“Spotless! Friendly! Good fun!”
Review of Le Voyageur Motel

and 1 more site!
Le Voyageur Motel
Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
new jersey/new york
“Spotless! Friendly! Good fun!”
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Had to stay in Wildwood for a short business trip with my husband, and booked the La Voyageur as my brother and sister in law just happened to be there for a convention. What luck on our part! This is like a Disney reproduction Jersey Shore Motel from the "60's! Just immaculate! My husband is a contractor and he was stunned to see a '60's period bathroom sink that looked like it just came from the plumbing showroom! Dennis, the owner credits his "bartender's friend" cleaning agent with keeping all the tiles in "right out of the carton" condition. Bravo, Dennis! He's busy all day, always in motion keeping everything in tip top shape. Yes, he watches everything.... that's wonderful... and his return visitors... like my brother and his convention pals... love the guy and his wife, Grace, who treat everyone like guests, not customers. You will feel safe at this hotel, and the location is great.... a block from the Key West Cafe (charming! friendly! great breakfasts! good prices!)... and the Cork and Bottle is around the corner... as are other restaurants... all seem to have the friendliest servers ever! We were there in early June; the weather was great, the motel was terrific, the restaurants were friendly with good food not overpriced. We'll be going back now each year when my brother does.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lancaster, Pa
Reviewed June 4, 2010

My family and I have gone to the LeVoyageur for the past 21 years! We have made it our go to vacation spot. Last year we didn't get to go on vacation due to a family wedding and I have to say the fact that we are going back in 2 months makes us all crazy to get back. We love it there. The atmosphere, the people, the beach, the city of wildwood, THE HEATED POOL! Just everything about the Le Voyageur makes it a perfect place to have a family vacation. Yeah the rooms can be a little snug for a family of 5 but we've found its perfect for getting that close family oriented vacation. Besides the comfort and quality of the rooms makes up for the size totally. I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone all year round. This hotel has given us lifelong friends, countless memories and one week a year we get to have the most relaxing time of our life!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 31, 2010

I enjoyed my stay and will be coming back some time soon. The rooms and grounds are clean, owners and staff are friendly, location is a block and a half from the boardwalk, and you can't beat the price. The owners really make a special effort to make sure that they provide the highest quality accommodations for their guests. They have great amenities including a pool, 2 sun decks, free wifi, in most cases a full size refrigerator, microwave, changing room and shower areas, free parking, and more... On some weekends, like this past Memorial Day they had a BBQ and music for their guests.

Unlike some of the other inns and motels in the area, you can notice immediately that this please is clean, quiet, and caters to a family oriented crowd. I really liked the fact that there weren't a bunch of people hanging-out on the outside of the property; this made me feel safe and happy that I could get a good night's sleep. If you're looking for a place where you can have a party in your room, I would suggest to look for other accommodations but if you're looking for something more family-oriented, this place is ideal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Brooklyn., NY
Reviewed May 25, 2010

This is my fourth year at Le Voyageur. Every year gets better and better. Our hosts, Grace and Dennis are warm wonderful people. They always go above and beyond to make your stay memorable.The motel is kept immaculately clean, and he pool is always warm and inviting. Perfectly located, you are about a block away from the boardwalk and beach. Many fine restaurants are also within walking distance. My favorite breakfast place is on the corner. I think the name is Key West. Jackie and her husband run the cafe. Don't miss it.......... I enjoy Le Voyaguer so much that we have now started to go in October as well, for the 50"s weekend. They have a great package. Enjoy Enjoy

• Stayed May 2010
Southbury, CT
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Definetely a family orientated motel. Very clean, nice owners. The walk to the boardwalk was about 2-3 blocks but the walk to the water is long either way so i didnt mind the exercise. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
staten island, ny
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My familyand I have been going to Wildwood for many years and this is the only motel I would stay in. It is by far the cleanest place you will find in Wildwood. The owners, Dennis and Grace are wonderful people and treat their guests well. They go out of their way to help you make your stay enjoyable. Stay with them once and they always remember your name and family. Year after year my family and a group of our friends stay at Le Voyageur for the September car show and meet the same guests we see each year. That tells you something. I'm already looking forward to next year.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
staten island
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My wife and I have been staying at the LeVoyageur Motel for many years. I have been attending the Wildwood car show in September for quite a while and see the same people staying here year after year. Dennis and Grace know everyone that stays here by first name from the first day of your stay. Coffee is free every morning, rooms are immaculate, and the general appearance of the premises will not dissapoint. I have also spent time here with my entire family in the summertime along with friends and other family members and we all keep coming back. The staff is friendly,courteous ,and very efficient at their jobs. The area has quite a few restaurants that will leave you very happy after the dining experience , and Dennis and Grace do know all the best places to frequent. Have stayed there, and will continue staying at the LeVoyageur for as long as they run this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#4 of 76 in Wildwood
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#2 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Le Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!