“Great Value, Accommodating Staff”
Review of SeaGull Motel

SeaGull Motel
Ranked #2 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great Value, Accommodating Staff”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sea Gull for three nights. It is an older property but it is clean and very comfortable. It had a nice sized refrigerator, microwave, huge tub, comfy mattresses and pillows.
It is close to the beach and has outdoor showers available. The pool is large and clean, and there is a nice deck above overlooking it with tables and comfortable chairs. Absolutely the ONLY thing I can recommend to the staff is that they change/update window coverings. Quite a bit of light comes in at night which made it hard for me to stay asleep. That being said, I would say anyone who wants a reasonably priced stay, close to the beach should give the Sea Gull a try!

Room Tip: second floor has nice tubs and is above pool level
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jayne G
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Sunniski, Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your time and effort helping to get the word out about our friendly clean seashore accommodations! We are in the process of switching out our vertical blinds for newer wood look blinds and canvas curtains. We completed the 3rd floor motel rooms and have had a positive response from our patrons. We are poised to tackle the 1st and 2nd floors in the Fall. Your recommendations are instrumental in improving our property. Thanks again, Ginny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is not my first trip to Wildwood and it is the forth time staying at the Sea Gull. Each time I do, I look forward to my return. For someone like myself, who has a tight budget, this is the best savings of all the motels there. It is located two small blocks from the boardwalk. The rooms are clean, the staff are personable and helpfull. Each room comes with a frig, microwave, cable TV, free pool and free WiFi. There are lawn chairs outside each room on all levels. There are multiple restaurants in walking distance and virtually every other type of needed service.
This year, my trip would have been a disaster were it not for the Sea Gull Motel: I had arranged for my stay at the Sea Gull in advance. My girls were going to stay with friends three blocks away for some privacy. One day before the trip, the friends cancled!!! OMG What was I going to do?
I called that night and requested another room. They provided me with one right next to mine.
Thank you "Sea Gull Motel" We will be returning for the fifth stay!

Room Tip: Call in advance and ask for a higher level / floor. Like all motels, they are always quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is now my second year at The Sea Gull Motel, and once again I was impressed with the courteous and friendly staff.. The rooms are clean and even the A Room was still manageable with my wife and two small children.. Will be staying here every time I visit wildwood..

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Do not stay here!!! This motel needs a total upgrade. Our room had a terrible odor. Nothing worked in the room. The hinges on the doors were rusted. Everything was old and dated!! The bathroom needed an extensive cleaning!! Never again!! We had a terrible stay!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 9Genna
I have written to TripAdvisor to dispute this review. I feel that this is not a legitimate review. I have searched our records for June and at no time was an occupant from New York City, NY staying here. I also researched our maintenance logs and there were no multiple complaints about things not working in any of the rooms at any time.
Warminster, PA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Clean rooms, nice sitting areas to relax and spend time with the other families we were with. The board walk starts right there at Cresse, so the kids were able to walk up and get to the piers safely in a group while the adults stayed back and enjoyed the quiet.

The staff (family owned) were super friendly and accomodating. No better place in Wildwood for the price. Will most certainly be going back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Sea Gull Motel over the 4th of July weekend. We arrived to the beach early, and the hotel staff were extremely accommodating and we were able to check into our room early! The parking and location to the beach was convenient; it is in walking distance to the boardwalk and to many restaurants. This was our second time staying at the Sea Gull, and we had nothing to complain about. One of my favorite things about this hotel is the complimentary coffee every morning, as well as the deck that we can relax on. This hotel is extremely clean and amenities like a hair dryer, microwave, and fridge in the room are definitely a plus! We cannot wait to come here again next summer, but we may not be able to wait until then! I would recommend this hotel to couples looking for a weekend getaway as well as families due to the relaxed and quiet atmosphere of the hotel. This hotel gets an A+ for quality and value for a holiday getaway, best in Wildwood!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nmkramer
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Nmkramer, Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please tell your friends :-)
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Location was perfect! I had the best time with my family. I will definitely be back. Very clean. Wonderful atmosphere, and wonderful employees. Certainly a trip to remember. If you want to find the best restaurants the staff has impeccable suggestions. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#4 of 76 in Wildwood
Brittany Motel
Brittany Motel
#7 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to SeaGull Motel? Share your experiences!