“Fun at the Beach”

Dining options: Late Night
Salem, New Jersey
“Fun at the Beach”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visited Capt'n Jack's as a group of 8. I had a glass of wine ($4 Wednesday special) and hubs and I shared the Caribbean egg rolls.They have lots of specialty frozen drinks (my friend had a pink creation that was yummy) and several draft beers, including two craft beers, which my hubby sampled. He had the pulled pork flatbread pizza and I had the shrimp po' boy. Both were delish. I sampled a fellow diner's fried calimari and that was cooked very well and not rubbery at all, as it often can be. The sauces that accompanied each dish were a standout-my remoulade for the egg rolls and the po' boy were so good, I asked for extra, and the chili sauce that came with the calimari was a nice change from the usual marinara. Service was quick and friendly. We sat up on the open deck and the view isn't great from all angles, but I wouldn't let that deter me from going back!

• Visited August 2013

“Pretty good”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

The service was great our waitress was attentive and kind. The drinks were overpriced and watered down. The food was pretty tasty! We had the sampler and it was all good. The jerk wings taste more like sweet and spicy wings but hardly spicy at all. It was a little overpriced but overall it's a decent restaurant.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally something other than pizza that is good to eat”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been going to WW for years. Always eat pizza or hoagies. We were on the beach, and no one wanted pizza for dinner. We seen Capt'n Jacks and decided to try something new. There were 4 of us, each had 4 different things, & everyone was more than happy with their selections. Will DEFINITELY be eating here again soon.

1 Thank Chris N
Shanghai
“Drinks on the boardwalk”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This is a great little place to get alcohol right on the boardwalk! My family and I also had dinner there, which was great! The fish tacos were wonderful! They have a nice outdoor seating area and an inside air conditioned seating area. It's a nice place right on the boardwalk to get dinner and drinks!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tiffany W
“Good food, ice cold drinks and great atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

So we stopped on with the kids. Service was the best on the boardwalk, staff was friendly and the food was great.