“Wow!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For an outstanding dinner, the Crab and Seafood Shack is a must. The best crab cakes I ever ate. Great service and friendly atmosphere. Everything was fresh, from the home made coleslaw to all the great seafood. This was my first visit and will definitely not be my last!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent. The best crab cakes I have had. The service was friendly. A family operated establishment. The crab soup is fantastic.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

A spectacular find! Best. Scallops. Ever. Also had lobster roll, mussels and clams. All perfectly seasoned, fresher than fresh and generous portions to boot. There's a reason why this place gets so many good reviews and it's BYOB.

As for the reviewer who complained about them running out of one item or another ... Well, that's what happens when you're dealing with fresh fish. The fact that another place is mentioned in his reviews not once but twice reeks of shilling on the other restaurant's part. Makes you wonder why they never run out of anything ...

1  Thank JHarkness09
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Food outstanding, owner and staff even better. This place defines what a great locals place can be. You definitely miss the best of the area if you don't visit!

1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Have you ever heard of a seafood place that ran out of clam strips? Drove to the shack for clam strips and placed order for them. Waitress came back and said we don't have any. Aside from that the prices are very expensive with a very limited menu. Drove three miles down the road to Rick's seafood where they have everything under the sun (in stock).

Really owner?? If you SELL SO MANY clam strips why did the waitress have no clue that you ran out? Second you bash a customer because they ordered the lowest priced item on the menu? Happens that there were THREE people in my family that were craving clams strips. If that offends you too bad. You are a VERY ARROGANT business owner and since you follow trip advisor so close, I'm thinking half of the five star reviews are from your friends cause honestly, your 'shack' is nothing special. REALLY. You should try Rick's Seafood sometime. You would be enlightened. REALLY.

3  Thank Fab5454
candsshack, Manager at Crab and Seafood Shack, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

I told you on your initial review in late August and I would like to also tell you on this subsequent review in September, I am very sorry that we were out of clam strips; believe me I do not like to run out of anything. My comment on your purchasing the cheapest thing on my menu was out of line and I do apologize for that, but remember you not only bashed me but you also endorsed someone else, I really didn't think that was fair. I do know what it is like to have a craving for something and not be able to get it, please apologize to the others that were denied their desire at our place. We do have very good clam strips and we do sell a lot, we sell them as an entrée and we use them as a part of our fried combo, so they are a popular item. Believe me I am not an arrogant person, although the comment leans that way, I am far from it. I am glad that you satisfied your craving at another establishment, by the way I have purchase take out from there in the past prior to me opening our place.

I really do wish that we had the food you had requested, I would much rather have you as a satisfied customer than the dissatisfied one that you are now; I really like your enthusiasm concerning Ricks. But you have given me two bad reviews, not for receiving bad food or bad service, but for not receiving something you ordered and the out of line comment. As far as our reviews go, they are from some of the many customers we have served in the past-your remark about half of them being my friends, I don't think I have that many friends; although when a satisfied customer leaves our place, they are considered a friend.

Look FAB5454, I am sorry I offended you and we have excellent clam strips, why not give us a 2nd chance and stop in and have some-thanks.