“Mark your place”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Mark your place”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My grandmother use to tell us to look for the Strand and you will know where the beach unbrella would be. I have fond memories of that sign. We did go to the movies when we were older. It's a comfort to still see that sign. Don't ever take it down. I'm 60 years old and I pointed it out to my 8 year old grandson on Wednesday. I love you Mama.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Empathy

Hazleton, Pennsylvania
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“THIS PLACE IS CLOSED-NO LONGER EXISTENT!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The strand movie theater was great and wonderful in the past and will always have a place in my heart. The service was great. The staff was great. The movie selection was wonderful. Now all that is there is There old neon strand sign, now a couple of shops line where the theater used to be. Rip

1 Thank Holodickt
Staten Island, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yucky, dirty, small”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is the grossest movie theatre i think i've ever been to. The smallness wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't smell and the air conditioner didn't keep dripping on my shoulder.

2 Thank Lisa T
New Jersey
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Well; it used to be excellent.”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I was there last weekend and it was closed. Happy travels!

Ardmore, Pennsylvania
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Gone With the Wind”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Like so much of old Wildwood, the Strand has fallen into oblivion. I give it four stars not for its present but for its past. Every week the Hunt Company published a little folder that listed all their movie theaters with all the films that were playing and that were "coming soon." I would ride my bike to the Hunt office next to the old Casino theater and eagerly open to see the week's offering. In those days the old Regent showed the all summer feature. It never changed. I don't know how many times I saw Ben Hur and South Pacific. At the Strand there was always a summer premier. I remember Gina Lolabrigida and Rock Hudson in "Come September." Then every summer at the Strand was the new Doris Day Movie, "It Happened to Jane," and "Pillow Talk." I also saw my first "adult" themed film at the Strand, "The Carpetbaggers." Even in its day it may not have been much inside. I only remember that if you wore something white it would glow purple in the theater lighting. WW was a different place fifty years ago. The Strand is now gone, along with the empty lots of bayberry and red winged blackbirds.