Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews liquor store the owner pool and hot tub walking distance bed was very comfortable pool area few blocks a great place to stay clean rooms definitely stay here again coffee pot visit wildwood home away from home mini fridge sandbox shiv pet
Selected filters
Reviewed June 13, 2017

The staff and the owner were amazing!!! I came down for the weekend with my boyfriend for the Race of the Gentlemen as well as for my boyfriend's birthday. Upon arrival, I got to talking with the owner. When he found out my guest's birthday was the next day, he said he would have the attendants set up the room with balloons and a cake while I got my boyfriend out of the room for breakfast in the morning. When we returned and walked into the room, we were WOWED!!! The staff went above and beyond! Balloons and streamers everywhere, a cake made out of towels and the best thing....while admiring the room, the staff comes walking in behind us with a REAL birthday cake adorned with candles and singing "Happy birthday" song (nevertheless) I totally made my boyfriend's day! He was so surprised and I was so thankful. It's the little things in life like small acts of kindness like this from people who do not know you from Adam, that make all the difference in a person's day to day life. So to the staff and owner of The Sandbox....THANK YOU BEYOND WORDS! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Room tip: Corner suites seemed to be a little more private. Make sure to ask for a room with a sitting area out front for some extra space to relax.
Date of stay: June 2017
3  Thank Tiffany L
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was BEAUTIFUL! The staff was so friendly and nice. The pool and hot tub were awesome and the slide was a nice touch! My friends and boyfriend and I had a blast. Will deff return!
The only downfall was that the walk to the boardwalk was 30 minutes.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Devon A
Reviewed May 31, 2017

We went here in May before the start of the summer season. We were a little wary since the room rate was so inexpensive ($56 a night!) but after reading the great reviews here we decided to take a chance, and I'm glad we did. First, we were given a free upgrade to a larger room with a kitchen. The manager was extremely helpful, recommending various local restaurants and attractions we might enjoy. The room was very clean and in good condition. The bathroom was small but the rest of the room was quite spacious. We mentioned to the manager that we could hear the TV next door so he stuffed soundproofing in the space between the connecting doors and it was silent the rest of our stay. The motel is within walking distance of the boardwalk and local restaurants and stores. It was raining when we left and the manager gave us a lift to a diner for breakfast. All in all he went out of his way to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

3  Thank headofbus
Reviewed May 30, 2017

I have stayed at Sandbox Motel twice with my family of 5 in apartment 10. I had a wonderful time, the maids are very friendly, the rooms are good size & a lot of space in the apartment. Staff are verly friendly! Both times me and my family stayed here it was great! I would refer you to stay at this motel. The prices are reasonable, the pool is a good size for anyone. My family and I had a great time!

Room tip: Apartment 8,9,10 are great for about 6 people.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank sabrinnat
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Let me begin this review by stating that I generally never write reviews. I joined TripAdvisor specifically to share my overwhelmingly positive experience with the Sandbox Motel. My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sandbox for two days and one night the Thursday and Friday before Memorial Day weekend this year. As soon as we walked into the office to check in, we were greeted by the friendly receptionist, who informed us that we had received a room upgrade free-of-charge. We had initially booked a standard room with a full-size bed because of the low price, but the upgrade gave us a room with a king-size bed, a kitcheonette, and a futon. The owner of the motel was also in the office when we checked in, and he was extremely pleasant and helpful. It was clear from his demeanor and speech that he took a great amount of pride in his motel. He provided us with information about the nearest grocery store, liquor store, and restaurants. He also gave us directions for getting to the beach and boardwalk from the hotel (a simple 10-15 minute walk). The room itself was nice. It was evident that it was an older motel, but everything was immaculately clean and functional, and the bed was very comfortable. The atmosphere at the motel was tranquil and cozy; there were no rowdy guests and, although we didn't swim at all during our stay, the pool/hot tub seemed well-maintained. The Wi-Fi was free, speedy, and easy-to-access. I have been coming to Wildwood since I was a little girl, but this was my boyfriend's first time at the Jersey Shore. I can't thank the Sandbox enough for giving him a wonderful first Wildwood experience! We will definitely be coming back soon!

5  Thank KMarzinsky