See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely recommend the el ray to everyone. Great place to stay at the shore. Nice clean room, friendly and accommodating owner. We will most certainly stay here every time we come to wildwood. Close to everything. Best deal around too.

• Stayed: July 2013
11  Thank BettyR112
Reviewed June 30, 2013

For those of you who appreciate great customer service, and a clean room, you will not be disappointed. The El Ray Motel is 1 block from the Convention center and 3 blocks from the amusement piers, lots of restaurants within walking distance. The owners where extremely accommodating, greeting there guests throughout the day making you feel welcome. I was greeted by the scent of bleach as I entered my room, the bathroom was clean, plenty of fresh clean linens, and we had plenty of space with daily room service that actually cleaned the rooms. The rates where definitely better than many of the surrounding motels all visibly similar in age and amenities, but cleanliness and friendliness set the El Ray Motel head and shoulders above the rest. I will definitely return here next year and will gladly refer them to others. Having stayed in numerous other motels all built around the mid 50's, none are modern, nor did any of the others make you feel welcome when you arrive, like a relative coming to visit. We sat and enjoyed the views from the sun deck and had casual conversations with Hanna and his wife (owners) on our second night, as if they where family visiting Wildwood with us. I am so happy friends of ours referred us here, it made the stay enjoyable and affordable. Ask them to show you the room, and you will see, compared to the surrounding motels they are cleaner, more affordable, and definitely top notch in customer service. R. Carpenter

Room Tip: The 3rd floor rooms have 2 queen beds with a pull out sofa, the 2nd floor rooms have 2 queen beds, both 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have 2 burner stove top, outdoor grills, large refrigerators, cabinets and microwaves, front and rear balconies in each room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank Randy C
Reviewed June 28, 2013

As my wife and two children walked into the room, we couldn't get the feeling out that just being there was making us dirty. We had noticed the lack of maintenance on the pool which looked like it had a crack in it. We joking laughed, uncontrollably, at the horrendous conditions and thought we'd give it a try. Just walking on the tiled floor made my clean socks dirty, there was garbage behind the light stand, the light stand wasn't even plugged in, had the line spliced to make it longer to reach an outlet, and was missing a bulb to add to the fiasco. One of the power outlets was missing a cover. The bathroom smelled worse than a public restroom, it honestly smelled as if someone had purposely broke wind right before I walked. I turned on the shower and the pan started filling with water. The drain was clogged!!! I let the man at the desk know of the this and he came with a toilet plunger into the room and began vigorously plunging as if his life depended on it. He pulled out some garbage out of the drain, showed it to me, and left. At that point my other half told me she was about to go sleep in the car with the kids if need be. So she got up, walked across the street and booked a room at the Days Inn. Do yourself a favor and save yourself and your family the hassle of coming here. I honestly think these owners need to heavily invest in maintaining their property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Estebanx313
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here last weekend(6/21/2013). Let me start by saying the location is great everything you need is in reach. And there is a pizza store connecting to the motel that makes great food and open late. The managers were a great help and really friendly, I enjoyed chatting with them. The rooms were as we expected very clean and kept clean. Every morning the maids would come in and clean while we were at the beach. I would recommend this to everyone I know and the pricing is very affordable.

• Stayed: June 2013
11  Thank Stevensoliman
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been there once this summer for the first time and I love this place will for sure go back there again next year if i get the chance to. The room was clean/nice and the pool was nice all and all i give it a 9/10 especially for the location and how clean it was

• Stayed: June 2013