“it's all good at the Lu Fran”
Review of Lu Fran Motel

Lu Fran Motel
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed February 27, 2010

From the time I arrived till the time I left.. I had a great time staying in Wildwood at the Lu Fran Hotel! Just accross the street from the ocean and Boardwalk, the hotel was close to everything, the rooms were spotless and comfortable, pool was very nice and I enjoyed having the kitchenette for drinks and snacks. The staff was very helpful in answering all my questions and directing me to great restaurants and things to do. I have stayed there repeatedly since.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mrdr1961

Reviewed February 13, 2010

My family and I have stayed at the LuFran each summer for the past few years and have loved it. The staff is very nice and have always answered our numerous questions about eating out, etc. The hotel is old, HOWEVER is is spotlessly clean and pleasant. We love having the kitchenette part also. Would recommend this to anyone that would like to have the old time Wildwood experience that we all love.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funjetguy
Reviewed August 26, 2009

Please stay away from this hotel. I stayed here many years ago when I was a child and thought it would be a nice place to stay now with my wife. I was wrong.
First, I booked for 2 nights then called back to add another. I was told the extra night I wanted in a basic hotel room was booked and I would have to upgrade to a larger room. Even though I was giving them another night they would not give me a break on the price, plus it did not seem that they were indeed "booked full" on thenight I added.
The rooms are just as I remembered them. By that I mean they are that dated and old looking along with a smell that must have been from "back then".
The kid cleaning the pool is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He seemed very nice but for some reason when he was vaccuuming the steps and I excused myself to walk by him, he gave me the finger behind my back (my wife was watching the whole time.). Then he yelled at my wife to close the room door becuase she will burn out the air conditioning. The door was only open for minute while she went to the frig and who the hell is he to tell her anyway. I complained to the owner and all he said was "well he's never done that before & I haven't had any other complaint & he never has a bad day". No "i'm sorry from him or the kid.
The maids are a good reason not to stay here with your children. They are all very young and very scantaly dressed showing very much skin. One seemed to be dressed more like a prostitute with a see thru top and a very see thru short white shirt showing she was wearing only a black g-string and nothing more. She also seemed to smile a bit while bending or lifting her skirt a bit. Maybe looking for more work then making up the room? Try explaining this to your children as shes bending over while cleaning your room.
There are many reasons not to stay here but you have been forwarned. With so many other hotels to choose from don't waist your money staying here!!!!!!!!!!.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank Cocotel251
Reviewed June 30, 2009

The staff was great. Would go back in a heartbeat.

My friend and I went down this past weekend for a couple days in the sun. We drove down, and looked for hotels. Lu Fran offered us a great deal. We had ample room. Everything was clean. Not the nicest property, or one that I would stay in for a whole week, but was great for a weekend away. They do have a 25+ age rule, which keeps the noise down at night. I was not woken up once (although we were out until 3 at the bar lol). Anyway, great stay, great staff, nice hotel room. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank h20polostar3
Reviewed June 18, 2009

I agree with other reviewers. The owner of this place is not made for that kind of business. He is arrogant, impolite and insultant. This place is old and outdated. We were all frustrated by the owner's policies. Will never go back.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank WolrdTrip
Reviewed September 13, 2008

I probably would NEVER have written this review, but I am a upset at what the owner did to me after we checked out.
When I made the reservation the only room available was an efficiency. O.K. fine not a problem only $15 more a night X 4 = $60. $60 for something I NEVER used. Whatever I needed a room, so I took it. When we opened the door, we were shocked! The rooms are very outdated! Pink and blue bathroom. Mustard yellow kitchen. It seemed clean, but I did have to request the maid to change the sheets because of a stain, which remained on the sheets for a day. I just expected the sheets to be changed daily or bi-daily. We have stayed all over the world in 4-5 star hotels and paid about the same amount of money we paid for this! I have stayed in Super 8 off the highway for $60, which were spotless clean, had am coffee and paper, and internet. I just cannot justify the cost of this place! It is by an imagination's stretch a 1 star and I am being generous! You also have to wear these arm bracelets to use the pool for your entire stay. Supposedly they check everyone's arm for these bracelets. Well not one person at that pool in 4 days had these bracelets on except my family. When we were sitting by the pool this group of obnoxious people started doing flips on the end of the pool. Wetting everyone on the sun chairs, not to mention my laptop was out. But who cares they were having fun without their bracelets on, mind you. People had cell phones, books they were reading etc. They kept on flipping and water was everywhere. Where were the bracelet police then. Nothing was done and the office is steps away from the pool. OK I put my laptop and cell phone away. Still not a problem I guess you can't control your unruly guests, who are disturbing people at the pool.
Here is was the last straw and what sparked me to write this! On the day of check out, I ran into give Donna the owner my key and TV remote and I asked her if I could leave my car there for about 3 hours. Keep in mind it was 10 am check out and you are not allowed to check in until 2 pm Just FYI I would have been gone by 1 pm! She told me I could leave it there for 1 hour but then it had to be moved! I asked where I could park it. She told me at a meter or in a parking lot. For any of you who have gone to the shore, you know the lot rates are about $10. So I opted for the meters. You can only feed them for 2 hours. I also asked Donna if we could hang out by the pool for our remaining hours rather than go to the beach and get all sandy and her reply was When you check out - you check out! NO parking - no pool- you check out! Pretty nice response from someone I just gave about $800 to! By the way the parking lot had plenty of spots and the pool was empty. I guess I just expect the customer service to be a bit better! I honestly could see if it was packed and she couldn't handle the 4 person/1car overload.
Business should be built on great customer service and customer loyalty spread by word of mouth, not people desperate for a hotel room at the Jersey shore. Hopefully this review will spread and my hope is at least 1 person reading this will change their mind about staying at the Lu Fran and if that happens my mission was accomplished. The $2.50 I spent was a small price to pay compared to the negative review thich will grace the pages of this webpage for as long as it is in existence.
All I can say is enjoy your pool, your parking lot, and your bracelets. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank cosambella
Reviewed November 8, 2007

We stay at the Lu Fran many times throughout the summer and have done so for quite a few years.

It is clean and convenient to all the local hot spots. The owners are friendly and fair (there are rules for a reason, people!) The hotel was built in the 50's with most of the original charm still intact (everything is well-maintained and well-kept).

Rooms are cleaned daily and most have a small kitchen (great for bringing back leftovers for late night snacks)

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple