“Frequently Flyer”

Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in Wildwood
philly
“Frequently Flyer”
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Me & my family have being coming to the Brittany Motel for 7 years. We love this place!!!! My family will be back next year and many more years to come. Any problems that I have they always take care of it right away. Sophia & John have done great things to this hotel every year and they are only getting better. They welcome you with a smile and they hate to see us go. Thanks John & Sophia for another great summer vacation! See you next year hopefully with another family member added to our family to experience the fun.

• Liked — the staff, location, price
  • Disliked — nothing
2 Thank kremolde

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2008

Going to Wildwood? You have to check out the Brittany! My sister, 2 children and I went on vacation on Thurs. we checked into a different place -which turned out to have mothballs and my son was allergic and had an asthma attack- So my sister and I went for a walk searching for a place to stay for 3nts. We saw really bad rooms for so-so money, saw great rooms for lots of money. Then we come to the Brittany. This is a family run motel that is clean, spacious and so very friendly. Christine and John helped us to get
our 1st nights deposit back from the other 'place', and set us up in a room that could fit us all. They were angels!! We asked about
a coffee maker in the rooms, even thou they have continental breakfast by the pool every morning, they got us settled in and the
next thing we know-- there's a knock on the door, and a girl is
giving us our own private 10cup coffee pot! I have found the place I can keep going back to year after year. Thank you for a great vacation, oh and because of all they did we ended up staying an extra night!
Kathleen Ryder - email -crma1984@hotmail.com

• Liked — spacious, clean, and 1-2 blks from everything
  • Disliked — kitchen faucet leaked
1 Thank Kathleen1984
Northern, New Jersey
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I have been coming to Wildwood for over 30 years, my family used to take me down, now I take my family down, it’s a great place to go especially if you have kids. The motel we usually stay at got to be a little pricey, so we searched around and came across the Brittany Motel, which was reasonably priced and it looked good in the Wildwood Vacation Planner 2008. Based on what we saw and read about the Brittany we were confident enough to choose that motel. Well until we got there, the parking was tight. Then we got to our room, I was embarrassed to bring my family in, it looked like something from the Brady Bunch show, very 70ish, everything was old. We had a 2 room efficiency. The carpet was old and it smelled, there was only one TV, no blow dryer, the shower rod was rusty, the fridge did not keep anything cold, the couch was filthy, the microwave was disgusting, I couldn’t enjoy the pool because it was freezing and a bit dirty. And if I had to use the BBQ I had to go next door. They had 3 grills but only 1 worked. Then they had a cook-out on Wednesday afternoon and the hot dogs were boiled not b-b-qued (wife got sick on them). We had more fun at the beach. Thank goodness the water park, boardwalk, and beach were all close by. Spend the extra few bucks and stay at a cleaner and a much more up-dated motel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Motel not kept up with the times
3 Thank italia4u
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I have to say that the management at the Brittnay was wonderful. Very friendly at all times. My son and his friends stayed at the Brittnay during Senior week and when I went to pick them up the owners had nothing but good things to say about them. That is why I decided to book a room for a week in August! I was there from the 10th to the 17th and the rooms were clean the pool was clean and the staff was EXCELLENT!!! Everyday they cleaned the pool and could see how hard the staff worked at keeping the surrounding clean. The maid was also very friendly and helpful.
On Wednesday evening the staff played games with the children. Hola Hoop contest, Limbo and water balloons. I am not saying the motel was the HILTON but for a beach room it was perfect!

Thanks staff and owners for a fantastic time!!!

2 Thank wildwood4life
new york
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We have been visiting Wildwood for over 15 years, staying in various motels during the first 10 years. When we found the Brittany motel, we did not want to go anywhere else. The location is perfect, close to the fun-filled boardwalk, and the calm waves of the ocean. The rooms are always in pristine condition. The pool is kept clean. Te family that owns the motel are always involved in preserving the excellent standard for visitors. They are kind and respectful, always eager to assist. Thank you for letting us enjoy our vacation.

Marta Andriasova and Arshak Andriasov

• Liked — The People
  • Disliked — None
1 Thank kings80
Lumberton, New Jersey
Reviewed August 11, 2008

My husband, two daughters and myself stayed at the Brittany for one night this past weekend. Check-in was fast, although the gentleman who checked me in never bothered to get off of the personal call he was on while he checked me in. Our room was clean and spacious but very outdated - no real complaints there. The pool was nice and they had music playing by the pool, which I enjoy. My two major complaints were: (1) they advertised a continental breakfast and the only thing they had out was lukewarm coffee and some orange juice. When my husband asked the desk clerk about the breakfast, she just kind of shrugged and said she didn't know about it; and (2) the water pressure in the shower was so weak that I could barely get the shampoo out of my hair. Even though I had these issues, I do have to say that the location of the hotel is very good - close to beach and boardwalk and we even had a view of the ocean from our back balcony, which was nice. Would I stay here again? Probably not but it was one of the few hotels that actually allowed one-night stays, whereas many hotels in Wildwood have two or three night minimums.

• Liked — Location and view
  • Disliked — Outdated
1 Thank LiveForVacations17
East Greenbush, New York
Reviewed August 10, 2008

I have been going to Wildwood for my entire life & finally brought my husband for the first time. By my own stupidity, I neglected to make a reservation at one of my family's regular hotels in the crest, due to traveling last minute. After finding nothing on such short notice, we decided to head down to the Brittney (not my favorite part of town, as you'll see by the surroundings)....I had stayed there years ago when I was fresh out of high school with my friends..back then it was fine, because we didn't know better...but 20 years later THE ROOMS WERE EXACTLY the same and it even had the same rug, decor & dishes from 20 years ago...didn't look like anything had been fixed or cleaned since than either! I was in a bind & ended up paying $250/nt for this dump! The pool was over flowing with undesireables and DIRTY! Our balcony door did not lock, I was afraid for my children to sit on the couch in fear of getting bit by something....no amenities, the lamps were fixed by electrical tape...the fridge didn't keep anything cold...I could go on & on, but I would rather forget the whole experience!!! STAY CLEAR OF THIS ONE...STAY IN THE CREST!! Clean, affordable & relaxing. To top off a horrible experience, my son was sitting on the balcony & saw a crack-hoe smoking crack!! And if that's not enough, a man was trying to get in to our vehicle as we were walking to the car!!
I read the good reviews and can't help but wonder what THEY were smoking!

• Liked — nothing!
  • Disliked — everything!
4 Thank mattyzgrl68