“Fresh & Delicious”

Hooked Up Seafood
Ranked #18 of 172 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Me and my family had crabs that was freshly cooked to order and you had two sizes to choose from we also tried the clams, corn on the cob, clam chowder soup with toasted garlic bread all was very delicious. The small but quaint out door eatery is right next to the docks which makes it feel like your on the water front right off the pier. All in all the place had lost of activity with people picking of phoned in orders as well as people dinning out with the option of BYB.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

If you come here, make sure you have your expectations set correctly. This is a great place and we had a great time. However, it is more of a take out place with tables rather then a resturant. Only about 6 tables out back. Food was great and plentyful. Fish is caught by the owner who's boat is docked right next to the picnic tables. Zero complaints. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. Would absoulty make this a part of our yearly trip here.

1  Thank Andrew K
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My boyfriend and I LOVE seafood and were extremely disappointed with the choices that we were finding in the Wildwood area (i.e. overfried clam strips and french fries, ugh!). So you can imagine our delight when our prayers were answered with our experience at Hooked Up Seafood.

At our first meal there we had 1/2 dozen large crabs, a dozen littleneck clams, and a small clam chowder (had to try it because of the raving reviews) between the two of us and it was filling.

I believe the market prices at the time were:
1 dozen large crabs COOKED $35
1 dozen large crabs LIVE $30
1 dozen medium crabs COOKED $21
1 dozen medium crabs LIVE $16

The crabs were DELICIOUS! Very, very fresh. My boyfriend didn't care much for their seasoning (a mixture of old bay + spices) and would've preferred the crabs without it but I didn't mind it. The crabs also come with lemon slices and I've actually never eaten crabs with lemon before (usually pair fresh crabs with a soy sauce + vinegar concoction) but I enjoyed it! Brings out the sweet ocean flavor of the crabs. ONLY issue we had though.. were that the "large" crabs didn't seem to be very "large". We honestly thought they could've passed for medium and saved us an extra $14.

Next, the littleneck clams were cooked with a lemon butter garlic sauce and hot pepper flakes. They were a little salty but the clams were so fresh that we didn't mind. It also comes with garlic bread that was also tasty but we were saving space for the seafood so we avoided the carbs :)

Lastly, the clam chowder was good considering it was homemade but I actually found it disappointing since the reviews claimed it was amazing?... I don't know, I'm no soup connoisseur but I wouldn't get this again.

On our 2nd trip we got a dozen medium crabs which were noticeably less fresh... maybe it's because we went at the end of the day but there was definitely a difference in the quality. The shells of the crabs were very brittle which indicated to us they weren't as fresh.

On our 3rd and final trip, we shared a fried flounder sandwhich ($10) and it was DIVINE! Perfectly fried and very fresh. It came on a roll with lettuce and tomato and tartar sauce on the side.

Overall I would most definitely go back! I even purchased 1/2 a dozen medium crabs that I brought home for my family and they loved it just as much. This is the perfect spot for people that just want good, fresh seafood without the frills. I would have given 5 stars if not for the slight drawback on quality from our 2nd crab run.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Can't believe all the good reviews. Next to the worst crab cakes we ever had(and we have eaten hundreds) all filler and we are still looking for the crab meat. Could not believe the bill, 2 crab cake sandwiches 1 small fries and 2 sodas=$30.00 ARE YOU KIDDING ME. WILL NEVER RETURN OR RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Fresh, and I do mean FRESH seafood. Funky but fabulous. Tuna was excellent, outdoor dining right besides the long-lines boat that caught the tuna. Captain/owner was helping prepare and took time out for conversation about his catch. Family run and great service. Don't let this one get away!