“Families beware” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Foam Motel

Sea Foam Motel
Ranked #63 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I called to try to reserve a room and the worker who answered was very rude and hung up on me. I tried calling back and nobody would answer. I'm so glad I didn't end up finding a room after reading these other reviews!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ash D
Sayreville, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was one of the cheaper if not cheapest motels in the area, 2 blocks from the wildwood boardwalk. That being said the room definately had ISSUE'S , to say the least. The floor was tiled throughout and gave a feel like a hospitals floor. The tile also tended to have a "wet" feel to it all day and night, this was due to condensation from humidity and air conditioning. There also was ants crawling on the floor and in and on top of the furniture. The bed spread had a feel of being dirty and grimey so my wife and i quickly tossed them above on the closet shelf. None of us had the "nerve" to sleep under the remaining sheet, only on top of it. The bathroom did appear to be somewhat clean and sterile, but was nothing to brag about. Finally the parking was horrible as there are not enough spaces for all the cars. You can actually possibly expect a 11 at night knock on the door to "move" your car, even though you parked in a legitimate spot provided by the motel.If you are on a very tight budget then MAYBE stay here. Otherwise shop around and check the reviews. Oh and btw the check in office smelled like the strongest "curry" air freshener was used in bulk, yuuuuck!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Joanne S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed there last weekend and it was nasty. Besides the fact that the motel is in a major need of repair, the bathroom was covered in holes where you can see bugs crawling out. Most hotels we have stayed at usually will have a book that has all the local eateries and points of interest, plus a list of prices if your choose to purchase a towel or picture from the room. This motel decided to right prices on all the pictures with a sharpie...lol. Upon inspection of the beds, there were fingerprints, either made with makeup or something else...ewwww, on the headboard. The manager, probably the owner of the establishment as well, was not friendly and didn't seem to care when these issues were brought to his attention. Last but not least, the parking was horrible. Cars have to be parked practically on top of each other to the point that no one can get into their cars. If you don't want a dent In your car, then don't go there!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adam B

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Burlington, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

BED BUGS! I woke up to something crawling into my hair! I picked it out and it was a bed bug. I saw two more when I flip the light switch on. Do I need to say more?
Additonally, the room was reserved by myself, under my credit card. When I arrived, I found that the manager insisted that a male family member who arrived first sign the credit card bill. He greeted me with disdain, didn't tell me what room I was in, had given away the ONE key for our "two bedroom apartment", and given away the ONE parking space. The room, which was supposed to have 4 single beds in two rooms was one bed in each room, shear curtain stapled to the window frame with a neon light that shown in the room all night, bathroom door that dragged on the floor, dirty, mildew, on roll of toilet paper... If it's the last motel room available and you have a choice to stay there or go home and forego your vacation, go home! I wish I had.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank 2LovesToTravel2
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Our experience in choosing a place to stay has to do with several things.
Because we expected to be away from the Motel most of the day while enjoying the beach, which is only one and a half blocks away, we chose the Sea Foam for the price and location. Basically as place to put my head at night it fulfills that reason.Another GREAT thing about the Sea Foam is that we parked our car once and were able to get to just about anywhere by walking. The beach, the boards, places to eat, and a nice area for walking and exercising. We loved the location of the balcony as our trip turned out to be with wonderful, unhumid sunny weather so being outside of our room at the table and chairs for each room, as the sun set and things cooled down was relaxing. The room had marble floors, tiled floor in the bathroom, clean shower/tub, sink, toilet, microwave and a decent size refridgerator for keeping our snacks and beverages cold. EVEN had ice tray in the freezer! The employees were friendly and willing to go up and above for any thing we needed. The owner himself checked with us and our room to be sure that things were as we expected and was also helpful and quite willing to go out of his way to make us comfortable. We would book this Motel again. If you really love the shore it doesn't matter where you rest your head. The Sea Foam gets our vote for relaxation and excellent location, great service and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Upper floor was great for "rubber necking" while relaxing after a full day at the beach. T...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Hammonton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

My sister booked 2 rooms at the Sea Foam for a group of us to use. At the last minute she was told she would have only 1 room. The room had fire hazards everywhere! Uncovered electric outlets were the norm, and in the bedroom there was an extention cord running under the bed, being crushed by it! My husband tried to do what he could to make things safer, and when someone from the office came to the room, he commented that he didn't want to work on anything there because it was "too dangerous"!!! Many things in the room didn't work, also. The refridgerator was warm inside, although the freezer was at least the temperature of most refridgerators. The cable on the tv also did not work at all. My nephews kept asking the office for help with that, but didn't get anywhere. There were bugs crawling on the kitchen counter, but there weren't many dishes anyway. The light in the hallway was hanging from the ceiling, so it was dark as you entered. I could go on and on about everything that was wrong here, but suffice it to say I'm glad my husband and I went home at the end of the day instead of trying to sleep here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family