“Had a blast”

Ranked #27 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
New York City, New York
“Had a blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for the very first time the room was a nice standard room with two double beds very clean which is very important the floor had nice tile easy to clean up after the kids. The pool was small but nice for my familey the staff was very pleasant they made my stay even better thank you . We allready booked for next year we can not wait see you then, again thank you the Ford familey.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank tred1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Exton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

My sister and I wanted to take our kids to Wildwood for a few days of vacation; we researched a few places near the boardwalk, and saw a place called the Brittany Motel. It looked really nice, so we called to make reservations for 2 rooms. They were booked on the dates we wanted to stay, but said that their "sister" motel, the Skylark, had availability, and was I interested in that? I asked, very specifically, about the Skylark - was it nice, newly renovated, safe, clean, etc. I was very emphatically told that it was a wonderful motel, newly renovated and great for kids. My sister and I looked it up on line, and it looked ok for our purposes. So, we booked the rooms. Then the date arrives that we get into Wildwood and we find our motel .. to our horror, it was not what we had been told it would be. We should have known that we were going to be very unhappy when a very nice lady came in the door behind us, with her key in her hand, and handed the key over to the girl at the desk and said "we will NOT stay here, we're going someplace else", and left. So we checked in, got our keys and went to our rooms. Once we got into the rooms, it was extremely clear that we had been victims of false advertising! The rooms SMELLED to high heaven - of what, we cannot say. No phone, the lamps were not plugged in, the rugs had unidentifiable stains on them. No clock. While the sheets were clean, as was the shower, the beds were hard as rocks and unsleepable. The doors were rickety and the locks were in no way sturdy. As a matter of fact, the door to my sister's room would not even close without being strongly tugged on. On top of that, the chain on the inside of her door was completely broken out, as if someone had kicked the door in and blew the chain mechanism off the door. The shower in the bathroom was smaller than an airline bathroom, there were cigarette burns on the sink and furniture in the room. The furniture was old, scarred and mismatched and sticky. Just terribly nasty. Not only were my sister and I horrified and disgusted, but our children were as well, referring to the motel as "the ghetto". We packed up the next day and found a nice place in Wildwood Crest to stay for the rest of our time in Wildwood, and checked out of "the ghetto" as fast as we possibly could. We are filing disputes with our credit card company to get the money we paid refunded, but even if we don't get the money back it will have been worth paying for another place to stay to get us out of that crap hole. I would never recommend this place to anyone, not even someone I disliked. It is horrible.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
8 Thank Meg1129
pennsyvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

We stayed in a room with 2 double beds.The rooms are very outdated. The bathroom was extremely small. Probably no bigger than 6'x6'. Toilet , small vanity and a small shower no tub. They had tape holding the front of the shower to the side. The beds were ok. The location of the motel is close to the beach and boardwalk.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple