Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews liquor store the owner pool and hot tub walking distance bed was very comfortable pool area few blocks a great place to stay clean rooms definitely stay here again coffee pot visit wildwood home away from home mini fridge sandbox shiv pet
Selected filters
Reviewed May 29, 2017

Let me begin this review by stating that I generally never write reviews. I joined TripAdvisor specifically to share my overwhelmingly positive experience with the Sandbox Motel. My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sandbox for two days and one night the Thursday and Friday before Memorial Day weekend this year. As soon as we walked into the office to check in, we were greeted by the friendly receptionist, who informed us that we had received a room upgrade free-of-charge. We had initially booked a standard room with a full-size bed because of the low price, but the upgrade gave us a room with a king-size bed, a kitcheonette, and a futon. The owner of the motel was also in the office when we checked in, and he was extremely pleasant and helpful. It was clear from his demeanor and speech that he took a great amount of pride in his motel. He provided us with information about the nearest grocery store, liquor store, and restaurants. He also gave us directions for getting to the beach and boardwalk from the hotel (a simple 10-15 minute walk). The room itself was nice. It was evident that it was an older motel, but everything was immaculately clean and functional, and the bed was very comfortable. The atmosphere at the motel was tranquil and cozy; there were no rowdy guests and, although we didn't swim at all during our stay, the pool/hot tub seemed well-maintained. The Wi-Fi was free, speedy, and easy-to-access. I have been coming to Wildwood since I was a little girl, but this was my boyfriend's first time at the Jersey Shore. I can't thank the Sandbox enough for giving him a wonderful first Wildwood experience! We will definitely be coming back soon!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank KMarzinsky
Reviewed May 26, 2017 via mobile

Showed up and they upgraded my room no charge was a Nice clean place. Service was great will definitely​ stay again.wawa and walmart is close by which is very convenient.couldnt think of a bad thing to say about the sandbox.

Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank Sightseer711978
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

We booked at the Sand Box motel for 3 nights initially because of the good deal and pool.
I have to say that this was the best motel experience I ever had! When we arrived the gentleman at the front desk was extremely welcoming and gave us a lot of recommendations on places to check out! We were given great service the entire time.
The room was a bit dated, but super clean and very comfortable during our stay. You can tell they have done some updates over recent years. Many cable channels too!
The motel is walking distance to an Acme and had a liquor store next door that offers a discount for motel guests! Also a short drive to the beach.
We will absolutely be staying with Sand Box again!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank pbthompson18
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

I booked the Sand Box Motel for three nights. When checking in, the front desk staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a room on the second floor, when walking into the room for the first time there was an odd odor, and the connecting door to the room next to us did not close fully. This was due to the foam they poorly stuffed and taped in between the two doors. We suspect that the odor came from the foam or the carpet. Motels, especially pet friendly ones should not have carpet. We could clearly hear everything that the people in the other room were saying. However since we were only staying for three nights we didn't ask to change rooms, plus you get what you pay for ($70 per night is pretty cheap). The room came with a nice mini fridge and microwave. Also had a working air conditioner. When the maids cleaned the room daily, they did not change the sheets. Not really sure what they were coming into "clean", only thing the maid did was take the garbage. For an area with so many other motels. I would probably stay somewhere else next time. I previously stayed at the Aztec Motel which was around the same price, closer to the beach, and much cleaner.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole K
Reviewed May 8, 2017

The people at the front desk were very helpful, the room was clean and had extra pillows, bathroom was small but had everything we needed. we did have a little trouble with our cold water in the shower but was fixed within an hour. Did I mention that the people at the front desk were wonderful. we will be back again!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple