All reviews the owner room was clean pool side boardwalk soap
Reviewed August 13, 2018

WHAT A FILTHY DUMP! They say you get what you pay for...well in this case this place needs to hand out refunds because it is awful. My husband and I checked in and I should have known once we pulled in the parking lot and it smelled like death lingering from the dumpsters. We saw the guy at the front desk wondering in the parking lot on his cell phone. We didn't know he was the front desk attendant until we walked inside the office and he followed us inside and asked if he could help us. Our room was not ready so he asked us to come back in an hour. We went and grabbed a bite to eat and came back. We went to our room and damn near had to kick the door in because it was sticking. It looked like someone had previously tried to pry the door open. Once inside the room my husband and I looked at each other and immediately said we can't stay here. We didn't even want to touch anything. There were 2 TV's in the room, one on the wall and the other sitting on the desk/vanity thing. Only 1 worked. The bathroom was tiny. You could literally bang your legs into the sink stepping in and out of the shower. The bed was literally a mattress on some type of makeshift platform. The whole look of the room just made me wish for a hot shower and bleach. Our room was right outside of the pool. It was super noisy with screaming and things being thrown and slammed. The people in the room above us sounded like they were having a fight and throwing and dragging furniture. We go on line and booked a room at another hotel 5 minutes down the road. My advice would be to stay here at your own risk.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Very nice motel, nice balcony and pool with grills and seating nice view of beach not far from beach , stove inside the room and fridge and microwave and tv . Had a wonderful time. The staff was nice as wel!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

This place is the nasty place I ever stay, you need to get a batter cleaning people for what they charge it not worth it , the only good thing is that it close to everything , but I can drive and get a batter hotel and clean

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank sponosa1
Reviewed July 13, 2018

This is our second year for going to Wildwood for The Race of Gentlemen. Last year I booked the room online only because it was by Morey's Pier and I knew nothing about Wildwood. I was a little shocked upon going into the room as it was very plain and the only amenities was a little bar of soap in the shower and a small refrigerator. However we went for fun--not to stay in the room. At the motel we met so many wonderful people from various states and countries who had similar interest in the cars. It was a party every evening on the balcony and we could watch the activities on the street as well.

So when we went back to Wildwood this June, we took 2 other couples and stayed at El Ray. This year all the rooms had new mattresses and everyone said they had a good nights' sleep. This is a small older motel and the owner is present. He and his staff of maintenance and cleaning people are very nice and do a good job of keeping the rooms clean as well as the pool area. This place is in a great location as you can walk to many good restaurants and the pier and beach. I would say the better rooms are on the second floor as they seem a little larger and you have a view of the street activities. The only down side is that you have to carry your luggage up some steep stairs. If you are recovering from a back or leg injury the stairs may present a big problem.

Room tip: The rooms with 2 beds were double beds and not queen size beds.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FunAndSun57
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Run down, tiny rooms, no elevator. You have to drug your luggage yourself using a narrow wooden stair case that is are about to collapse. WiFi is not working. So called "patio" where grills are located is facing dumpsters. Everything in this motel stinks like h*ll, including furniture and mattresses. Beds are rather cots then beds. Cheap cots. Mattresses are sliding off those frames. Neither me, nor my child could fall asleep.On top of that guests are smoking on their balconies and motels owners are OK with that!.

Room tip: Standard rooms are as big as a shoe box. We had to take "a suite" that also stinks.
Date of stay: June 2018