“Loved the "Aquarius"”

Ranked #30 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Elizabeth NJ
“Loved the "Aquarius"”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My experience overall with the Aquarius was very good. The room's furniture seems a little dated but the rooms were clean and well kept. The only glitch I felt was that the window air conditioner was a little under-powered. The location of this place is perfect with a nice view of the ocean and the main amusement boardwalk is within a couple of minutes of walking.

Stayed July 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Drexel Hill, PA
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Me and my family stayed here on the third floor for about four days. The room was nice, there was a radio in each room, and I really liked that. My favorite part was that it was right across the street from the boardwalk. The pool is awesome to say the least. You can swim in there as long as you want. It's not that close to the beach, but I don't really like the beach that much the sand gets everywhere. If you want to go bike-riding in the morning, you only have to walk about two blocks! There are also some resturaunts and breakfast places. I remember that there was a ugly looking empty lot, but they were going to build a huge hotel there soon anyway.

• Liked — The Boardwalk was right across the street!
  • Disliked — You had to walk almost a mile to get to the part of the beach where the ocean was.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Poughkeepsie, NY
Reviewed January 11, 2008

This place is very dirty... mold on bathroom ceiling, hole in living room with paint chips everywhere. The worst part about it is that families with small children MUST stay on the first level, however, the door to the pool area is ALWAYS TIED OPENED, even in the evening. My 3 year old often wondered out to the pool before we were planning to all go and I WAS CONSTANTLY PANICKED THAT SHE WOULD END UP DROWNED IN THE POOL IN THE AM BEFORE I AWOKE. Hate this place!!

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank bdsher98
Baltimore
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This place was so dirty, there was mold on the bathroom walls, dirt & grime around the sink, I had to scrape it off. Sheets were torn and frayed, and in the crevises of the mattress were dead spiders and dirt. We will NEVER stay there again. I have been coming to WW for over 38 years and have never seen such a disgusting place. If they took care of the inside as well as the outside, they could have a fabulous place. RE: Room 203 to be exact.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank kikie68
Reviewed June 8, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Aquarius Motor Inn for 3 days and we had so much fun especially my nephews (4 & 6 yrs old). The owner of this motor inn was really great and friendly. We reserved a room a month before our vacation and were told that we're gonna be in the fourth floor but when we got there, the lady moved us to the second floor which is much better for us. Room was clean and big enough for a family. They have a complete kitchen (stove, microwave, small fridge, sink, kitchen table, plates and spoons/forks), 2 double bed in a room and one couch / pull out bed, 2 T.V's, and a bathroom. The location is excellent, the board walk / the beach are just across the street. The convention center, morey's piers, water rides, arcades / stores are 10-15 mins walk which saved a lot for a parking fee and gas. The price was fair, not too expensive. Therefore, I highly recommended the Aquarius Motor Inn to everyone.
We'll probably go back to Wildwood this summer and will definitely stay again at the Aquarius Motor inn. I hope you find this review helpful where to pick or stay when going to Wildwood. Have fun!!!

Stayed July 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2004

We just came home and wanted to get this review out quick. Don't take the name "Motor Inn" as a second look!! That's what I thought when looking around, They should have named it just "Motel".

They have excellent rooms and the price was not bad $115.00 a night for 5 nights, Depending what type of room!! We had the 4th floor with 3 double beds, 2 beds in private room one a pull out which turns into a neat couch. You get a regualr size table, Kitchen area with oven, microwave, frig, utensiles come with (Forks, knifes etc..) 2 TV's and bathroom of course....

Check in at 2pm and check out before 11am, Owned by a older couple that are normally there all the time. Weekend Night desk service, None during the week. They have no room service or anything extra. Does have heated pool area. DOES HAVE ELEVATOR!! We will probally stay again next year!! --- Take care have a safe summer -- Steve

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2004

My wife and I had never been to Wildwood. We stayed at the Aquarius for three days and loved every minute of it. The rooms were clean and well kept and the lady at the desk was great.
We decided to return to the Aquarius again this year.

23 Thank A TripAdvisor Member