“Great experience! Good food! Great service!”
Review of The Ice House

The Ice House
Ranked #49 of 168 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Davis Avenue
Description: Entering our ninth season, Ice House Bar and Grille is emerging as the option of choice for "down the shore" dining and relaxing. Check out the Island's ONLY "Wine Nook" serving an upscale wine list by the glass or bottle along with our "wine flights" to give you a taste of something new! The dining room is perfect for parties of all sizes, two to twenty or more! Our kitchen staff prides itself in creatively preparing the freshest seafood, finest steaks, awesome flatbreads, our all new Ice House Mac N Cheese, sandwiches and burgers and even a children's menu in a comfortable and contemporary setting. Our Deck is a great alternative if you're only in the mood for appetizers and/or a sandwiches or a lite meal while enjoying the view overlooking Otten's Harbor.Whether it's relaxing bay views on the Deck or dinner in the air-conditioned upscale dining room, Ice House has something for the whole family, aged two to ninety-two!
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went on a Tuesday night in the middle of summer and even though the upstairs was packed we sat downstairs in a basically empty restaurant. We each had a wine flight which were both very good choices and a reasonable price if you enjoy tasting differently wines. 1 was $8 and 1 was $12 both had 3 wines each and were generous pours. They served bread and oil to the table which was fresh and delicious. I ordered the twin lobster tail special which included potatoes and mixed vegetables. My husband had 2 appetizers, the tuna and a seafood sampler. We also each had a soda. Well I had 2 and I was charged for 2 even though I was not told there would be a charge when the waitress brought me a refill. I would have passed at $2.50 each. That is the only reason I did not give this 5 stars! The servers were fabulous. I had left my phone in the booth, it must have fell out of my purse and they called me right away to come back and get it. All in all it was a wonderful meal, total bill $97, a bit much but not really for the area and the meal we ate.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Been vacationing in Wildwood my whole life, but this was our first visit to this restaurant. We arrived at 5:00 pm and were one of two parties in the whole restaurant! They offer an early bird special of three courses for $20. We each ordered from this menu.

Starter choices are soup of the day or Wedge Salad. My daughter chose the salad, which came with way too much vinaigrette; a blue cheese dressing would have been a better option. My husband and I paid the $2 surcharge for their specialty Corn and Crab Chowder. It was good and worth the extra cost.

Entree choices were plentiful. We had Crab Cakes, Scallops and Flounder. All were delicious! You could not choose your sides, and each came with (garlic?) mashed potatoes and steamed veggie mix. Portion size was perfect.

I was pleasantly surprised by the dessert choices for the $20 Early Bird menu! We had a blueberry cheesecake, chocolate peanut butter cheesecake and vanilla ice cream (hubby's choice - boring!), All tasted great and portion size was plentiful.

Service was good, with the only hitch being the fact that I had to ask to see a drink menu. They seem to focus on their wine offerings and presented a wine menu when we were seated. When our waitress brought the drink menu (which was a "tent" type menu that looked like it should have been on the table in the first place), I was pleasantly surprised by the offerings. I had the "Surf's Up" on the rocks rather than frozen, and it was delicious. My husband had a (house) vodka and tonic and it was only $3.75! Daughter had the lemonade, after asking if it was fresh or the soda-dispenser type, and was disappointed to find it tasted like powdered drink mix. She switched to the iced tea which arrived fresh-brewed and still warm in a decanter! She really enjoyed the taste.

This was a wonderful first visit, and we will definitely return!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Went there for an outdoor charity fundraiser hosted by the Ice House. You could get 3 blue claw cleaned and cooked crabs for $12. or 6 for $20. The crabs looked small but surprisingly were very meaty and tasty. Will go back and try theinside full service restaurant.

1  Thank Connie L
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a very nice dinner here! He had the stuffed flounder, and I had a Caesar salad and stuffed mushrooms. We were both very impressed with the huge lumps of crabmeat in the stuffing on both our entrees! Service was excellent! This was our second time here, and we will be back!

1  Thank thehokiefan
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visited Wildwood after moving away 20 years ago. We used to go to Russos Gingham restaurant and loved it. Russos is gone and we weren't sure about this new fancy restaurant. We decided to go for a drink for old times. So glad we did! The downstairs restaurant is fancy, expensive and not what we were looking for. While heading to the bar we learned there's a different menu for the 2nd floor patio. Buckets of beer, buckets of mussels, and clams for a really reasonable price. It was a really fun atmosphere, laid back, big umbrellas on the table, beautiful view of the canal. Our waitress Lisa was awesome. There when we needed her and she made sure my husband got his clams with no garlic, allergic. The sauces were amazing and Lisa brought us bread for dunking. If you want fancy and expensive go down stairs but for a fun, reasonably priced meal head to the patio !