit. Asked manager for extra blankets, as none in room but very thin bedspread, with large tears on them. Manager informed me he just remodeled rooms and spent over $10,000. Said i was a snob and should be staying at Hilton instead. Motel advertised as having free Wifi, but there was no signal unless you sat outside your room on patio. Also advertised open heated pool, but pool closed and not heated.
After remarks from manager and no success with blankets, inquired about canceling our resv for 2nd night. Manager laughed and told me no refunds for any reason. I had 2 children with me, plus I was 8 months pregnant. Manager very rude and hostile when confronted.
Spoke to Expedia who advised us to check out and call them back. Then, after 2 hours talking with multiple operators, finally spoke to customer service rep who refunded us fully.
Would never recommend this place to my worst enemy!!!

Expedia customer service reps tried to be helpful but hard to follow when they keep bumping you from operator to operator. 2 hrs sitting in a Mc Donalds on cell when you're supposed to be starting vacation, not my idea of a good time!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank ptadawn
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My family and I came to Sea Foam Motel to relax, and enjoy the beach, but this motel is terrible. The owner is so rude, he used inappropriate language to me and in front of my kids. The rooms are dirty and really cold. The main thing was the owner. He is so rude. He told me if I brought my friends inside my room he would kick my family out of the motel and call the cops, which I didn't understand. I just never had a motel owner that rude. Please, don't waste your money, stay somewhere else. The only good thing is, its close to the beach and the boardwalk.

Room Tip: don't stay here, really do your research before picking a motel or a hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank jon j
Reviewed December 24, 2012

It'a hard to believe that me and some others here are talking about the same motel. My wife and I have been staying at the Sea Foam for many years, and have always been pleasantly greeted by the owner and all staff. Sure the building is old, but the rooms are nice and always clean. We never saw any bugs when staying in the rooms above the office. There are new marble tile floors and rear windows for 2012. The location so close to the boardwalk and beach, coupled with the very reasonable prices for Wildwood makes Sea Foam a very good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We booked the hotel for a 3 night stay by internet and we were already discouraged at our arriving. There was only one key for the room, no sheet for the sofabed and no dishes. There were ants all over the kitchen....ewwww! The owner of the hotel was extremely rude with us. It took everything to have dishes and towels. He also said that canadian people were demanding a lot only because we asked for dishes and things to wash them. My father traveled for over 30 years and every motel with a kitchen are supposed to be equip correctly. NEVER GO THERE! IT IS HORRIBLE!!!! THE WORST MOTEL IN WILDWOOD!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family