“Terrible!”
Review of Seaport Aquarium

Seaport Aquarium
Ranked #6 of 38 things to do in Wildwood
Reviewed July 13, 2013

On our second rainy day in Wildwood we decided to go to the Aquarium. We've been to WW for a few years, but never went. My son loves animals and we figured it would be a nice way to escape the weather. We left depressed. The place was dirty! There were 3 alligators in a way-too-small and filthy tank. Some animals weren't there at all. We enjoyed the turtles in the koi pond. That was the ONLY tank that looked reasonably well kept. I wouldn't go back again just because I can't see helping this place stay in business. I wish I would have read the reviews prior. We were both sad for the afternoon....

7  Thank btgand

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just had an awful experience. The place should be called "Throw your money away here." The service is unprofessional bordering on "hey, this is a stick-up, it's a miracle I'm awake." Is being stoned a prequesite for taking care of animals? No, say animal rights groups.

Let me give you a quick tour: dirty & dull displays, poorly lit, unpleasant staff, very limited variety, unsafe electric outlets and, basically, a rip off!

I will make sure to tell anyone I know to never set a foot in this place.

My only hope is that this most disappointing place gets a surprise visit from business and/or animal care authorities.

9  Thank Ketute
Reviewed July 11, 2013

The place has no air conditioning so if it is a hot day you will not find any relief in here. I literally sweated off 5 pounds while I was inside. Those poor animals. Are the alligators even real?? I swear I stared at them for 5 minutes and they didn't even move at all. Ever hear of Windex to clean the glass every now and then so I can see the animals clearly??

2  Thank AMSZEG
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a horrible place...I felt so bad for the animals. Filthy and disgusting, not sure why they are still in business. Their were 2 alligators in this little room with no room to move. There were open cans of paint nearby and the whole place smelled like fumes. I was afraid to touch anything and it was really dark and dismal. I've seen alot of complaints on line...not sure why they are still in business. I would not support this business....

5  Thank Janice L
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Maybe I should've expected it. Don't get me wrong, a small aquarium on the boardwalk may have some appeal but I think there is so much more room for improvement. The place is dark and hot (then again it was a 95 degree day). The tanks don't seem to be too well kept. The glass tanks were very dirty, so don't plan on taking pictures. The touch the tail of a 2 foot nurse shark probably wouldn't appeal to much unless you are 5 years old or so. The koi pond seemed pretty cool. Lovely colors and display was great. It was definitely the highlight. The three alligators also added some cool factor but they were just there hanging out and again the glass was filthy. Though, there was one bubbly worker there that was super knowledgeable about the animals there. Spoke as if she had a passion for it, which is always nice to see. if you are really into marine/reptiles I say go for it, otherwise get some ice cream :)