“Very helpful , friendly staff!”

Days Inn & Suites Wildwood
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed November 15, 2011

We stayed over one night.The suite was clean,we did not use the AC but I noticed that the unit is located in the bedroom only,how it cools the whole unit remains to be seen,there is a ceiling fan over the kitchen table located in the larger room,and a electric floor heater along the front wall,windows are sealed shut.
What they call an oceanview room is very debatable,not what I call Oceanview! The view was at a 45 degree angle framed by building and hotel accoss street.

This is a typical beach resort town 1960 motel,nothing more....You are paying for location not ammenities.

Bed was considered hard,towels were thin and car wash ready,very limited channel selection,and sleeper sofa was extremely worn. I would look elsewhere first!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rockiie

Reviewed November 11, 2011

My family and I stayed here last night for my nephew's graduation from the Coast Guard. Our room was much nicer than we expected! It was like a pleasant surprise when we walked into a pretty big room, especially after being crammed in the car for about 8 hours. We only stayed overnight, but it was comfortable and clean. We had free internet access, which was nice because I still had to get directions to the Graduation Ceremony, but later found out they provided this at the front desk. It was not far from the Performing Arts Center where the ceremony was held or the Coast Guard Base, where we had to return our nephew afterwards to pick up his things. We were very happy to say the least and I just wanted other people to know about our wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank william k
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My family and I had a wonderful time in Wildwood and I was extremely pleased with the room. The room was clean and comfortable. It was in a great location and the front desk was extremely helpful. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2011
8  Thank rthomas64
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Just after we checked in, I told the front desk, "I'm not upset about it, but your next guest might. The lamp by the couch , while completely functional, appears to require repair." We then went out to dinner, & when we got back to our room, we found that the lamp had been replaced. This was a clear example of customer service that exceeded expectations..

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Al R
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Been staying here for about 9 years now ONLY because it's across from the convention center. This place has the potential to be really nice but the third-world cleaning staff is slowly letting this place become a dump. Over the years I've noticed that the rooms are increasingly dirty, we always stay in a different room and about the only thing the "cleaning people" do is take out the garbage and change the bed. The tubs and showers are dirty. The kitchen is dirty. The tile flooring in the bathroom and kitchen area is filthy. The bathroom has mold in the shower and in the shower head, nothing is ever wiped off - I know this because first thing I always do is wipe down the top of the backsplash in the bathroom and it's always filthy. There is so much lint and stuck on goop all over the hair dryer cord that it looks like it's got fur. There is hair all over - on the walls too. The towels always have long black hair stuck in them which is DISGUSTING. Every corner in the room is caked with filth, I am not exaggerating. The whole bottom of the wall below the window in the bedroom we stayed in this year had mold growing on it so I'm assuming the window leaks. The knobs are broken off of the lamps and 2 of the electrical outlets were broken and moved when you plugged anything into them. The owner seems arrogant and this is a ridiculously expensive place for what you get. Had to tell the "cleaning person" 4 TIMES in 1 HOUR that she needed to come back, didn't speak English so I guess that was the problem. Next year we are staying somewhere else!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Thomas P
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Was easy to book this room over the internet....price was decent. (I now dont feel i got what i paid for after i saw the real room) Booked what was suppose to be ocean view room and was not, wasn't surprising as I have had that happen before when internet booking, best to call hotel yourself to get better room. (i saw the better ocean view rooms while i was there and the only difference was they had a private balcony overlooking the water and two flat screen TV's, looked alittle better maintained but still old!) This hotel is in a terrific location for the beach and wildwood boardwalk!!!!!! One pool was heated and they were clean and enjoyable. Room had kitchenette, two double beds, livingroom and two tvs as promised, (great size)but condition is poor at best! This hotel is WORN OUT and need completely redone....mattresses hard as a rock and cheap! Refridge had big dent on side of it and sounded like it was on its last leg, it was so loud - had to mess with the door to make it rattle less. Ceiling fan in bathroom didnt work at all so we had to leave the bathroom door open when we showered so we didnt pass out! Very few cable channels, high speed internet was VERY slow connection. All the hinges and metal was rusted and pitted including the toilet paper holder!!! Table was stained and coming apart and one of the chairs had a badly bent leg (obviously was old damage that was poorly repaired, looks like that is what hit the side of the re-fridge!) Couch fabric was dirty, several stains on carpet, kitchen cabinets falling off the wall. Stove was gross and didnt work until we discovered it had been turned off at circuit breaker, ruined one mornings breakfast. Appliances cheapest u could get.....like a ten dollar toaster! pots and pans were dirty and old, No spatula! (had to request one) Staff at front desk very friendly and nice, but the cleaning staff was not friendly and forgot to take our garbage two days in a row! (we stayed five days) Rooms were not finished being cleaned well into the late afternoon (after 4pm) Room was clean as far as that goes, no bugs or anything but really was NOT up to the quality of a Days Inn! Outside grills were disgusting and several of the outside floors, carpets and elevators were in very poor condition! Outside patio furniture was very old and gross, only several tables by one pool were newer and of course they were always taken. Also pool was only open till 7pm making it hard to get pool time after spending the day out. I had a wonderful vacation but spent most of it Not in my Hotel room. Was suppose to be restaurant there and it even had a picture on the website, but that restaurant is actually down the block! and the workout room well it was a closet that nobody ever used and was starting to also be used for storage by the hotel and was locked, hence it was not usable by us! I would NEVER stay here again unless they redid the place......it is OLD, Broken and getting Gross! (was once a great place when it was newer, is a terrific location, but those days are gone!)

Room Tip: Best to get ocean view room because other rooms have lovely view of an ugly parking lot!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank laura l
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Finding a great place to stay without having ever been to the place you're going can be challenging. Thanks to Trip Advisor, we were able to find a great place. We really liked staying at the Days Inn. When I made the reservation, they suggested we stay in an ocean view room instead of the poolside room because it is a little bigger. We took their suggestion and are glad we did. We had a beautiful view of the ocean. There are two things that make the Days Inn a great place to stay - location and the size of the rooms. It is located directly across the street from the convention center. The location is perfect - across the street from the beach, the boardwalk, and within walking distance to many of the restaurants we ate at including Goodfish Grill, Jersey Girl, Uncle Tom's Pancake house. Since all their rooms are suites, they are more spacious. Our room had a nice livingroom area, kitchenette, good size bathroom, and a bedroom with two full size beds. I have a couple of complaints, that are really more suggestions. Our room had one a/c unit, which was in the bedroom. The pullout sofa bed was around a corner in the livingroom and the only way that room was cooled was if the a/c was on high - which was too cool for the bedroom. During the day and early evening when we were there, we would open the bedroom window and hotel door so that we could get some fresh air into the room. I wish they had a screen on the front windows so we could have had some privacy instead of having the door open. In other beach hotels I've stayed at, they have had a separate "clothes line" in the shower for you to hang wet bathing suits on. This one did not, and the bow shaped curtain rod made it difficult to hang anything wet since it didn't drip into the tub. The bathroom also needed a ceiling fan. Other than those few things, we were very pleased. We kept the beach stuff in the car each night. They have an elevator but we used the stairs. The pools were nice. We will 100% stay here the next time we come down to Wildwood. It is a great value and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family