“Home away from Home”

Sea Kist Motel
Sea Kist Motel
Ranked #20 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I love staying at the Sea Kist Motel. The owner, Ann, Is an awesome person. She cares so much about her clients. She is very professional, however her kindness is a wonderful treat. She wants everyone to be comfortable and to feel safe. It is a really clean facility and the cleaning staff are really personable as well. I have stayed at the Sea Kist for over 10 years now and would never consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Linda H

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have a unique experience here....my family has known the Blubaugh family since they bought the Seakist in the 80's. I stayed with them every year with my family. I was fortunate enough to live in WIldwood in my college years and I worked for Ann the 1st year. There is no one I know who takes more pride in her business. I've grown up with her children and they have the same work ethic. The rooms are spotless and and the pool area is awesome. I now have the pleasure of taking my husband and my 2 year old to my home away from home every summer!!! You will not be disappointed, I promise.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Maggie G
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We read the reviews on this place before we decided to stay here and saw sooo many compliments and sooo many ppl as returning guests. The reviews did not steer us wrong the least bit.

The staff was extremely friendly and even though we stayed during the "off season" we were still treated just as important. The owner was such a sweetheart and made sure we were satisfied everyday. She asked if we ever stayed in Wildwood and we told her yes, she just wanted to make sure we knew our way around.

Upon entering our room we were met with a big room with a kitchen that was very clean and spacious. I realized that she accidentally gave us a 2 bed room instead of a 1 bed and when I mentioned it to her she refunded the money and let us keep the room.

The location is great, only 2 blocks past rio grande and the convention center. Its right on ocean ave so the boardwalk is right there. We walked to the beach and walked back barefoot to the hotel.

We will definitely be staying here again not just for the price and location but for the extremely friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Madeofdreams26
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This place renewed my love for Wildwood. I was not 'dragged here' every year like so many of my contemporaries was. So for me, its still kinda new.

This motel, sitting right on the border of Wildwood and Wildwood Crest, is perfect. It is closer to what people may consider the 'nicer end' of the island, but close to the start of the Boardwalk, so you dont need to drive to get to the piers, the beach, etc.

Motel staff was wonderful, and the rooms, well, were extraordinary! Not that they offered alot more than other places, but these were clean beyond belief! You will be made to feel at home, and its the kind of place which will truly foster this feeling.

I hope to visit many times in the future!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Victor_French
Reviewed March 27, 2013

You wont find a better place to stay, it is very clean, it features attentive and personable staff, and great location. All at extremely competetive prices. I have looked at a number of other local lodging options, but keep coming back here. The SeaKist cant be beat! Cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: No rooms are bad!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank EJLurker
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have stayed at the Sea Kist quite a few times, never disappointed. We had about 50 family members stay this past weekend, all were happy with their stay. The rooms are spotless, comfortable beds and pillows, great deck with two gas grills. Each room has a kitchenette which is very helpful when staying more than a day or two. Conveniently located across the street from the beach at the end of the boardwalk with plenty of stores/restaurants in walking distance. Ann always has a smile on her face and is always making sure you're happy and having a good time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MadeleneN
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The motel staff is very friendly. We were able to get an early check-in on the day of arrival. Overall good motel. Room is clean and has amenities a family of 5 needs (refrigerator, microwave and stove). Bathroom is small but has plenty of storage. Very close to the beach.

On the downside, the pool is very small. We knew this coming in and didn't think it would be a big deal. However, it felt a little uncomfortable once the other guests joined us in the pool. We felt like the kids were disrupting everyone's relaxation.

The maid service wasn't that great. I think all she did was fix the beds and give us new towels. She didn't dust, mop or wash the dishes.

We paid $135 a night for 3 nights during labor day weekend. Great price.

• Stayed: September 2012