“This is the worst place I ever tried to eat at”

Rusty Rudder Restaurant
Ranked #125 of 159 Restaurants in Wildwood
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Seating, Waitstaff
Whitehall, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is the worst place I ever tried to eat at”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

PLEASE do NOT EAT HERE. The food was the WORST I EVER HAD IN MY LIFE. The selection was TERRIBLE. You may spend the night THROWING UP and the nest day on the toilet like I had too.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank n o

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“This place should not be open - shame on the hotel it is located in.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This place is obviously trying to compete with their next-door neighbor "The Red Oak Restaurant" (which is also a breakfast buffet); so they're offering an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for $6.99. As it is located within the "Beach Terrace Motor Inn", we expected the quality to be good. WRONG! Although the selection of items was okay, the food was, at best, mediocre but not piping hot as one would expect. Both the mushrooms and tomatoes at the omelet station were canned, not fresh (and I suspect the egg mixture was also processed.)
There was no decor (the place reminded me more of a high school lunch room - and an old one at that!) This is unacceptable for a hotel's restaurant. As a lover of buffets, both my wife and I were sorely disappointed. My recommendation would be to eat somewhere else!!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Rick-Christine
Brooklyn, New York
“DISAPPOINTED!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My husband loves a buffet so since they advertised alcoholic beverages available we decided to try this place. After depositing more quarters than I can count in a meter seven blocks away (25cents for 7 minutes in Wilwood) we got to the "buffet." They explained there was no alcohol and that was a shame because that may have saved the food!!! They said they were getting alcohol but the ads in thr local papers advertise now--misleading? false?

The food was awful and ruined the last night of our vacation.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Julia A
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Ditto”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

After pulling up the restaurant to leave a review I see that I am not in the minority. To quote my wife after leaving- "I feel like I'm going to throw up after that horrible food". I found it edible. Why mess up the easiest thing on a menu?! French fries- brought out cold and tasted like those shoe string things you get in a can. Anyway, all in all, disappointing. A shame- there are still few places to enjoy "up here".

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank hoodat
Mays Landing, New Jersey
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had not been here for 2 years. They updated the place a bit. You now pay on the way in and the layout has changed. I only was here for breakfast so I can't comment on dinner. I think many reviewers do not consider that you are getting all you can eat for less than the cost of an omelet at other restaurants. The food is ok. I would recommend waffles and omelets that are made while you wait. It is fast, and you are eating within a few minutes of entry. For this price you are not getting a gourmet meal. Bottom line is the Rusty Rudder is fast and cheap, but don't expect great food.

• Visited June 2014