“Very ncie and clean”

Ranked #5 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Southbury, CT
“Very ncie and clean”
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Definetely a family orientated motel. Very clean, nice owners. The walk to the boardwalk was about 2-3 blocks but the walk to the water is long either way so i didnt mind the exercise. Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
staten island, ny
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My familyand I have been going to Wildwood for many years and this is the only motel I would stay in. It is by far the cleanest place you will find in Wildwood. The owners, Dennis and Grace are wonderful people and treat their guests well. They go out of their way to help you make your stay enjoyable. Stay with them once and they always remember your name and family. Year after year my family and a group of our friends stay at Le Voyageur for the September car show and meet the same guests we see each year. That tells you something. I'm already looking forward to next year.

staten island
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My wife and I have been staying at the LeVoyageur Motel for many years. I have been attending the Wildwood car show in September for quite a while and see the same people staying here year after year. Dennis and Grace know everyone that stays here by first name from the first day of your stay. Coffee is free every morning, rooms are immaculate, and the general appearance of the premises will not dissapoint. I have also spent time here with my entire family in the summertime along with friends and other family members and we all keep coming back. The staff is friendly,courteous ,and very efficient at their jobs. The area has quite a few restaurants that will leave you very happy after the dining experience , and Dennis and Grace do know all the best places to frequent. Have stayed there, and will continue staying at the LeVoyageur for as long as they run this place.

New York NY
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed at this hotel Labor day weekend. The owner of the place was friendly. The room was clean.

Montreal
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I chose this motel based on reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm glad I did. The motel is very clean. The pool was great, although I found it a bit too warm (mid 80's). I loved the BBQ. I loved the outdoor shower. I loved the bed. I loved the sheets. I loved the towels. Did I mention the motel was really clean?
However I find paying $160 per night is too much for a motel, but this is Wildwood and that seems to be the going rate so might as well get a nice one -- some of the motels in the area didn’t seem half as nice and cost almost as much.
Finally, one of the other reviews mentioned that the distance between the Boardwalk and the Ocean is quite long. That is true, but that's the case anywhere in Wildwood. That’s why a lot of people that I saw loaded their beach stuff on a buggy and rolled it to beach, which is a smart idea. If you want a shorter distance you have to further north to North Wildwood.
If I go back to Wildwood I’d definitely try to go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Woodstock, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2009

We stayed here strictly because of the great reviews, either the hotel owners have a huge family or these review writers haven't really traveled much. Yes the place is very clean, they do try to take care of any issues should you have any, the owner does watch everything. That being said, this place is about a block away from the board walk and a very, very long walk to the actual beach, the water (ocean) is several hundred feet from the boardwalk meaning if you have chairs, coolers or children with "stuff" you will be carting it a very long way through sand or on the wood they set up for you to lug your stuff on (about 3 football fields?) or more!. If you stay more north at one of the many, many hotel/motels up that way you will be much happier. We drove up there and priced places there and they were cheaper or about the same, the beach is not even a football field away up there . If just one of the previous reviews had said the beach was this far from the boardwalk we would have not wasted our money here but paid just as much or less to be closer to the water, hence, making life a lot easier! We didn't go to the "beach" because the the motel owners were nice, we went for vacation. I will do more then trip advisor research next time. I hope I saved just one "mom" the extra work on her vacation!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank Burnie17
Long Island, NY
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I went with my family for a NAGA Battle of the Beach competition. My daughter was a competitor. She had vistors (her coaches) who came 3 times for prep and after tournament evalution. You are not permitted any visitors (There are 3 signs and its on the checkin form). They may take showers and use towels. On top of that her visitors kept using the reserved parking area - bad form by them. Dennis complained to me about this the 2 days we were there and confronted the visitors, but did show restraint by not towing their car. In the end I paid $20 extra for them - Dennis was positive they took showers. Dennis knew exactly when the visitors arrived and left even though the office was closed later at night. Dennis told me a story how some couple had tried to sneak an adult into their room without paying. He confronted them and told them to pay extra or get out (He would refund their money less $50 for his aggrevation). So obey his rules (which to be fair are common in Wildwood) - he knows exactly what everyone is doing in his motel. I stayed in a 2 room "B" unit. Only the back room was air conditioned, the other had a ceiling fan. The motel is spotless and the pool is perfect. You can not book a room via the internet, you must call and talk to Dennis or his wife. He will want to know why you are coming and exactly who (names). You will mail a check - no credit cards until you get there and even then Dennis discourages it. Obey the rulles and you will enjoy your time there.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank NewEagle99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#4 of 76 in Wildwood
SeaGull Motel
SeaGull Motel
#2 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Le Voyageur Motel? Share your experiences!