“Nice Stay”

and 1 more site!
Le Voyageur Motel
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed August 11, 2008

Stayed here the first weekend of August 2008 for the NAGA Battle at the Beach. Our room was very nice. The furnishings are a little dated but kept in good condition. The pool was nice. Overall it is worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank phillytraveler12
There are newer reviews for Le Voyageur Motel

Reviewed August 7, 2008

First off, I almost didn't write this review because now more people may book their stays at LeVoyageur and there will be less of a chance for my family to get reservations. But, this hotel definitely deserves a good review and it was the reviews I read on Tripadvisor that pointed me towards LeVoyageur so I'll "pay it forward."

My husband, my teenage son and I recently stayed at the Le Voyageur Motel and were very pleased. Over the past 30 or so years, I've stayed in various motels in the Wildwood area and I have to say, Le Voyageur was the nicest. First and most importantly to me, the motel is CLEAN! You wouldn't believe some of the dirty motels in Wildwood and the Crest ... even the newer, larger, more expensive ones. Everything in this motel is very well maintained and very clean.

The owner, Dennis, was very accommodating. At check-in, he explained the motel rules and provided us with lots of info on the local restaurants and attractions. During our stay, we often saw him straightening chairs, etc in the pool area, moving beach towels from the balconies to the deck chairs, or helping the LARGE cleaning staff as they cleaned the rooms in the morning.

Our room was nice: wallpapered, and the bathroom looked newly renovated. Our maid was very helpful ...... she got us extra tissues upon request. The bathroom included a hairdryer and little bottles of shampoo, conditioner and mouthwash as well as the usual bars of soap. There were plenty of towels and even though we didn't have an efficiency, there was a tupperware bowl provided for food heating (microwave in room) and for refrigerator storage. They also provided a dish cloth and dish towel. It's the little things that really impress.

The pool water was warm, which I love, and the owner provides "noodles" and beach balls for guests to use while swimming. There are "seats" cut into the walls of the pool for just relaxing in the water. Again, the little things. The chairs around the pool and the tables and chairs on one of the two decks looked to be fairly new.

The motel's location is good......not right on the beach but only a couple of blocks from beach and boardwalk.

We're looking forward to staying here again next year and in the years to come.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MP25
Reviewed July 26, 2008

My girlfriend and I booked this place and actually canceled at another place that got poor reviews after reading reviews at tripadvisor. We loved the stay, everything was perfect. The people are nice and gave us a bunch of coupons that we used and saved nearly $100 for the week. Rooms were really clean and AC was nice, and they had a decent sized TV in the room (which is hard to find in some motels, alot of them still have dials on them)

Maid service was great, no complaints there. Pool was nice and heated, and they even have live music out on the patio area near the pool, so its nice if you are there with your family. We weren't around much to see but it's cool if you like that kind of thing.

Location is great, a block and ahalf from the beach, start of the boardwalk and convention center, so walking isn't a big deal. There was plenty of parking available too, never had a problem with that. Also, we took advantage of the wireless internet they offer for free, so that we could look up things to do while we were down there.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We loved LeVoyageur! We picked it based on the TripAdvisor reviews and it definitely lived up to our expectations. Grace and Dennis couldn't have been more friendly and made genuine efforts to ensure that their guests were happy. As prior reviewers have written, the motel is very clean. The location is also great...a 5 minute walk to the beginning of the beach (but note that the beach here is VERY wide...so the walk from the start of the sand to the water is actually longer than the walk from the hotel to the sand).

We traveled with our toddler and Dennis/Grace arranged for a rental crib (call in advance to do this), which worked out great. As I mentioned, the room was very clean and spacious. The pool was a very comfortable temperature and also very clean.

(Also, if you're traveling with young children, there's a park with swings and a playground just a couple of blocks away and the boardwalk has some great kiddie rides).

Note that this motel is AAA-rated at 2 stars...so set your expectations accordingly. There are no frills, but as 2-star motels go, this is top of the line. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank mama118
Reviewed July 11, 2008

When we planned our vacation in the Wildwoods, this spring, we didn't know where we should stay so we searched the web for suggestions. After reviewing comments on a few sites and looking through brochures, we picked the "Le Voyageur" motel. What a GREATchoice! The place is sparkling clean, the owners (Dennis and Grace) are wonderful and very helpful and the staff is courteous and cheerful. The rooms are clean and look nice. I enjoyed the complimentary coffee offered each morning, from 8 till 10 AM. The pool is kept at 85 degrees and checked several times a day. There was parking available on the site. We were close to the Boardwalk (a 5 minute walk) and there was plenty of restaurants at walking distances. By the way, the best one was the Key West Café, located right next to the motel (4701 Pacific Avenue). This breakfast/lunch restaurant, owned by Steve and his wife, opened just last week. We went twice (both times served by Dayna, a very nice person with a great smile) and both times, the food was great!
We definitely recommand this motel. When we go back to Wildwood, this is where we will stay, for sure!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank kiki-pat
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel for the past 3 years and I would not stay anywhere else! I am going down again at the end of July for a week! The owners are very personable and make your stay very enjoyable!!

M.C., NJ

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank megafrog211
Reviewed June 1, 2008

I am a landlord.I know how much work goes into keeping a building clean.I wish my building was in the condition this building was.You are close to the boardwalk,have a pool,are just a few hundred feet from the ocean.I cannot get over the level of maintenance that this property had.If you have any irrational fears about coming to the hell hole motel and seeing vagrants living from shopping carts in the room next to you,dispel those anxieties.Book here with no worries.Owner on site who watches every aspect of this place.Coffee is great!!If I am wrong I will pay for your motel room!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business