“Great place to stay at the shore. Clean room, friendly and accommodating owner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Ray Motel

and 1 more site!
El Ray Motel
Ranked #44 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

I will definitely recommend the el ray to everyone. Great place to stay at the shore. Nice clean room, friendly and accommodating owner. We will most certainly stay here every time we come to wildwood. Close to everything. Best deal around too.

• Stayed July 2013
11 Thank Betty R

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Florence, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

For those of you who appreciate great customer service, and a clean room, you will not be disappointed. The El Ray Motel is 1 block from the Convention center and 3 blocks from the amusement piers, lots of restaurants within walking distance. The owners where extremely accommodating, greeting there guests throughout the day making you feel welcome. I was greeted by the scent of bleach as I entered my room, the bathroom was clean, plenty of fresh clean linens, and we had plenty of space with daily room service that actually cleaned the rooms. The rates where definitely better than many of the surrounding motels all visibly similar in age and amenities, but cleanliness and friendliness set the El Ray Motel head and shoulders above the rest. I will definitely return here next year and will gladly refer them to others. Having stayed in numerous other motels all built around the mid 50's, none are modern, nor did any of the others make you feel welcome when you arrive, like a relative coming to visit. We sat and enjoyed the views from the sun deck and had casual conversations with Hanna and his wife (owners) on our second night, as if they where family visiting Wildwood with us. I am so happy friends of ours referred us here, it made the stay enjoyable and affordable. Ask them to show you the room, and you will see, compared to the surrounding motels they are cleaner, more affordable, and definitely top notch in customer service. R. Carpenter

Room Tip: The 3rd floor rooms have 2 queen beds with a pull out sofa, the 2nd floor rooms have 2 queen beds, b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Randy C
Brick, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

As my wife and two children walked into the room, we couldn't get the feeling out that just being there was making us dirty. We had noticed the lack of maintenance on the pool which looked like it had a crack in it. We joking laughed, uncontrollably, at the horrendous conditions and thought we'd give it a try. Just walking on the tiled floor made my clean socks dirty, there was garbage behind the light stand, the light stand wasn't even plugged in, had the line spliced to make it longer to reach an outlet, and was missing a bulb to add to the fiasco. One of the power outlets was missing a cover. The bathroom smelled worse than a public restroom, it honestly smelled as if someone had purposely broke wind right before I walked. I turned on the shower and the pan started filling with water. The drain was clogged!!! I let the man at the desk know of the this and he came with a toilet plunger into the room and began vigorously plunging as if his life depended on it. He pulled out some garbage out of the drain, showed it to me, and left. At that point my other half told me she was about to go sleep in the car with the kids if need be. So she got up, walked across the street and booked a room at the Days Inn. Do yourself a favor and save yourself and your family the hassle of coming here. I honestly think these owners need to heavily invest in maintaining their property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Estebanx313

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here last weekend(6/21/2013). Let me start by saying the location is great everything you need is in reach. And there is a pizza store connecting to the motel that makes great food and open late. The managers were a great help and really friendly, I enjoyed chatting with them. The rooms were as we expected very clean and kept clean. Every morning the maids would come in and clean while we were at the beach. I would recommend this to everyone I know and the pricing is very affordable.

• Stayed June 2013
11 Thank Stevensoliman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been there once this summer for the first time and I love this place will for sure go back there again next year if i get the chance to. The room was clean/nice and the pool was nice all and all i give it a 9/10 especially for the location and how clean it was

• Stayed June 2013
10 Thank Julian_0915
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

went there for prom w my friend and had a great time... best part is the location and the the pizzia shop next door n that we didn't have to drive anywhere... will most likely stay there again whenever I go to wildwood

Room Tip: the room I stayed in had a balcony which was nice but it was a little more money
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Mike M
Tinicum, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My family and I have been going to the El~Ray Motel for almost 20 years! WE WILL STAY NO WHERE ELSE!!! Contrary to other reviews, this Motel is CLEAN, SAFE, FAMILY FRIENDLY, AND VERY REASONABLE! The owners, Mr and Mrs. Hanna are always there to greet you with a smile or even a hug, They work extremely hard everyday to assure you a nice stay. This motel offers daily maid service with fresh towels. They offer free coffee and doughnuts daily. They offer a great pool to accomadate the whole family. Two sun decks with lounge chairs. They even have a pizza shop hooked on to the side of the building. The location can not be beat, One block from the boardwalk and beach. Walking distance to restaraunts, ice cream shops, you name it. They also provide FREE parking during your stay. I have reccomended the El~Ray motel to friends and families for years. It is our home away from home and we stay there a few times each season. It really is a great place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family