“Staying in the Airstream”

The StarLux Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
East Orange, New Jersey
“Staying in the Airstream”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My daughter and I were very excited about staying here. Since no one wanted to go camping this is the next best thing. First the camper is so damn cute. The whole set up you have your own grill and fake green grass area,outside lights around the whole area like a real trailer park.Inside the camper everthing is close quarters. My daughter had the room in the back of the airstream I had the front bed area. I enjoyed it. The only bad thing is Wi FI is little or none at all so we had to keep going outside to catch a signal. Television would change in my area when the neighbors at the next door hotel would change their tv. Weird right. And at times when I would change my tv the tv in my daughters room will change. Everything had a retro theme.The place really didnt get dark because of those windows on the top of the camper and the outside lights.It was the Roar of the Shore Event. Great motorcycles all day and night for 3 days. Housekeeping came so early we were still there and had to tell her each day to come back. Half cleaned the room. The hotel was across the street my daughter and I enjoyed the immenities there also. All in all I would recommend but not for a family of 4 maybe 2. This place is great and different. Next time will stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Try the Airstream Trailer if you are looking for something different.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Freehold
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Starlux is an immaculate, comfortable, family friendly hotel in the perfect location. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and loved it. Great little kitchen, wonderful view of the Wildwood letters, and even the pull out couch was super comfortable! The kids ages 6-16 loved every minute especially riding the hotels bikes on the boardwalk every morning! Can't say enough good about the Starlux, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
pa
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I'm usually not fond of going to the eastern shores due to the lack of higher end hotels, but the Starlux was suitable for our needs. The hotel was very clean. Bed linens were nice and comfortable. The room was modern and the amenities were perfect. They offered continental breakfast, beach chairs and toys, bikes, and so much more. Starlux is great for families. My children really enjoyed the pool, hot tub, game room and even the sofa bed. The rooms have a nice size refrigerator & microwave which is always nice when traveling with kids.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. But the General Manager was awesome. We originally were staying at their sister property the Blue Palms, but it was taken over by the bikers since we were there during bike week. The GM considerably asked if we were there for bike week even though it was obvious we were not and then suggested that we move over to Starlux since it was not in the heart of the bike week festivities. We were so glad and felt so much more comfortable at the Starlux. It was evident they had pushed all the families there so it made our stay much better.

Now I know a place I can return to in Wildwood and know I will be happy with my stay. Great job Starlux.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank seetheworldb4ureyes
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I loved my stay at the StarLux Hotel and the staff were superb. The StarLux is a beautiful Hotel. The staff were friendly, kind, courteous and so very accommodating. They made us feel right at home. Their warm inviting smiles went a long way with me and their customer service was impeccable.

Thank you for your superb hospitality. I plan on returning to the StarLux Hotel in the near future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Salsadancer5231
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We bought this deal through Travel Zoo and what a bargain! We had a King suite which included a bedroom, living room with pull out sofa, balcony, bathroom and kitchenette. The kitchenette has a counter with 2 stools and an apartment size refrigerator, plates, silverware etc. Nice size pool and hot tub. Beach toys and bikes to use at no extra charge. Nothing fancy. Old motel rehabbed and restored to a nice reto theme. Check out the website. A lot of cool little amenities.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Wildmanjc
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed in the queen-bed cottage room, and I would definitely give it 3 stars. There was no bathroom door, and no nightstands or tables (so nowhere to put anything). If they added a bathroom door and a small table with a chair, the room would have definitely been awesome.

That being said, the service at this motel was very friendly and accommodating. They have DVDs, chairs, and umbrellas to borrow, and the staff even let us store some fudge in the staff fridge after we checked out, while we were at the beach. The pool was very clean, and the rooms came with a lava lamp (although with almost no space for it on the dresser and a burnt out lightbulb).

So. Basically. Avoid room 512 in the cottage and you'll have a good stay.

Room Tip: Room 512 (in the cottage) does not have a bathroom door, nor any table/nightstand-space whatsoever.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingYarn
Parlin, NJ
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have found the most amazing hotel to stay in while experiencing the fun at Wildwood Beach, NJ. The Starlux Hotel has everything that you need to make your stay absolutely perfect! The rooms are clean and well stocked. The theme of the hotel is Retro which only adds to it's "coolness". The staff go above and beyond to do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and homey. Their location is directly across the street from the famed "Wildwood" sign with the big beach balls and your access to the boardwalk and beach is right there. We have stayed at The Starlux three summers in a row and we encourage anyone that has not given it a try to treat yourself to the best hotel in Wildwood! We have adults, teens and young children with us and everyone always has a great time. See you next summer Starlux!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Laurieespo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Icona Diamond Beach
#3 of 76 in Wildwood
Quebec Motel By-The-Sea
Quebec Motel By-The-Sea
#2 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to The StarLux Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!