“Loyal Sea-Gull customer”

Ranked #4 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Roselle, New Jersey
“Loyal Sea-Gull customer”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I come to Wildwood once a year.. and if I am lucky enough more than once a year. I stayed at the Sea Gull once a few years back and it ihas been my regular Wildwood motel ever since.

Staff - Always very friendly to me.. Have accomadated any requests I've had. I have never had a problem.

Rooms - I always stay in the Type A standard motel room. My rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The refrigerator in the room is a plus.

The pool is always clean and crystal clear and I love the upstiars deck/balcony. I miss the porch swing that used to be up there though :)

The room rates are a little cheaper thatn other motels around that area.. and in my opinion I am getting MORE than I pay for at the Sea-Gull.

Sea Gull is and will remain my Wildwood destination.. I am very much looking forward to my 3 nights at the Sea Gull this coming weekend!

Sharon Gilliss :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Kearny, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

OMG Just got back from our wonderful family and friends reunion at the Sea Gull, We had 7 rooms between all of us, I have been visiting the Sea Gull for 16 years. I found it in a Magazine 16 years ago and what pushed me to call was the (guarded baby pool) my son was 7 months old at the time and we have pictures of all our family member in that pool & some great memories of our family, (some of them of which have passed on), The staff is friendly, concerned, and very nice, the pool is constantly being cleaned and the staff on board are willing to do anything they are asked. The friends we have met there over the last 16 years have remained in tact with occasional Christmas cards etc..... until we meet again Labor Day weekend, If you are looking for a fun filled vacation full of wonderful keepsake memories, check out The Sea Gull Motel in Wildwood, I promise, no regrets except when its time to leave, awwwwwwwwwwww. Sincerely, Awylda Linda Cruz, Kearny NJ

Room Tip: Rooms 114 115 but keep it neat cause thats my room
Reviewed September 3, 2012

During a week long trip to NJ we stayed in 3 different hotels throughout the state. Our few days at the Sea Gull were the best. Compared to Hyatt house it was cleaner and far more comfortable. In fact, this was one of the cleanest hotels we've ever visited. The pool was very nice and easy to enter and exit. The staff was wonderful, cheerful, friendly, and very helpful. The walk to boardwalk was very easy. This is a great motel.

• Stayed August 2012
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's been about 10 plus years since my last visit to Wildwood, but thanks to a Half Marathon in town, it called me back for a visit.

LOCATION: This motel is located a block from the end of the boardwalk on the boarder of Wildwood and Wildwood Crest. About 4 blocks away is the Wildwood Convention Center. Right across the street from the motel is an Italian restaurant, Little Italy. About 3 blocks north is a Mexican spot named Bandanas.

ROOM: The room is small and the furnishings are outdated. There is a microwave and fridge in the room, which is a plus. However, the room had a dump, musty smell too it. Dampness in the room was obviously a problem b/c under the desk was a small bucket of damp-rid, a product used to absorb moisture. The bathroom was big complete with closet. However, there was an ant problem in the bathroom. Every morning when I woke up, there were ants on the sink and counter above the mirror. It wasn't an infestation, but about several little guys per morning. The towels smelled clean, but looked dirty. The thing with white towels is that after awhile you have to recycle them b/c they are no longer white, which was the case here. The air condition worked well. The TV was small and old school with the big old back, but hey you are not down the shore to spend time watching TV.

POOL: The pool is small. It goes as deep as 8 ft. and has a kiddie section for the little ones.

STAFF: The staff was friendly and the maids did clean the room with disinfected every morning, but again, nothing rid the room of the damp, musty smell. You get use to it eventually, but still stinks.

OVERALL: In closing, I would NOT stay at this motel again. Although you get use to the smell in the room and the overall feeling of dampness, the thought of staying here again is not on my list of things to re-experience. But, to each their own. Hope you have a better experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoJo_Da_Explorer
SeagullMotelManager, Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Jo Jo,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all the positive things you noticed (location, proximity to restaurants, staff and cleaning service). Please know that your input will help us make improvements to our family run motel. I am so sorry that you did not have a satisfactory experience with the smell of your room. This summer has been extremely hot. The first floor rooms can get musty because of the condensation that can occur and we are usually able to make sure that it is under control. If this situation is a problem, there are several solutions housekeeping can try. Our exterminating service is on call if any pesky ants find their way in. I’m sorry we were not told of your displeasure so that we could have attempted to rectify these issues during your stay. If you do give us another chance, you could request an upper floor which may be a bit drier. We aim to please if given a chance! I sincerely hope you do not wait another 10 years to visit Wildwood; our city has so much fun to offer (I hope you did well in the half marathon!)
Thank you, Virginia (Ginny) Nichols, Manager
Waterloo, New York
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Older motel but clean. I saw the staff cleaning all day inside and out..The staff at the desk helped with suggestions about the area . Very friendly !!! Has a nice deck where you can see the ocean. Just a all around nice motel!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lawtyk
Lincoln Park
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was a last minute trip that went very well. The staff was great and very accomidating. The price was perfect for the area we were in. We are a family of four and had such a great time. Last time we were in Wildwood was about sixteen years ago. It was nice to be back with the kids this time. Sea Gull was a great place to stay for the whole family. Looking forward to going again next year.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here the week of 8/20. The Motel is "retro-chic" and is very nice for an old place. The rooms were very clean and well-kept. The staff is excellent, and it shows that they take a great deal of pride in maintaining the place too. My only gripe was the bed, it was very firm/old and the pillows were lumpy, but other than than that it was a great-stay for the price!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back, or not facing the street would be the best bet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#5 of 76 in Wildwood
Brittany Motel
Brittany Motel
#9 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to SeaGull Motel? Share your experiences!