“Classiest Italian Restaurant in the Wildwoods”
Review of Io E Tu Restaurant

Io E Tu Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 167 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went during Restaurant week, so they did not have full menu - but we ate family style and one plate was better than the next. They start with marinated carrots and bread - but excellent. Service was great, place was clean, BYOB. My wife rates an Italian Restaurant by their gnochi was was excellent. Cannolli and Chocalate Cake to die for, next time will try cheesecake and their restaurant in Philly. They Close in October.

1  Thank kenzahl

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had dinner here tonight (family of 4) and we all enjoyed our meals. My daughter enjoyed the children's cheese ravioli, the gnocchi were as light as pillows, and the portobello mushroom in a blush sauce with crabmeat was large enough to be an entree and was delicious. Service was good and atmosphere is pleasant. Highlight of the meal was dessert so save room: homemade gelati (our favorties were pistachio and hazlenut), the best and lightest ricotta cheesecake we have had anywhere, and the crunchiest, freshest, creamiest cannolli ever!
Can't wait to go back. It's BYO, and they accept credit cards and take reservations.

1  Thank Familyfr0mPhilly
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Clean, Pretty restaurant, with good service. The 5 dishes we had, were nothing special. We had the eggplant rollatini, which had so much gravy on it, couldn't taste the eggplant. Ordered one the specials, which was supposed to be a lamb dish. Veal was brought to me, since i already ate some of it before i realized it wasn't the lamb that i ordered. They charged me for the veal not the lamb? I personally felt i should have been asked if i wanted the dish that i ordered. No reason to return. Nothing special out of the ordinary.

1  Thank SueFerdinando
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We visited on a friday night with reservations for 4 at 6:30 with our 2 young kids and when we walked in, the restaurant was empty. The staff was friendly, especially our waitress. Everything was going great until we requested to have our gravy (sauce) on the side for our chicken and veal parmigiana (because we like it crispy and not swimming in gravy) The waitress came back and said, " he can't do that, he can do light sauce on it." So we said ok that's fine. Well.....when we got our entrees both of them were SWIMMING in a ton of gravy as if he did it on purpose! Now... I can make a "mean" chicken parm. and I know what light gravy means! Mabye someone needs to teach him. Thank God the gravy was excellent! Actually the best in Wildwood, and as good as my homemade gravy. Makes all other italian resaurants in WW look bad! So then I asked for a bowl so my 3 YEAR OLD could eat the spaghetti out of and not make a mess ,and the waitress came back and said "he said there is a sharing charge of $5!!!" Now... I can see some people do take advantage and share everything, but I ordered 2 KIDS ENTREES so where's the sharing??? So now I'm twisted, because this is just too much for me, I never had this much drama at a dinner in my life! We will probably return only because we live in WW in the summer and this is the best italian food here, (coming from an italian family) But just don't ask for any special requests and you'll be fine! Only reason for 4 star is because of the cook's drama. I left there twisted but I do have to give credit where credit is due!

2  Thank AngMarL
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had high expectations when we visited on a Friday night. The staff was attentive and my husband wanted a different cheese on his Saltimbocca but they would not accomodate. So we ordered other veal dishes and they were good.

1  Thank Reanie8