“A good value & location”
Review of Alton Motel

Alton Motel
Ranked #3 of 16 Wildwood B&B and Inns
Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
“A good value & location”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We have spent several trips at the Alton. We were really please with the pool area, very suitable for the size of Motel. The staff of the Motel were extremely friendly & accomodiating to our needs. The location is close to the boardwalk and many of the local resturants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Terry T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I enjoyed a nice weekend September 2012 at the Alton Motel in Wildwood NJ. They have a cute little cafe that serves up a real nice breakfast. The room was clean and the staff was attentive and very friendly! I will definately return again!

Judy - PA

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Judy L
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just wanted to drop a note to say what a great experience we had at the Alton Motel! My daughter's team stayed at this motel during Beach Blast last year. Julie and the staff could not be more helpful from start to finish. From booking the rooms, during our stay, to check out. And they could not have been more excited for our girls when they won the championship! Great location! We can not wait to come back this year!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JJFIVE
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this motel last summer our first visit to Wildwood and was very impressed with the staff. As others have stated its nothing fancy but if your looking for something economical and close to the boardwalk it was a good choice so we decided to come back again this year, big mistake, the vibe was not as warm and welcoming, that was the very first thing we noticed. The cafe has a new owner who although very nice took awhile to bring our food and it was so hot in there so we were sweating while we ate. Needless to say we didn't eat there again. The biggest let down of all was the fact that after an entire day at the waterpark we came back to our room to find an envelope in my husbands pants folded and put away with the rest of his clothes had only his license and credit card in it but $200 in cash mysteriously disappered! That was devastating for us we felt totally violated! We informed the manager who assured us that only the cleaning lady who had been there since they opened had been in our room, implying I guess that it could not have been her, he called the owner who showed up and basically kept asking could we have misplaced it we told him no we know what we left in his pants pocket cause we were going to the waterpark we took $100 out with us and left the rest there. He called the cleaning lady and spoke with her and she apperently said she only made up the beds and changed the sheets so she was only in there for no more than 15 minutes, whatever that proves! Anyhow the police were called and took a report. The owner bought us 2 pizza's and we called it a night. In the morning my husband attemped to ask the cleaning lady about it but suddenly she doesn't speak english although the night before she had a full conversation with the english speaking owner! They had her stay in the cafe who she is apparently related to that owner for the morning while we checked out and one more time asked us could we have been wrong! And man when your robbed those words sting when you know what you had. anyway we packed up our car and 3 kids and hit the road for our 4 hour ride home. I'm positive she came right out of that cafe and went right to work so KEEP YOUR STUFF WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES! just a friendly warning. anyhow we will NEVER stay there again. For the cheaper price I ended up paying more!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank mimabii
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed at the Alton Motel two weeks ago. Room 205 was clean, cool, and came with a small fridge and a microwave. It's a quick walk to the Boardwalk and an even quicker walk to Tucker's Pub which offers nice reasonably priced meals and live music.
Remember that this is a vacation motel and so if you want a big bar of soap or a liter bottle of your favorite shampoo, just pack them in your suitcase before you come. If you want a big fluffy pillow that feels like your $100 pillow at home, then pack that in too. The motel is under new management and they worked hard to make my stay as nice as possible. I'll come back here when I visit again.
By the way, they have wifi but I left my computer at home for my little holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mark N
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2011

The Alton Motel is a wonderful motel with a friendly staff who stop at nothing to make you feel at home from the moment you walk thru the door. It is in a great location a block away from the boardwalk. It is clean and the staff is very helpful. The cafe next store sells amazing pancakes that are huge!! The staff in the cafe is nice and friendly also. I am telling anyone that wants a nice clean cheap motel this is the place to be!! This was my daughter (14mnths) first time down the shore and this place was a perfect fit for her. The moment we walked thru the door my daughter was right at home. I will stay at this place for years to come.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family