“Good family spot”

Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
rocklandcounty, ny
“Good family spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

This is a very good hotel for family getaways and for an excellent price. The rooms were very clean and the staff very helpful. I will definitely be coming back for the second time around. The only hang up about the hotel is the parking and the smoking around the pool. I am not a fan of cigarette smoke while my children swimming. Sometimes the parking was a little tight and if you don’t know how to drive you’ll hit some ones car. Although I must say the pool was very clean and it was cleaned daily. We felt very safe. The grill was also very nice. We packed burgers and steaks and had that for dinner a couple nights. It is although at the beginning of the boardwalk so bring comfy sneakers.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
pa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

This was our third time to wildwood in 4 years. We arrived theAug.19 and returned home Aug.23. The first time to the Seagull. Read some reviews before we chose this hotel and took a chance. Besides a man knocking on our door at 11:30 first night(he was the guest previous to our arrival,coming back to find something not legal and return his to us)everything was great. Thank God when you do not return your keys the management change the locks for the next guest. Other then that drama we had a great time. The sofa bed was a little uncomfortable but it was something to sleep on .we gave the kids our beds. we had 2 teenagers and two youngsters they enjoyed their selves. The employees were wonderful the spot was great location . You walk far to get to the piers,but who doesn't. Everyone needs exercise. If you stayed at the other end you still have to walk to get to the first pier. I would definitely recommend the Seagull. We hope to return next year and hopefully get the same room.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2009

We stayed there this past week and also we had stayed in 2007. Both times we found the Sea Gull to be clean with a great staff. The pool really saved us one day mid week when the salps were washing up on shore making it a bit yucky to be in the ocean. We just went to the motel pool for that afternoon and the salp on the beach problem cleared the next day. I have read reviews where people did not like being told to be quiet outside of the motel rooms at night but from the point of view of others it is nice to have a quiet motel for sleeping. We had quiet restfull nights and you don't get that at every shore motel these days!

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2009

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 4 nights in July. We read a lot of reviews on here beforehand, and many people commented that it was very clean, and the employees were pleasant. So we took a chance and booked a room.

We were very happy with our decision. We had a Model A room, which was just two double beds and a bathroom, along with a microwave and refridgerator. The room was the cleanest room I think I've stayed in so far, and I've been going to Wildwood since I was a little kid. The rug seemed pretty clean, the bathroom was larger than I expected, especially the shower, and it was clean as well. All the furniture matched, which made the room look nice and put together.

We didn't go in the pool, as it was occupied by little kids most of the time (but the motel wasn't overtaken by little kids by any means), but we could tell it was clean because we actually saw someone who worked at the motel treating the water with chemicals at night.

Parking was fine, there were quite a few spaces available. We were scared to move the car however, because we didn't want to lose our spot.

The motel is at the very end of the boardwalk, but only a block and a half from the ramp up to the boardwalk. It was kind of a long walk on the boardwalk to get to the fun parts where everything is - there was a long stretch of nothingness. It wasn't bad though; it was kind of nice to get away from everyone at the end of the day. We also enjoyed walking all the way to the end of the boardwalk, and taking the tram car back at night.

All in all, we had a great trip and great room. The staff who worked at the front desk were very friendly, even the house keepers were nice. I would definitely reccomend this motel to my friends and family.

Oh, and big plus: Everyone spoke English! Not broken English either, real English!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jk0386
souderton,pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

short trip, satff very nice and helpfull clean rooms and a nice pool

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Delanco NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the SeaGull Motel.Older motel/family own. Everyone tries to make guest happy. The parking is not great, but that was ok. The only thing I really had a problem with was the way the maintenance men dressed. We had a small problem in the room and first a young man in a hooded sweatshirt showed up and then another man in a t-shirt ,They did fix the problem. the next day we saw a friendly older man. There was a young man dress nicely but not friendly looking, mad at the world. I was a little afraid to let them in, how did we really know they worked there. The maids had t-shirts that said SeaGull Motel. Which let us know they worked there. In this day, I found it hard to believe, even in a small family motel. That the maintenance men wear what ever they want and don't identify themself. other than this, it is clean, close to boardwalk. Also go to the Zoo in CMCH I say try the place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
msnicholl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

Okay, now I know I have written a review about the Seagull Motel prior to this one. I go back every year and every year it is the same experience. This time was a little different. We arrived at the Seagull motel on a Tuesday. We only booked the motel room for two nights but we decided to stay three nights when we got down there. The girl at the front desk had no problem fixing it for me. They were so nice. We arrived two hours early and check in isnt until 3pm. But she told me she would have our room cleaned right away and she would call our cell phone when it was finished. So we took a stroll on the beach. She called around 2pm. We said "Great". When we got the key and entered the room, we were a little heistant, because the room did not seem as clean as it was the previous 7 years. But 7 years of extreme cleanliness is great for a motel. Well this year we noticed that the housekeeper did not change the sheet on the second bed because there was a pizza stain on it and a piece of pizza on the side of the bed. It was appauling. We called the front desk immediately. They actually placed us in a different room. She explained that there was a new housekeeper in training and the only room she did was ours. But I told her "Well someone should have double checked her work". After she calmed me down I didnt feel as aggravated because the new room was as clean as the previous years. So I wasnt as bothered. The reason why I gave it a higher rating than most people would give for an incident as this one is because of all the previous years I have stayed with them. She also fixed the incident to my liking. Also I did arive two hours early and I did rush them to get in my room, but thats still no excuse for the filthiness of the incident itself. I have never had a problem before this. She apologized several times. Which in my opinion she should. But after this the stay was great. It was a little cooler than expected, but the pool heater kicked in so it was sooo nice. I am providing more pics, so I hope that also helps. Also for anyone who does not know this, there is a required 10$ deposit for room keys when you get there. You will get them back when you leave if you return the keys. On top of the incident I left some of my things and they stated when I return back in August that my stuff will be in my room. Thats really nice! I am returning back in July, so I will write another review!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank msnicholl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
Riviera Resort & Suites
Riviera Resort & Suites
#15 of 76 in Wildwood
AA Heart of Wildwood Motels

Been to SeaGull Motel? Share your experiences!