“wildwod, NJ”

Ranked #25 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Andover
“wildwod, NJ”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Building was in poor condition and my room had electrical outlets that did not work and were loose in the wall.
Would not recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Charles P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bronx
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I would go back again! The hotel was close to the boardwalk and beach. Everything was close by and the people were very nice

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I am suprised at the many negative comments about this hotel. I think it is because this is a 2.5 or 3 star property but in the summer the rates are $225-$350, clearly on the high side for the quality and amenities offered. However, ALL the motels in this area in the summer charge the same rates and we walked around the area a lot and did not see one property that appeared to be glaringly better than this one.

Here is what is good about hotel- the location. Exactly where you want to stay. The boardwalk starts right at this hotel. The beach is also right in front. The view- we had a city/pool view, on the third floor, and had a great view of the pool, the bbq area, the other hotels in area and even the ocean. I really enjoyed this view. Our room (#320) was def an older room that other reviews describe- however we were happy with it as well. The air worked great, kept the bedroom chilly and did make its way into the main living area (also fan in living room) We liked having the full kitchen. The bathroom was small but functional. The couch and rug did have stains on them but we never felt creeped out by it- these things happen in a hotel! And the sofa bed was quite comfy! The beds in the room were very comfy. We all slept great each night. We also liked having two TVs.

Other perks are two nice pools (yes, they were clean, and one even overlooks the ocean!) There is also a great bbq area with tables for families to use.

The negatives of this hotel are no breakfast offered, we had to ask the cleaners for new coffee and toilet paper each day instead of them just leaving it- but they were really nice about it. Who wasn't nice suprisingly was the woman who checked me in- but since she was the manager according to her name tag and the business cards on the desk, I didn't bother complaining. However she wasn't friendly at all- a smile or a quick welcome would have been appreciated. Also the pool closed at 8:00- a little early if you ask me.

As for the area- this place is for FAMILIES! We are a family of three and my 10 y.o. loved it here. The water and beach are great and prices are friendly too- you can get a cone for $1 and a hot dog with coke for $1.25. Also bring your own food and use the bbq if you are on a budget, other families were and their dinners looked great! The boardwalk was like a mini Las Vegas for kids. The people who worked the stores were very polite and really engaged the kids. The rides on the boardwalk could get pricey but these areas had lots of free stuff too- performers, etc. Everyone seemed safe to walk.

We loved Wildwood Beach. There are loads of family friendly accomodations in the area and Days Inn is one of them. In fact we will stay there next year and even ask for the same room!

Room Tip: Unless you want a private balconey, ALL rooms face the ocean here to a degree.
1 Thank hotellovingmom
AimingToPlease, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Wildwood, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your candid and thorough review of our Wildwood property. Your review covered many topics applicable to visitors of both the area in general and our specific property.

In addition, I would like to add an apology. It seems both my staff and I fell short of providing you with the customer service that is so very important to us. I will have to first apologize that our room attendant did not replenish your toiletries on a daily basis. This is not their normal practice and is certainly an important element of your stay with us. I was however relieved to see that, as you mentioned, she was able to provide them upon your request.

It seems that I made the first impression upon you at check in. I am typically the first to offer a jovial smile and welcome, so I was flaberghasted when I read your contrasting comment. I apologize that you felt I was anything less than friendly. It is my personal goal to always put my best face forward when I encounter our visitors and to make each and every one feel as a welcome guest in my home. Sometimes there are requests that cannot be met, despite all good intentions. I wondered if this was the circumstance in your case.... Still, it is of important personal value that I extend an apology to your sincere comment about your experience.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Days Inn here in Wildwood, New Jersey!!! I couldn't be happier that your overall experience would bring you back a second time to stay with us.