Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews liquor store the owner pool and hot tub walking distance bed was very comfortable pool area few blocks a great place to stay clean rooms definitely stay here again coffee pot visit wildwood home away from home mini fridge sandbox shiv pet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Definitely a repeat. My boyfriend and I stayed for only a night, it was the cheapest place in town but we got way more than we bargained for. The pool/jacuzzi area is great for families. Our room was small but comfortable and had all the standard equipment. Location; 5-10 minute walk to beach and end of boardwalk. Qhen you arrive to the boardwalk there's a train that takes you to end with the carnaval and rides. Only 3 dollar ride each way.
Staff here is amazing! We woke up Kate so they let us check out at 12 instead of 11 with no extra charge. I had urgent documents that I had to print and mail that morning, and when I asked the front desk where I could go for a printer they 1. Printed everything for me. 2. Gave me an envelope. 3. Even provided me with stamps!!
Hands down awesome place. Will repeat.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cassandra S
Reviewed June 18, 2017

We had the pleasure of staying at the Sandbox Motel during the week of June 11-18, 2017 for the VFW Convention. From the moment we checked in we felt like family . They have done a lot of upgrades. Located next to a liquor Mulligan's (gives a discount to motel guests) Mulligan's Restaurant & Bar (very good food) Acme, Drugstores, McDonalds to name a few places for your shopping convenience. Never had to worry if we had a problem there was always some one the premises to address
our needs.

Room tip: All rooms are about the same except for their suites that have jaquzzi tubs,full size refrigerator and stove microwaves in all.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank peggymatts0n
Reviewed June 14, 2017

I stayed here with my husband, baby and dog for 2 nights in the first week of June. We were surprised by the welcome dish provided for our dog which included 2 dog bowls, a travel dog bowl (that you can take home) and 2 cookie treats on a tray. The location is further from the beach area but since it was off season, it was not an issue. It is about a 5 minute drive to the beach. The area is safe and quiet and has various grocery stores for any last minute items. The front desk office also provides drinks at a reasonable price if you don't want to walk to the grocery store. The parking is a little bit tight especially if you park under the overhang as there are some poles you have to be aware of before opening your car doors. The staff was very inviting and always greeted us when they saw us. The pool area is clean and well kept. We would have loved to have gone swimming and lounge around the pool if the weather was nicer when we stayed. The room is a decent size with a kitchenette. Cooking utensils were included as well as a microwave, refrigerator, toaster and a coffee maker. We had a king size bed and a futon and we still had enough room to bring in a stroller without feeling cramped. The bathroom is small and included a stand up shower which you can also use to sit and wash your dog. Wi-Fi is free but is a bit spotty at times so don't expect to be watching Netflix on the toilet. Overall, we had a positive experience and will be back the next time we are in Wildwood.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Redcharlize
Reviewed June 14, 2017

The staff was really helpful and friendly. Got to Wildwood for fun with friends and sand box motel is one of the only places where 21 and under could stay. Very grateful and very safe too. Great price, great experience. Would recommend 10/10

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Ken Z
Reviewed June 13, 2017

The staff and the owner were amazing!!! I came down for the weekend with my boyfriend for the Race of the Gentlemen as well as for my boyfriend's birthday. Upon arrival, I got to talking with the owner. When he found out my guest's birthday was the next day, he said he would have the attendants set up the room with balloons and a cake while I got my boyfriend out of the room for breakfast in the morning. When we returned and walked into the room, we were WOWED!!! The staff went above and beyond! Balloons and streamers everywhere, a cake made out of towels and the best thing....while admiring the room, the staff comes walking in behind us with a REAL birthday cake adorned with candles and singing "Happy birthday" song (nevertheless) I totally made my boyfriend's day! He was so surprised and I was so thankful. It's the little things in life like small acts of kindness like this from people who do not know you from Adam, that make all the difference in a person's day to day life. So to the staff and owner of The Sandbox....THANK YOU BEYOND WORDS! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Room tip: Corner suites seemed to be a little more private. Make sure to ask for a room with a sitting area out front for some extra space to relax.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple