“See you again next year Sea Gull Motel!”
Review of SeaGull Motel

SeaGull Motel
Ranked #3 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“See you again next year Sea Gull Motel!”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

After the hotel my family had been going to for over 20 years closed down ,(The Best Rest Motel), I needed to find another place close to the boardwalk yet clean and affordable to take its place for our summer trips. I found the Sea Gull through this site and decided to give it a try.

Made my reservations by phone and the receptionist was very kind and helpful. I was even able to add an extra night to my stay when I called back later to inquire about it. Both women I talk to were very courteous, as was the girl that checked us in when we arrived.

The outside of the motel is adorable and the pool is just the right size and very well maintained. Motel exterior is spotless. There is plenty of off street parking as well. In addition to the Motel there are efficiency apartments right across from the larger parking area. The Sea Gull is mere steps from the the boardwalk & beach(right at the beginning of the boardwalk where the Crest side is) . Its close enough to get to everything yet far enough away from the busier side so you get peace and quiet at night. You can always take the Tram Car if the rides/attractions are too far for you to walk. Also a plus, a convenient store is directly across the street which we used several times for milk. The restaurant LITTLE ITALY is also just across the street and I recommend you try it!

The inside of our motel unit was perfect for me, my husband and our 2 year old daughter. It was clean and the maids did a wonderful job with it daily. The price we paid was fabulous for what we got. If your looking for something very fancy and upscale your not going to find it here. If your looking for an affordable family motel with clean rooms and thats close to the beach and boardwalk then I highly recommend you stay here.

Thank you Sea Gull-- See you next July!

Room Tip: If you need a large bathroom inquire about that when making reservation. Some rooms have MUCH small...
1 Thank beachgurl301

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
East Greenbush, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed for 5 nights and overall it was great! The price of the room met our low budget family's needs. The hotel was average for the low price, but was clean and the staff were more than helpful/ friendly. The rooms share an open balcony but most of the rooms had a divider on the balcony for privacy between rooms. Hanging wet towels on the rail added to the privacy and was great! It is conveniently only one block from the beach, which was great when we had to carry chairs and sand toys (there were carts for rent at the office to make the trip to the beach even easier!) Although it is located at the very south end of the boardwalk there is meter parking farther north, parking lots ranging from 5$-10$, and a Tram-Car for $2.50/ person that will bring you to the other end of the boardwalk (or back if you're tired!).
The house keeping staff was very friendly and offered to come back in 1/2 hour when we had slept a little too late. They cleaned the floors and tub (which get rather sandy after a day at the beach.) There were 3 stalls to wash off excess sand before returning to your room. (this was helpful traveling with children) They offer coffee in the morning for those who need a little caffeine to start the day off like myself. There were tons of brochures for local restaurants and activities. The pool offers an off beach water experience with a gated off 1ft section for little ones, a roped off 3ft section for beginner swimmers and a 6-9 ft section for experts. The pool area is smoke free and has tons of lounge chairs to absorb the sun as the crescent shape of the hotel lets in sun until past closing hours!
Parking was guaranteed one car per room. We never had a problem parking even when we got back late. There were extra spaces if you are traveling in a group where one care would be parked in so it's not stuck on the street with meter parking.
This is not a 5* resort it's a family hotel with great amenities. It even had a grill with utensils for a BBQ! It's well worth the price and we would recommend it to our friends! We are highly considering making reservations for this hotel next year!

Room Tip: The rooms are basic but meet quality standards. They are clean with ample towels ect.
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 15, 2011

My sister and I decided to stay for five nights in Wildwood New Jersey, and just got home from staying at the Sea Gull Motel. We shared a one room efficiency with my 8 year old daughter, and 4 year old niece.

The service we received while staying at the Sea Gull was excellent. After having trouble booking a room at another location nearby, I was pleased to find making a reservation over the phone at the Sea Gull so simple and easy. There were no problems making a reservation over the phone, I received e-mail confirmation within a few days, and the staff that took my call was extremely helpful in finding me the right type of room for my vacation.

The Sea Gull Motel had a great family atmosphere. ALL of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My sister and I were extremely impressed with the housekeeping staff. While all the housekeeping staff only work for a limited amount of hours, they were always courteous and patient with my sister and I, and waited until we had exited the room for the day. Floors were vacuumed and washed, our kitchen area was always clean, and we were surprised at how generous they were with all the fresh towels we found in our bathroom each evening!

My favorite part about this stay was it's location to the beach (about 1 1/2 blocks) and the fact that they had a pool. Our two young girls enjoyed swimming every evening after we had had enough time at the beach. The pool was kept up very well, and was vacuumed and cleansed daily. Although the sign on the pool states only open until 6pm, management always opened the pool for later use if someone wanted to use it- this happened to be everyday we were there which was great for our girls!

I really liked staying at this motel. My family had a great time. Although the rooms are slightly outdated, I found that their reasonable rates more than made up for this. Everything was always clean, and I enjoyed free coffee every morning while sitting in a rocker in the sun. What a peaceful way to wake up in the morning, while hearing the nearby seagulls and ocean ;) Awesome vacation!

1 Thank SJans
Albany, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2011

This was our first time staying at this motel. The staff was very friendly. The room and the pool were very clean. Nice family atmosphere. The motel is older, but the price was right. If you are looking for a nice quiet,clean, and reasonably priced place,than this is it.

1 Thank siena22
montreal
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We rented one of the efficencies. It is old and dated and although we did not see any roaches, there was roach poop in the cupboards and on the bathroom sink. The microwave was rusted in and out so we did not use. the pool closes at 6pm unless people are still using it which I found to be too early especially since the sun sets after 9. The boardwalk and beach are steps away but with young kids it is a good 15 -20 minute walk until you reach one of the amusement parks on the boardwalk. It was okay but not on any of my top choice lists as Wildwood is FULL of motels, you have many to choose from.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
SeagullMotelManager, General Manager at SeaGull Motel, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
The Sea Gull Motel is a clean and comfortable family environment which has a wonderful location. Our rates reflect the fact that we are an older but lovingly maintained property. We are across the street from the South end of the boardwalk and the North end of the Wildwood Crest bike path. The boardwalk is under 2 miles long with the bulk of the amusements in the center. I like to say we are the best of both worlds. We are close enough to the festivities to be able to walk to them but far enough away to have a quieter "Crest" like atmosphere. Our fabulous maintenance staff prides themselves on being prompt in responding to any complaints. If alerted to a pest problem, we have a wonderful exterminating service, Drake exterminators. Drew, the owner, is on call at all times. I can call him on his cell at any hour and he will come right away and rectify a situation that may arise. We do not have any ongoing pest issues. Our heated pool and baby pool is not supervised by a lifeguard and therefore we have to post open and close hours. After hours we will be glad to open the pool if asked. We will take immediate action to replace any microwaves with rust inside. We do have spare appliances ready for any malfunctions. We are happy to hear feedback to be able to improve our services!
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We were really pleased with the very clean efficiency apartment and the quietness of the motel. The atmosphere was family-oriented; the outdoor pool was always filled with parents and children. No partying college students! Every morning the pool and pool area was cleaned. The housekeeping staff did a great job and were very pleasant. We have no complaints and would recommend the Sea Gull to anyone who is looking for a modest room/apartment for their vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jlo061
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Room are updated each year, cleaned daily and if something is not right tell them and they will fix it right away.

Coffee is free in the AM.

Location is just a block away from the ocean and boardwalk

Across the street is a resturant Little Italy great food, plus plenty of eating places close by.

Nice pool very clean. Also made a suggestion to them about putting a railing on the pool steps to make it easier for everyone to get in and out and they are putting one in for 2012 season.

Only one fault no elevator and if you are on the 3rd floor getting your luggage and other items up is hard especially if your older. But they do have someone to help you if you need help.

Love the place.

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms are the best unless .
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Queenie22_11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wildwood
Aqua Beach Resort
#4 of 76 in Wildwood
Brittany Motel
Brittany Motel
#7 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to SeaGull Motel? Share your experiences!