“Gone With the Wind”

Add it.
The Strand Movie Theater
Ranked #13 of 17 Fun & Games in Wildwood
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Like so much of old Wildwood, the Strand has fallen into oblivion. I give it four stars not for its present but for its past. Every week the Hunt Company published a little folder that listed all their movie theaters with all the films that were playing and that were "coming soon." I would ride my bike to the Hunt office next to the old Casino theater and eagerly open to see the week's offering. In those days the old Regent showed the all summer feature. It never changed. I don't know how many times I saw Ben Hur and South Pacific. At the Strand there was always a summer premier. I remember Gina Lolabrigida and Rock Hudson in "Come September." Then every summer at the Strand was the new Doris Day Movie, "It Happened to Jane," and "Pillow Talk." I also saw my first "adult" themed film at the Strand, "The Carpetbaggers." Even in its day it may not have been much inside. I only remember that if you wore something white it would glow purple in the theater lighting. WW was a different place fifty years ago. The Strand is now gone, along with the empty lots of bayberry and red winged blackbirds.

There are newer reviews for The Strand Movie Theater

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was happy to see that when I went to the boardwalk a few weeks ago, this horrible, dirty, tiny sub-divided theater is out of business! The place was a horror. Air conditioning didn't work in one of the theaters we were in years ago, and the manager was obnoxious about it. I remember sitting in that little shoebox where the air was hot and humid... it was miserable. We never went back.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Filthy, low definition, and smelly. I would rather watch a movie at home on a black and white tv.

1  Thank John O
Reviewed April 3, 2012

so small ,to samll .very small,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reviewed August 23, 2011

Ugh this theater was small, dirty and over priced. Just because it is on the boardwalk doesn't mean you will have a nice experience. Don't waste your money here!