“Good Value at Sea Gull Motel”
Review of SeaGull Motel

SeaGull Motel
Ranked #4 of 75 Hotels in Wildwood
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Everything was up to expectation. Clean Comfortable. Price was very competitive Staff were pleasant and helpful. Only problem was wi-fi reception was poor. We have been here before and will return again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaggieB2446
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear MaggieB,
We are happy to have you as a return customer! We appreciate your patronage. I noticed that you stayed with us 4 times dating back to 2007. Thank you for your loyalty. We are grateful to have such a large repeat clientele and wish to continue providing the best product for the most fair price possible. So sorry about the slow internet connection during your stay. I believe it may have been the day after an intense lightning storm. The internet was up an running again right away. We haven't had any complaints since then. Please let us know anytime you have an issue. We will make it right!
Virginia (Ginny) Nichols, Manager

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I spent four days here at the end of August on a rare chance to get away for a few days. My trip to Wildwood was very relaxing and enjoyable, in part, because of the accommodations. I understand you can't please everyone, but I can't image how anyone can look at the Sea Gull negatively. I found it to be a very nice place. The room was fine and taken care of on a daily basis. I enjoyed the ability to sit outside the room and relax. I didn't use the pool but several others at the hotel did and it seemed like they were enjoying themselves. The location was fantastic and in close proximity to the boardwalk and the beach. I had some concerns on my way there after reading several people raise concerns with paking but I never had an issue and always had a spot. I found the staff to be very friendly and they often asked if everything was to my satisfaction which it most certainly was. They seemed to be truly interested in making sure that my stay was an enjoyable one. I'm not sure when I'll get back to Wildwood, but if I do I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed September 10, 2012

my family spent four nights at Sea Gull hotel first week of August. Room was always nice and clean. Walking distance to ocean. Our children enjoyed the swimming pool nest to hotel. Personal were very friendly and helpful. Price was very reasonable. Its make our vacation wounderfull and lots of fun. We are looking forward for next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I come to Wildwood once a year.. and if I am lucky enough more than once a year. I stayed at the Sea Gull once a few years back and it ihas been my regular Wildwood motel ever since.

Staff - Always very friendly to me.. Have accomadated any requests I've had. I have never had a problem.

Rooms - I always stay in the Type A standard motel room. My rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The refrigerator in the room is a plus.

The pool is always clean and crystal clear and I love the upstiars deck/balcony. I miss the porch swing that used to be up there though :)

The room rates are a little cheaper thatn other motels around that area.. and in my opinion I am getting MORE than I pay for at the Sea-Gull.

Sea Gull is and will remain my Wildwood destination.. I am very much looking forward to my 3 nights at the Sea Gull this coming weekend!

Sharon Gilliss :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

OMG Just got back from our wonderful family and friends reunion at the Sea Gull, We had 7 rooms between all of us, I have been visiting the Sea Gull for 16 years. I found it in a Magazine 16 years ago and what pushed me to call was the (guarded baby pool) my son was 7 months old at the time and we have pictures of all our family member in that pool & some great memories of our family, (some of them of which have passed on), The staff is friendly, concerned, and very nice, the pool is constantly being cleaned and the staff on board are willing to do anything they are asked. The friends we have met there over the last 16 years have remained in tact with occasional Christmas cards etc..... until we meet again Labor Day weekend, If you are looking for a fun filled vacation full of wonderful keepsake memories, check out The Sea Gull Motel in Wildwood, I promise, no regrets except when its time to leave, awwwwwwwwwwww. Sincerely, Awylda Linda Cruz, Kearny NJ

Room Tip: Rooms 114 115 but keep it neat cause thats my room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

During a week long trip to NJ we stayed in 3 different hotels throughout the state. Our few days at the Sea Gull were the best. Compared to Hyatt house it was cleaner and far more comfortable. In fact, this was one of the cleanest hotels we've ever visited. The pool was very nice and easy to enter and exit. The staff was wonderful, cheerful, friendly, and very helpful. The walk to boardwalk was very easy. This is a great motel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's been about 10 plus years since my last visit to Wildwood, but thanks to a Half Marathon in town, it called me back for a visit.

LOCATION: This motel is located a block from the end of the boardwalk on the boarder of Wildwood and Wildwood Crest. About 4 blocks away is the Wildwood Convention Center. Right across the street from the motel is an Italian restaurant, Little Italy. About 3 blocks north is a Mexican spot named Bandanas.

ROOM: The room is small and the furnishings are outdated. There is a microwave and fridge in the room, which is a plus. However, the room had a dump, musty smell too it. Dampness in the room was obviously a problem b/c under the desk was a small bucket of damp-rid, a product used to absorb moisture. The bathroom was big complete with closet. However, there was an ant problem in the bathroom. Every morning when I woke up, there were ants on the sink and counter above the mirror. It wasn't an infestation, but about several little guys per morning. The towels smelled clean, but looked dirty. The thing with white towels is that after awhile you have to recycle them b/c they are no longer white, which was the case here. The air condition worked well. The TV was small and old school with the big old back, but hey you are not down the shore to spend time watching TV.

POOL: The pool is small. It goes as deep as 8 ft. and has a kiddie section for the little ones.

STAFF: The staff was friendly and the maids did clean the room with disinfected every morning, but again, nothing rid the room of the damp, musty smell. You get use to it eventually, but still stinks.

OVERALL: In closing, I would NOT stay at this motel again. Although you get use to the smell in the room and the overall feeling of dampness, the thought of staying here again is not on my list of things to re-experience. But, to each their own. Hope you have a better experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoJo_Da_Explorer
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Dear Jo Jo,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all the positive things you noticed (location, proximity to restaurants, staff and cleaning service). Please know that your input will help us make improvements to our family run motel. I am so sorry that you did not have a satisfactory experience with the smell of your room. This summer has been extremely hot. The first floor rooms can get musty because of the condensation that can occur and we are usually able to make sure that it is under control. If this situation is a problem, there are several solutions housekeeping can try. Our exterminating service is on call if any pesky ants find their way in. I’m sorry we were not told of your displeasure so that we could have attempted to rectify these issues during your stay. If you do give us another chance, you could request an upper floor which may be a bit drier. We aim to please if given a chance! I sincerely hope you do not wait another 10 years to visit Wildwood; our city has so much fun to offer (I hope you did well in the half marathon!)
Thank you, Virginia (Ginny) Nichols, Manager