“Don't need to say a thing!”
Review of Wildwood Beach

Wildwood Beach
Ranked #1 of 38 things to do in Wildwood
More attraction details
Owner description: A wide beach that appeals to families.
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great beach...still free! Usually the beach is clean, ocean was very nice and clean this past week...no jelly fish, and dolphins were swimming close by.... Highly recommend!

1  Thank Queenie1119
Write a ReviewReviews (1,568)

Reviewed July 1, 2012

In my past reviews I have admitted to being a clean freak and quite anal about that particular area. I must admit that my road trip to both Cape May and Wildwood was interesting to say the least. We left from Lewes, DE. on the ferry which was very quaint. We took the family and it was our very first trip over to Cape May. Once there we were told that NJ Beaches charge a fee with the exception of Wildwood and the Lighthouse (walking only no swimming beach) Before 3:45pm there is a $5.00 per person charge over a certain age to just step foot on the beach. They had people stationed to make certain that you could not even see the water unless you paid. This is in addition to metered parking on the streets. Cape May seemed very welcoming for romantic journeys for couples, although we did see may children in the pools. We decided to go to Wildwood which was about 20 minutes away. There was metered parking there and the boardwalk seemed ok, bu the beach was less than to be desired. I did not mind the walk to get to the water which seemed weird that it was (in looking) far from the boardwalk, but upon walking, there seem to be no trash cans. Now this point may seem mute, but when you consider the distance fromthe boardwalk and how poeple can get a bit relaxed to the point of not wanting to return to the boardwalk to buy or dispose of items, then you will understand my statements. The beach was littered with everything from undershirts to cigars and those plastic cigarette mouth pieces, to soda bottles and cans. And that was the walk to the water. In the water it looked like there was a brown foam that kept washing ashore to mingle with the rest of the litter that had been inadvertently left by sunbathers. I guess after hearing rumors of the filth of Jersey shores and the hypodermic needles, I may be a bit paranoid so take this review with a grain of salt, however with my kids, I did not feel that this was the healthiest of places to frolic. Been to Rehoboth Beach in DE, and Ocean City, MD and while they are in no means able to be compared to the islands or Mexico, they seem cleaner even though they are just a ferry trip away from NJ. I'm certain that Wildwod is a better beach than Atlantic City's, but for me I am ok with not returning.

1  Thank Redreb
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the distance between the boardwalk and the ocean. I have been going here since I was little. I think that the distance is not that long and people should not be lazy. Remember you are on vacation and should be enjoying the scenery. If you want a shorter beach to go to Stone Harbor or some place where you can be on top of someone else. In Wildwood's beach you have a nice space between people. And the beach is free.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We are faithful Ocean City beachgoers. Went to Wildwood for Beach Blast. Beach cannot compare to OC. Sand is packed hard and far away from boardwak/hotel.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Nice sand, doesn't feel overcrowded, but OOHHHH that walk! What a hike from the boardwalk to the shore. Make sure you pack all that you'll need, because you won't want to have to run back to your hotel for anything! Nice that it's free, though.

1  Thank jldish22