“Retro kitschy Fun. Oh those Wildwood Days.”

The StarLux Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Where do I begin......? Cocoa and I get around this country alot but hands down, the StarLux is one of those most cool places we've ever been. We were in Wildwood for the 50's Doo Wop weekend so imagine how cool it was to stay in a vintage 50's Airstream complete with fake Palm Trees and retro patio lights. We were very impressed at the condition of the Airstream given it was an authentic trailer going on 50+ years old. Having Airstreams for room options is one of the coolest ideas we have ever seen. The StarLux had a very cool sitting room with a fireplace that was great for those chilly October evenings. It was too cold to use the pool and hot tub area but it looked amazing. We also took a peak in one of the regular rooms for future planning and they were as cool as everything else at The StarLux. Everything about The StarLux screamed 50's retro and they did it very well. Most importantly though; all the people who worked there were extremely nice and very pleasant. We cannot wait to get back to Wildwood and stay at the StarLux.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IcedTeanCocoa

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I like mid-century modern design and we decided to stay at the Star Lux (in a room with a kitchenette) for a 12th wedding anniversary weekend. The mid-century modern design motif is carried all the way through the hotel - from the marquis to the decorations and the furniture all the way to the dishware!
The room was clean and bright, the service excellent and the staff friendly, cheerful, attentive and helpful. They have complimentary bikes for guests' use. The hotel is very conveniently located right off the Wildwood boardwalk just below the convention center. There are lots of nearby diners and restaurants.
If you want to go into Cape May, it is just a 12 minute car ride.
We'll definitely go here again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side give you a full ocean view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Hello again!!!
Well, another fantastic off-season weekend at the StarLux. I'm especially excited to write about this trip since I had a suite that was NEW to me! We were on the 4th floor... the "new" floor added to the Wingate... I simply LOVED this room! It seemed more spacious (or maybe it was just me! ha)... As usual, it was super clean and cozy... loved the square window cutouts in the walls, in the bedroom and living room... and the nicest, largest bathroom YET during my 'Lux stays! Totally wonderful. This time, I REALLY didnt want to leave! Making it even better was the company of great friends, and doing some Cape May wineries Saturday and Sunday. So thank you StarLux staff and management (you know how you are, wink!) for making it ANOTHER memorable, relaxing, super fun weekend!!! I even put my feet in the hot tub! Fantastic. I already cant wait to be back at my favorite place to stay in Wildwood. Period. THE STARLUX DOES IT AGAIN!

Room Tip: Do it all, any of it... anytime – you'll have a blast REGARDLESS!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I enjoyed a comfortable stay at the StarLux. Jacqui, the reservationist, made my visit extra special. She was personable and accommodating. She made me feel welcome from the moment I walked into the hotel until my very last day, asking on a couple of occasions if everything was good while checking that we were satisfied. I hope to return to the StarLux during the beach season.

Thank you!
Donna Como

Room Tip: Suites offer additional needed space.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ddctravel2013
Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a fun hotel. Festive style inside and out. The staff went above and beyond to assist me. Clean rooms and facility. The common room by the pool was a great place to sit with family. Lots of tables by the pool. Worth every penny. Great location to beaches and fun but quiet in rooms. Thank you so much for providing great vacation!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sally B
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I had originally reserved an Airstream trailer for our weekend. They called that morning to inform us that the trailer had an issue. While slightly disappointed they upgraded us to a wonderful 2 bedroom suite! The staff was very friendly and helpful! We will definitely go back when in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

For 30 years my family has searched for a reasonably priced place to stay for long weekends, specifically over Labor Day. I think after years of staying in a bunch of sub par places we've finally found a home for weekend getaways to Wildwood. The accommodations were everything we hoped for - it was very clean and all the staff was extremely helpful and professional.

Above and beyond normal accommodations, they allowed you to borrow beach chairs and bikes. They gave you coupons at check in for restaurants and stores owned by the Morey's and we used every last one.

It was an absolutely wonderful experience and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family