“A Wildwood gem, perfect for families.”
Review of Sunflower Motel

Sunflower Motel
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stayed here with my wife (we are in our 30's) and and 3yr old twins for 4 nights over the July 4th weekend. There are two features that distinguish this motel from others in the Wildwoods (and the Jersey Shore). First and foremost are the owners - Sandra and Ernie are even more fantastic in person than the glowing reviews here indicate. Their presence and energy create a wonderfully relaxed family atmosphere.

The second feature is the cleanliness. This is a Wildwood Motel, so the furnishings are extremely dated and if you are looking for luxury this is not for you... and frankly Wildwood may not be for you. That being said, I have stayed in many luxury hotels that do not even come close to the cleanliness of The Sunflower. The daily made service is excellent and something to keep in mind when considering whether to stay here or rent a condo. Beyond the daily maid service Sandra and Ernie keep up on the common areas almost around the clock.

During two nights of our trip we had a wonderful singer/guitar player who was a guest at the hotel give a fantastic concert poolside. It really added to the very friendly atmosphere here. It's nice to drink a can or two of beer on your porch at night (glass is not allowed on the porches, but Good Night Irene's 2 blocks away has a great selection of craft beers in cans). This is by no means are party motel, if I were in my 20's going with some buddies, I would stay elsewhere.

My only note here would be that they should add wifi. When I booked I thought it would be relaxing to "unplug"... unfortunately in this day and age my children have become too accustomed to their devices that run on wifi. The Sunflower is a small cozy motel, and adding wifi would not be that much of a challenge for them.

The location is great, and this was one of the most enjoyable family vacations we have ever had. I can't wait to go back next year.

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor, but will try and book on the first to cut down on the stairs for my yo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank joeyelbows

Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I haven't been to Wildwood since we were young and decided to return with our kids and stay at the Sunflower Motel where he used to go with his parents and family. Hoping it would still be a memorable place, we were pleasantly surprised to find such a homelike motel. The owners welcomed us with a friendly smile and the deluxe efficiency room was extremely clean with a kitchenette, mini fridge & microwave. The bathroom was also spotless! No smoking is allowed in the rooms, which I think is a plus, especially if you're bringing kids. The daily room service was also great. The environment was very family oriented and the pool was heated and clean. We even enjoyed a singer perform next to the pool one night for all the guests to enjoy.
The boardwalk is a short block away, right in between two piers. We will definitely be returning to this motel and recommend it to family and friends! Thank you Sandra and Ernie for making our stay pleasurable!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank 310_marg_A
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As always, we had a fantastic time for our vacation! We hate to leave this wonderful place, its like leaving family behind for another year. Sondra and Ernie are the nicest people you will ever meet and their motel and the comfort and fun of their guests is the most important thing to them. It's like visiting family that goes out of their way to make you enjoy your vacation, but these folks do it for all their guests and for many weeks and months out of the year. obviously this is a great place to come to, because every year we see the same people come here, it's our meeting place lol. NICE AND CLEAN. I hate to post this because I'm afraid this will become so popular that I won't get my room next year. Thank you again Sondra and Ernie, we will see you next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darlene K
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was a wonderful place to stay; it had a very home-like feeling. After spending the day at the bored walk or beach, I couldn't wait to get back to my suite to relax! The view on both the front and back porches were beautiful and I can hardly wait until January when I can book a suite for my friends and myself for next summer!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our family stayed here in August 2012. Just wanted to say Thank You Sandra and Ernie for another GREAT week in Wildwood. Have been going to the Sunflower for years. Always stay in an apartment. Very spacious and clean. Close to boardwalk and beach. We can park the car and walk to any place we want. Love the heated pool. See you next August.

Room Tip: Very Clean
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cindy b
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here during the NJ Firemen's Convention. As always, this motel was very clean. I stayed in an apartapartment and there was lots of room. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. They make you feel like family. The pool was very clean and is truly heated.
They love to give out free pens and post cards. I am so glad to have found this place and I will stay here every year!

Room Tip: Book early. Have a bigger group, try the apartments.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mrgeev
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family stayed here in August of 2012. This is a small,older but well maintained motel in Wildwood.This was my first return to Wildwood in over 20 years and we stayed here based on tripadvisor reviews.The motel was very clean ,it was a little small for what I'm used to but I usually stay in timeshare hotels or resorts so it would be unfair to compare this place to those stays.The owner and her husband were very nice and personable folks,We had some nice conversations with them while we were there, any small issues were quickly taken care of. Good a/c and it was a very hot week when we were there.Great shower, nice sundeck , no rowdies staying here. The pool was nice,modern and very clean.It's about 1/2 block from the boardwalk and is near all the action.I will probably look for larger accomodations next time ,but if you are used to staying in a motel ,you won't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family