The StarLux Hotel & Suites
Dolphin Inn(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$93
$73
Great 4.5/5
Sea Gull Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$72
$89
Great 4.5/5
Riviera Resort & Suites(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$66
Great 4.5/5
AA Heart of Wildwood Motels(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$99
Tropicana Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$66
$60
Very Good 4/5
Fountain Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$64
Very Good 4/5
Quebec Motel By-The-Sea(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$79
$68
Great 4.5/5
The Sand Box Motel(Wildwood)(Great Value!)
$91
$79
Great 4.5/5
All reviewslava lampshot tubcontinental breakfaststar luxairstream trailermini golf coursedoo wopacross the streetfree bikesqueen suiteoff seasonbeach chairsmini muffinswildwood signbike rentalsconvention centermorey's piers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a perfect trip! We attended "War at the Shore" recently and stayed at the StarLux. The hotel was immaculate! Cleaner than my own home! It was in walking distance to our venue, the Wildwood Convention Center, and even offered coffee, juice and bagels in the morning, if you wanted to grab something quick on the way to wrestling! We couldn't ask for anything better. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mdkenney97
Reviewed April 21, 2014

It's important to remember that this is not a 5 star property. First off no free breakfast.... That was a let down. Not that they didn't tell me ahead of time. I guess that's seasonal. They aim to please which is why I'm giving 3 stars. Free bikes to use, even put in child seats for babies, free laundry washer and dryer (incl detergent), free parking, as well as parking at sister hotel closer to Morey's Piers and free wifi which is not slow. Establishment is only a block away from the boardwalk. Meals are all within walking distance. Beds are comfortable, pillows, blankets and sheets are clean. Towels are surprisingly thick. Rooms are large. I stayed in a suite with 2 queens and a pullout couch. There was a huge refrigerator, dishes, dish detergent and silverware, etc. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Here's my gripe. In such a great establishment, why don't they put in money to fix this place up? Fixtures falling apart. Shower head falling off the wall, as was the toilet paper holder (in fact my toilet paper slid off multiple times onto the floor while I was using it because it was facing down.). There were multiple holes in the wall above that which showed that repair was attempted. Shoddy paint job and repairs were seen in the rooms and everywhere else. No blackout curtains. Unless you're super tired don't even try to take a nap in the bright sunshine or sleep past dawn. Water pressure was super low and coverage was low. I had to keep turning my body for both of my shoulders to be warm (never had to do that in other hotels). Plenty of hot water though. And then there's the outdoor pool. It wasn't filled when we arrived. Too cold to use anyway. They began to fill in water our second day there. I was very surprised and disgusted to see that there was brown gunk on the side of the pool and many dried leaves on the bottom that they didn't clean first before they started filling it in. Honesty are there no standards in cleaning here? The hot tub was constantly being used by adults and children night and day. The water was not clear. I hate to think what kind of bacteria lurks in that cesspool.

So while I enjoyed all the perks and the price was low for my stay, there are far many other places to choose from that place pride, love and care into their establishment than this one.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kaitycat
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in a great location close to the boardwalk and the beach. Management is great and they were very helpful nj giving free coupons and stuff for the boardwalk. Free breakfast every morning such as bagels, cereal and Danish. Pool was nice and the guest. The only complains were the beds were not to comfy.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Gzuza
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly, helpful and knowledgable.
The rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable which is unusual to me. Most hotels have uncomfortable beds. The bedding itself was quality material.
The only issue I had was parking. But after the first night, iwas able to park in front of the hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel with its retro theme.

Room Tip: Jacquie was really helpful with the room selection , but I am positive that the other staff members would do the same.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We really liked our stay & would recommend to all..good location & very friendly staff..value for money..definitely a place to stay during the summer...front office was so friendly and helpful to guide us

• Stayed: March 2014