“Never, Never, Never stay here!!! This place should be closed”
Review of Binns Motor Inn

Binns Motor Inn
Ranked #12 of 16 Wildwood B&B and Inns
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Never, Never, Never stay here!!! This place should be closed”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This place should be condemned; the conditions of this hotel is horrible. The rooms are dirty,and their are holes in the floor, the locks on the doors do not work. There was no lights in the room. I can't believe this place is still operating. The front desk clerk is rude and is unwilling to assist guests, she refused to contact the manager to resolve several issues. The state of New Jersey should close down this place, License and Inspections would find many violations in this horrible, filthy place.

Room Tip: "Rooms are dirty", no good rooms period. Every guest complained while we were there
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Chada W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Paris, France
Reviewed May 28, 2012

If you’re confirmed at this place, be prepared for headaches! License & Inspection/OSHA/ADA should really take a good look at this place.

I confirmed my reservation via Expedia for two nights at the rate of $118 + taxes for a Deluxe Two Full Beds with a Sofa Bed, Kitchenette & Small Frig. I paid extra for this upgraded room. I end up getting a king bed at the beginning and then moved to a standard two full beds ONLY. Was my rate changed because I was downgraded? No.

Alexandra at the front desk didn’t honor the rate of $118 and told me that my rate is $165.10 per night plus taxes. That’s an extra $50 + taxes per night. Why? “because we don’t work with Expedia. They only pull from our database. They don’t know what they’re doing. You’re not the first customer that this happened too. This has been going on for a while. I’ve cancelled a lot of reservations because of this. If you want, I can cancel your reservation and refund your deposit.” I KNOW how the system works, I encounter with Expedia on a daily basis so all of these are just BS excuses!

We drove 2 hours to get here with our kids and have other prearranged plans to do around the area. We weren’t happy with the rate situation, so we wanted to speak to a manager. Alan Cooper (GM) was at the property. I’ve asked Alexandra to call him SEVERAL times because I wanted to talk to him. He never show up/call me. I end up paying the higher rate, which I’m still disappointed. It’s just plain bad business practice. I’ve booked four weeks in advance and the property had enough time to get this situation fixed prior to my arrival. It’s a breach in the contract/confirmation without proper compensation!

Cons-
• Only ONE person is working at the front desk during the busy Memorial weekend. Who’s also a reservation agent, a PBX operator & a manager on duty.

• Call numerous of times in the morning to reconfirm a reservation. When someone finally picks up, I was asked to call back 10-15 minutes later because she’s “busy”.

• Not Kids/ADA friendly. Atmosphere is like the show Jersey’s Shore. Loud music, alcohol in hands, people making out in public despite security personnel on duty.

• No elevators, small ramp for wheelchair which is blocked by parked cars.

• Binns Room #229: they DO have***BLOOD*** stain on one of the comforter and yellow stains on the other comforter. Holes in the ceiling & wall, rusty/moldy sink & tub. Three dingy towels with Dials bar soaps only, plastic cups. 19 in. tube TV with a dusty cabinet. Remote control available upon request. Dirty/noisy mattress and stains all over the carpet. Despite the no smoking sign, people smoke in their rooms which carry into the hallway.

• Binns Room #229: they DO NOT have: phone, hangers, safe, deadbolt lock, peephole, shampoo, and conditioner.

• If you’re under 25 Yrs Old, there’s a $50 security deposit!

• Beer cans and bottles could be found throughout the hallways/parking area.

• Rude/Unhelpful/Unprofessional Staff. Instead of helping the line of guest in front of her, she taking reservations calls (one call took 15 minutes) or having personal conversation.

• GM is MIA. Letting the line staff taking all the heats from unhappy guests!

Pro-
• Great Location-only two blocks from the boardwalk/Morey’s Pier
• Outdoor Pool
• Free Parking for 1st car, additional car is $20. Additional parking lot is at 216 Lincoln Ave (2 blocks from hotel).

I will NEVER stay at this place again! It’s just plain gross and I hope I didn’t bring any bedbugs home!

I didn’t get any compensation, and I don’t expect to get any with this GM running this place! and NO I wasn't smoking marijuana or was evicted from the hotel.

Overall horrible customer service and products!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank tantam0unt

Travelers are raving about these Wildwood hotels

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2012

This place was the most disgusting place in the World!!! I have never been any any motel/hotel so dirty and filthy like this. Please, stay away! The beds were disgusting and hard. The bathroom was filthy. I mean seriously there was no maid service. No clean towels. When we went in there wasn't light! They had to bring me a lamp! I came to Wildwood for a family vacation and even though we had fun when we were out once we came to sleep is when the danger began. I have to say it is cheap, since the boardwalk is only a block away. However, I will never stay here and rather pay more elsewhere to make sure I have a good time with my fam. The place was full of young kids who partied all Night! Yelling and screaming in the hallways. Slamming doors, and knocking on peoples door. It was the worse ever. Please stay away....please, please, please do not bring your children. I made the mistake to bring my baby , but glad i brought her pack and play. Stay away from this disgusting, filthy place full og young ignorant youngsters.

Room Tip: Please, please, please stay away from the binns/bonito motel inn. It is a horrible filthy place to s...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank vivi d
West Norriton, PA
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We booked the hotel prior to reading all the reviews on here so going in we were expecting the worse & it really wasnt bad. The beds were brand new, the room was clean, the staff was nice & it served its purpose. 2 girls in Wildwood for the beach & a night out. it was 2 blocks from the beach & boardwalk. If you are looking for somewhere for the family this may not be the place but if your looking for a place to basically crash & shower then it was worth it for the price & the location!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Expensive and very dirty...nowhere to put anything...no pole to hang things in the little so called closet area...bathroom had mold on the shower curtain...sink and tub stained yellow/black so were the walls. Carpet was BAD...no curtains...people up all night running through the halls and outside our ground floor window messing with our cars in the parking lot...really bad place...would never go there again...wish I would have looked before I paid...no ammenities at all except the pool which was probably the cleanest place of the place!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank bigsiser10
Reviewed June 27, 2011

The worst experience, in one night cops came for bed bugs, kids recking the place all hours of the night and almost a fire, the kids set the fire estinguishers off and caused people to inhale it. And some passed out. Will never stay there again, this is a party motel not a place to take a family

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank paneeeeena
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 27, 2011

At 5 pm, my husband and I noticed a bedbug crawling on the pillow. I took the bedbug to the front desk and asked for te management or owner. They replyed by telng me he has no way of contacting th owner and did not know who the owner was. I told him we were leaving due to this and asked for a refund, and he said he could only offer us another room. He was not able to give us a refund. We were with a party of 10 other rooms, as the news of bedbugs spread everyone started checking their beds and several more rooms had them as well. At that point, we asked to see the certificate that cleared them from the health department and he did not know where it was kept. He claimed there was no management on site and he had no way to contact them? Really who signs your pay check?We had called the police out and asked what we could do. The police officers showed up and they called the health department , but apparently they had them on file already. So why are they still open? Everyone that stayed there either had to switch a room or had a complaint. The lobby smelled like marijuana. They handed out dirty towels that didnt belong to the motel. The pools were filled with green alage. The swimming pools ladder was broken.The shower water was coming out brown. There was mold on the walls.Stained sheets and mattresses.Please beware when deciding to stay at Binns & Bonita Motor Inn. Not only do they have bedbugs, they are very aloof when responding to customers. Not to mention very dirty!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family